RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Loan deadline

by RoyalBlue » 25 Nov 2009 15:04

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
CMRoyal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe I've always been one to defend JM.

But we need a striker, that's not a debate. We need that player now.

We've had a terrible year, it's starting to turn. COuld be rather counter productive.

I fear right DNA means a cheap kid from Chelsea....

Failed that one already - I dread to think who we'll end up with given how many of BR's enquiries seem to have been rejected in the last few weeks.

But I thought he was such a great coach that top clubs around the world were desperate to loan their best young players to us to benifit from working with him...

It doesn't matter how good a coach you are or how good your contacts are if your Chairman isn't prepared to pay the wages/loan fees!!

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 25 Nov 2009 20:53

looks like we wont be getting anyone in

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/roundup/articles/2009/11/25/43151-hammond-cools-loan-striker-interest/

ROYALS director of football Nick Hammond admits it is "highly unlikely" they will sign a striker before tomorrow's loan transfer deadline.

Clubs have until midnight on Thursday to complete any business but Reading appear to have called off their chase following three knock-backs in past couple of weeks.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is understood to have been rebuffed by his old club Chelsea in the last few days after enquiring about 18-year-old Italian starlet Fabio Borini.

Hammond told the Chronicle: "I think it is highly unlikely something will happen before the deadline.

"We have been asking questions about players but they weren't available and we're not bringing players in for the sake of it."

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 25 Nov 2009 21:00

Well what a bloody surprise. The Squeaking poodle who is lapdog to that tight fisted old git of a Chairman says it is unlikely.

Now I would never have guessed. RFC are about as likely to do anything constructive as SDR is likely to buy a new keyboardddddddddd

Real Facts from the Main Man. You know it makes senseeeeee

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 25 Nov 2009 21:12

Where's me washboard?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Nov 2009 21:44

It will be interesting to see if Borini ends up on loan anywhere else - then we will know it was down to tight @rsed chairman/squeaky rather than the player being unavailable for loan.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 25 Nov 2009 22:01

Would be disappointing.

Not like anyone else has signed a striker that would have been a realistic target though.

Touch wood CHurch is ok....

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 25 Nov 2009 22:08

Mid Sussex Royal It will be interesting to see if Borini ends up on loan anywhere else - then we will know it was down to tight @rsed chairman/squeaky rather than the player being unavailable for loan.

If those were the only criteria. Most important to Chelsea and the player would be to take the offer that represents the best chance of improving him.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Loan line

by The whole year inn » 25 Nov 2009 22:26

CMRoyal
Tilehurst Mike Maybe we will be forced to do what used to happen in the good old days before the loan system existed and place a good old fashioned centre back up front as an emergency striker. Remember Steve Hetkze anyone. Didn't he score 10 0r so goals in one season playing up front.
Come in Mills or O'Dea!!

Alex Pearce is the new John Terry

LOL

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 26 Nov 2009 01:36

From the fans meet the players tonight, Long and Church might be in the squad for Saturday. Having heard about Rodgers wanting to bring in the right type of player in for one month, up until the transfer window opens again surely it might be worth bringing someone in just to fill the gapuntil then.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 26 Nov 2009 08:46

Compo's Hat From the fans meet the players tonight, Long and Church might be in the squad for Saturday. Having heard about Rodgers wanting to bring in the right type of player in for one month, up until the transfer window opens again surely it might be worth bringing someone in just to fill the gapuntil then.

It might indeed be worth it, but this is RFC. It might have been worth signing a few decent players to strengthen the squad when we were in the Premiership as well, but did we?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 26 Nov 2009 08:50

Can we start a 'Premiership Years Moaning' fund, for everytime someone mentions the fact we didn't spend in the PL etc etc. :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Nov 2009 09:11

WoodleyRoyal looks like we wont be getting anyone in

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/roundup/articles/2009/11/25/43151-hammond-cools-loan-striker-interest/

ROYALS director of football Nick Hammond admits it is "highly unlikely" they will sign a striker before tomorrow's loan transfer deadline.

