Ingimarsson rejects a new contract offer from Reading

144 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ingimarsson rejects a new contract offer from Reading

by Ian Royal » 26 Nov 2009 22:45

Sarah Star Does that mean we'll lose O'Dea and Ingimarsson in January? :(

Free to talk in January, contracted 'til the end of the season.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 26 Nov 2009 22:53

Focher
Whitlock>>>>Pearce

Royalee i know where you live

yes fckng christ, thats an insult to Whitlock.

Conroy >>>>Pearce

Cookie

by Cookie » 26 Nov 2009 22:59

Don't go Ingo

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Nov 2009 23:11

Like we are overloaded in the CB area. Defensively we are as weak as a 5 times used tea bag. Hopefully we will still be in the CCC at the end of the season and that we have someone decent lined up. I am not holding my breath.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 27 Nov 2009 00:01

Royalee The fact that he's rejected it would indicate that BR clearly doesn't rate him as highly as some on here...

No one on here is saying he is amazing (well maybe a few) but to say Pearce is better than him is an eye opener. They are both shit.

Time for mills and a new cb to take over

i would ship Ivar out in Jan

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 27 Nov 2009 00:01

Archie's penalty
DOYLERSAROYALER
NR_Royal

We HAVE to sign a RB, 1 or 2 CBs and a ST in January. We HAVE to.

To which Egoman will say "give youth a chance" - he's the new Grand Old Duke of York - hes taking his men back down again - no chance of any purchases

Are you THOU VOICE?

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 27 Nov 2009 00:07

Ian Royal
Sarah Star Does that mean we'll lose O'Dea and Ingimarsson in January? :(

Free to talk in January, contracted 'til the end of the season.

Sigh. This team building malarky is a constant juggling act... and you never know if you're going to have the right balls (with the right dna) available.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Nov 2009 00:32

SLAMMED DO YOU SEE? :shock:

NO! :shock:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 27 Nov 2009 00:53

Archie's penalty

You know it makes senseeeeeeeeee

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Nov 2009 00:56

SLAMMED
Archie's penalty

You know it makes senseeeeeeeeee

:wink:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Nov 2009 01:20

loyalroyal4life
Royalee The fact that he's rejected it would indicate that BR clearly doesn't rate him as highly as some on here...

No one on here is saying he is amazing (well maybe a few) but to say Pearce is better than him is an eye opener. They are both shit.

I'm not saying for one minute that Pearce is the finished article or a top class defender yet, but he's far more consistent than Ingimarsson, who is the one supposedly more experienced and less likely to make more mistakes. I feel far more confident with Pearce there and for his lack of pace he more than makes up for it in anticipation and good use of the ball. With the exception of the Newcastle game, you very rarely see him give the ball away or lose his man. Don't get me wrong, Ivar's been a great servant for the club, but he's had it, just like Gunnarsson and it's no coincidence that when the most 'senior players' played at QPR, we played the worst we have all season.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 27 Nov 2009 01:31

Royalee
loyalroyal4life

I'm not saying for one minute that Pearce is the finished article or a top class defender yet, but he's far more consistent than Ingimarsson, who is the one supposedly more experienced and less likely to make more mistakes. I feel far more confident with Pearce there and for his lack of pace he more than makes up for it in anticipation and good use of the ball. With the exception of the Newcastle game, you very rarely see him give the ball away or lose his man. Don't get me wrong, Ivar's been a great servant for the club, but he's had it, just like Gunnarsson and it's no coincidence that when the most 'senior players' played at QPR, we played the worst we have all season.

Have to totallly disagree... Pearce is a complete and utter liabilty...he is crap in the air, not very fast and has the positional sence and awareness of a cheesecake. Ivar may have had a couple of bad games this season but remember he was injured for a long period. Pearce hasn't had a couple of good games and has been at fault for more goals individually than any other player by a long way.

Ivar may not be the force of old but I would rate him above Pearce at the moment... infact I would rate both Mills and O'dea above Pearce too.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Nov 2009 01:38

londinium [ Have to totallly disagree... Pearce is a complete and utter liabilty...he is crap in the air, not very fast and has the positional sence and awareness of a cheesecake. Ivar may have had a couple of bad games this season but remember he was injured for a long period. Pearce hasn't had a couple of good games and has been at fault for more goals individually than any other player by a long way.

Ivar may not be the force of old but I would rate him above Pearce at the moment... infact I would rate both Mills and O'dea above Pearce too.

^^ This. But I think Pearce could improve.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Nov 2009 01:47

londinium Have to totallly disagree... Pearce is a complete and utter liabilty...he is crap in the air, not very fast and has the positional sence and awareness of a cheesecake. Ivar may have had a couple of bad games this season but remember he was injured for a long period. Pearce hasn't had a couple of good games and has been at fault for more goals individually than any other player by a long way.

I'm at a loss as to where Pearce has been 'crap in the air' or has has 'the positional sense and awareness of a cheesecake'...do you actually get to games?

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 27 Nov 2009 02:05

Royalee
londinium Have to totallly disagree... Pearce is a complete and utter liabilty...he is crap in the air, not very fast and has the positional sence and awareness of a cheesecake. Ivar may have had a couple of bad games this season but remember he was injured for a long period. Pearce hasn't had a couple of good games and has been at fault for more goals individually than any other player by a long way.

I'm at a loss as to where Pearce has been 'crap in the air' or has has 'the positional sense and awareness of a cheesecake'...do you actually get to games?

I have been to, or seen all of the games Pearce has played this season...and in my opinion, and I think you will find the majority of people's opion, he is dump. Yes he will improve, but at present he is not good enough.

Do you get to many games?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Nov 2009 02:07

I get to nearly all games...it's funny because people who don't post on here all think Pearce is a decent player.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Nov 2009 02:13

Royalee I get to nearly all games...it's funny because people who don't post on here all think Pearce is a decent player.

Fail.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 27 Nov 2009 07:26

Royalee I get to nearly all games...it's funny because people who don't post on here all think Pearce is a decent player.

What? You cant call on imaginary people to back up your arguments :lol:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Nov 2009 08:06

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion when BR has very little to do with contract negotiation. He will have been asked if he wanted to keep Ingi and has clearly said yes for Hammond to open talks with him.

The fact that he has him as club captain and picked him for every game that he has been available shows how highly BR rates him.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 27 Nov 2009 09:05

One of the best signings made in the 2000's.

Will be missed when he goes.

144 posts