Re: BLACKPOOL (H) MATCH THREAD

by Pablo » 21 Nov 2009 17:06

HOMEWIN

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 21 Nov 2009 17:07

gazzer, loyal royal wouldn't be surprised to see kebe up top

no need to change a settled midfield back to a 5 that quite clearly doesn't work

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One Beer is never enough.

by One Beer is never enough. » 21 Nov 2009 17:07

TFFT - now to get p!ssed ...............

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 21 Nov 2009 17:08

rhroyal
Plymouth_Royal
Ian Royal Certainly sounds like Kebe & McAnuff playing wide, so seems 4-5-1

and playing well.

8)

I'll happily eat my words if we win but good starts haven't been too unusual so far this season.

Would you like a starter with your main?

Pablo

by Pablo » 21 Nov 2009 17:08

out of the relegation zone

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 21 Nov 2009 17:08

YAY!!!

Pablo

by Pablo » 21 Nov 2009 17:09

Party 2nite

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 21 Nov 2009 17:09

Arnie_Pie I put money on us winning 2-1. Keep the faith.

Go me!

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 21 Nov 2009 17:10

Plymouth_Royal
rhroyal I'll happily eat my words if we win but good starts haven't been too unusual so far this season.

Would you like a starter with your main?
I'll have a full 5 course buffet thank you! Clearly Rodgers made the right decision today. One swallow doesn't make a summer - but 7 points from 3 games, plus the home hoodoo broken, warrants him more time.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 21 Nov 2009 17:20

So delighed for BR today, have always believed he is the right man for the job and that he will see us ok, just needs the time and patience, of everyone, to get us up into a more respectable position, very few managers would have been an immediate success with the situation he was put in by the ego-monster. Well done BR and the team !!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Nov 2009 17:21

Get in! My lucky missus wins it for reading. Lolovely

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 21 Nov 2009 17:22

One home win doesn't mean he's the right man for the job.

I'm still an inbetweener about him, but this result makes no odds. He needs to start churning out more of the same and fast, otherwise we're in big trouble.

Great result, but calm down!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 21 Nov 2009 17:23

brendywendy Get in! My lucky missus wins it for reading. Lolovely

Well you had better take the bird more often Brenderzzzzz. Think on.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 21 Nov 2009 17:27

Deathy One home win doesn't mean he's the right man for the job.

I'm still an inbetweener about him, but this result makes no odds. He needs to start churning out more of the same and fast, otherwise we're in big trouble.

Great result, but calm down!

7 points from 3 games and a very unlucky defeat against Leicester. As people have pointed out, Leicester and Blackpool are doing very well this season, whilst Ipswich have only lost 1 in the last 6. I think there are definite signs of improvement. We have winnable fixtures on the horizon, we must continue this recovery and be in a strong position at Christmas. If we're still looking like possible relegation candidates then, it will be time for action.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 21 Nov 2009 17:30

howser So delighed for BR today, have always believed he is the right man for the job and that he will see us ok, just needs the time and patience, of everyone, to get us up into a more respectable position, very few managers would have been an immediate success with the situation he was put in by the ego-monster. Well done BR and the team !!

+!

You've got to admire BR to sticking to his guns. As mentioned by rhroyal 1 swallow doesn't make a summer, and I agree. But I do feel that some of more short sighted fans can maybe see over the past few games what BR is trying to do here. He's played pretty much our whole squad this season so he can fully asses who can play where. Unfortunately that comes at a price in terms of consistency and giving the team time to gel. However, since Leicester he's finally got a definitive idea of who can play where and his best 11. I strongly believe this is why we have seen the results and performances improve a of late.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Nov 2009 17:35

A game that was so nearly the same old story.

Carved open chances a plenty but couldn't put them away. Allowed Blackpool right back into the game after battering them most of the first half and squandered the initiative at the start of the second half. Penalty turned down, goal ruled out for offside.

Go ahead against the run of play and then almost immediately conceed. Blackpool sounded like they had the better of the second half. But we win it at the death.

That breaks the Home curse. It shows tremendous fight and persistent to get a late winner in the circumstances. You can feel the pressure lift. This team has been tearing the opposition apart for swathes of games but hasn't been able to get the finishing and results right.

We now go into an away game against Derby who are in trouble with a great chance of getting our first two game winning streak. We're unbeaten in three now. It's coming, but we're still a fragile beast and I have my doubts still about Rasiak or Church upfront alone.

Hope Kebe and Church aren't badly injured.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Nov 2009 17:37

Plymouth_Royal
howser So delighed for BR today, have always believed he is the right man for the job and that he will see us ok, just needs the time and patience, of everyone, to get us up into a more respectable position, very few managers would have been an immediate success with the situation he was put in by the ego-monster. Well done BR and the team !!

+!

You've got to admire BR to sticking to his guns. As mentioned by rhroyal 1 swallow doesn't make a summer, and I agree. But I do feel that some of more short sighted fans can maybe see over the past few games what BR is trying to do here. He's played pretty much our whole squad this season so he can fully asses who can play where. Unfortunately that comes at a price in terms of consistency and giving the team time to gel. However, since Leicester he's finally got a definitive idea of who can play where and his best 11. I strongly believe this is why we have seen the results and performances improve a of late.

The problem a lot of the fans have is that most of the positive changes there have been in the games where our performances began to lift were ones that they've been demanding for weeks.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 21 Nov 2009 17:48

Ian Royal ..... It's coming, but we're still a fragile beast and I have my doubts still about Rasiak or Church upfront alone...

Playing 1 up front today was purely tactical on BR's part so we could get around a tight centre midfield with our wingers. I won't be surprised to see us go back to 2 up front.....that's if we have 2 fit strikers. :shock:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Nov 2009 17:50

Get over yourself negative nellys. Things are clearly turning,in terms of the play,the results,the confidence,the goals, the home form. Humble pie for u lot soon i reckon.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 21 Nov 2009 18:06

'greed brendy it was always going to take time, interesting to see this week depending on how bad Church is injured as to whether or not wee see how the egomonsters determination is to get us back to the Premiership with the funding for a loan striker or if he still is in the "cloth cutting" mode and we have to make do wiih just the one fit striker. Think I know what the answer to that one will be !!