Clubs have until midnight on Thursday to complete any business but Reading appear to have called off their chase following three knock-backs in past couple of weeks.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is understood to have been rebuffed by his old club Chelsea in the last few days after enquiring about 18-year-old Italian starlet Fabio Borini.

Hammond told the Chronicle: "I think it is highly unlikely something will happen before the deadline.

"We have been asking questions about players but they weren't available and we're not bringing players in for the sake of it."

"Appear to have called off their chase following three knock-backs"??!!

Effing hell! :evil: How good it is to see a club with such determination, fight and persistence!

"We have been asking questions about players but they weren't available" - No doubt they weren't available for the peanuts that our skinflint chairman was prepared to pay!

Every player/club has its price it's just that Madejski doesn't want to pay.

So we will now try to make do with a striker who struggles to make two games in a week and two others struggling to get back to fitness and who aren't exactly setting the world on fire when they are fit! :evil:

As the Chairman is so set on displaying his ambition for lower league football why doesn't he just bugger off now - at worst it can only accelerate the decline that we are already in!

Wimb Can we start a 'Premiership Years Moaning' fund, for everytime someone mentions the fact we didn't spend in the PL etc etc. :roll:

It could never match the value that should be in the 'Spouts guff about PL ambition fund'!

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Would be disappointing.

Not like anyone else has signed a striker that would have been a realistic target though.

So the Arsenal youngster that Brentford have just signed on a three month deal (England U19) couldn't have added anything to our crocked and paper thin strike force?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Nov 2009 09:20

How me knock backs would be agreeable to you - how far down the list of players you want do you go down before you are just adding a body? May as well use an kid here than someone elses and Mooney could be back soon too with renewed confidence.

Yes Brentford have signed a 19 yo Arsenal kid but the fact that no CCC club moved for him at all when he was available may well give you a guide to what stage of his development he is at.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Nov 2009 10:05

RoyalBlue I really hope you are right but such is the current obsession for cutting the cloth and balancing the books that I fear Rodgers might be forced to do just that.

How does your obsession affect Rodgers' position?

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 26 Nov 2009 10:08

It's just a bit of a let down after things have been looking up last few weeks.

What's gonna happen in the summer when teams start bidding for our youngsters that have done well this season?

tlcs

by tlcs » 26 Nov 2009 10:16

Dont put this story to bed yet, as i spotted SJM Rolls Royce in the Fulham road last night at 9-45.

WAIT AND SEE

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 26 Nov 2009 10:17

RoyalBlue So the Arsenal youngster that Brentford have just signed on a three month deal (England U19) couldn't have added anything to our crocked and paper thin strike force?

Whilst i totally agree with the frustration of not bringing in a forward on loan, both Henry & HR-K have very recently been England U19 players...would the Arsenal lad really be the player we need?!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Nov 2009 10:57

Reading obviously identified 3 players they thought would fit but no one was willing to let them go.

And so, Rasiak is fit and seems to be scoring, Church and Long have only had minor injuries, and both are likely to at least make the squad taken to Derby, and Mooney's loan will soon be over.

Therefore we're not going to waste what little money Scrooge will let us have just to bring a player in for the sake of it.

Just like with Coppell, Clodagh will only move if the player is the right fit at the right time (and hope the chairman backs him).

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 26 Nov 2009 11:16

Stranded How me knock backs would be agreeable to you - how far down the list of players you want do you go down before you are just adding a body? May as well use an kid here than someone elses and Mooney could be back soon too with renewed confidence.

Yes Brentford have signed a 19 yo Arsenal kid but the fact that no CCC club moved for him at all when he was available may well give you a guide to what stage of his development he is at.

Well said, I think too many people live in the Football Manager world or see the odd Carling Cup game and assume the world is brimming with young players who can come in and hit the ground running at CCC level

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 26 Nov 2009 11:26

Andrei Voronin could be available :D