DERBY (A) MATCH THREAD SPONSERED BY SHEEP SHAGGERS

197 posts
frimmers

Re: DERBY (A) MATCH THREAD SPONSERED BY SHEEP SHAGGERS

by frimmers » 28 Nov 2009 17:27

at least you are still in the f.a cup. fancy a third round tie at the rec?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 28 Nov 2009 17:28

When was the last time Derby actually won something? They have done very little yet still attract good crowds. Why can't we? Or rather, why don't we? We live in a period in our society where there is more disposable income than ever before.

nappa

by nappa » 28 Nov 2009 17:28

Sir Rodney Effing
nappa
Sir Rodney Effing all over.
back to normal after that silly win.

you pretty much sum up the majority of reading fans at the moment.....either support your team or oxf*rd off.....seriously derby can turn out 30,000

Ever heard of irony mate?

do u even know the definition of irony u twat?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 28 Nov 2009 17:29

It's like bronzy or silvery but made of iron.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Nov 2009 17:30

Ah the refined discussion of the football fan. :lol:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 28 Nov 2009 17:31

sandman
Archie's penalty One last post. People slagging off Long. Yes he was stupid to do what he did. Doesn't mean we should all turn on him.

We actually had more chances after he was sent off so I don't think it actually effected the result. HTH.

I'm afraid it's not as simple as that. He hasn't progressed since he came here. He got a reprieve with the change of manager but it hasn't made a difference.

What has Shane Long done this season? Under Coppell he had a brilliant attitude, applied himself hard and gave his best to the team even when it was normally off the bench. He trained well, worked very hard on the pitch and every now and again he showed flashes that he may one day be capable. However that's all he ever did. His attitude and work rate were all that kept him going, managing to cover up his lack of talent to an extent (although he never actually stepped up sufficiently to become a first team regular).

Now his only previous asset, his attitude, has gone. He's putting on weight, being lazy on the pitch and now losing his head. It's not unfair to say that he's probably now a worse player than the 17 year old we signed. End of the road I'm afraid.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:31

winchester_royal
FiNeRaIn
winchester_royal Not the end of the world. A shame, sounds like we could, maybe should, have won.

Meanwhile, major LOLz at those calling for Rodgers' head already.

LOL at you for lack of footballing knowledge. Claiming we " should have won" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: please

More possesion, more shots, more corners, 1-0 up........

You're right....how could I possibly have come to that conclusion? :roll:

Could have won. Yes.
Should have won. Yes.

Deserved to win/unlucky to lose? Didn't sound like it to me.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:31

More possesion, more shots, more corners, and 2 complete sitters missed in the last 5.

It wasn't that bad from us today guys, people need to realise that we aint gonna win every game, and we can't have this 'Rodgers out' crap everytime we do.

Grow up FFS.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Nov 2009 17:31

nappa do u even know the definition of irony u twat?

Oxf*rd off newbie... :roll:

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 28 Nov 2009 17:32

rhroyal
sandman
Archie's penalty One last post. People slagging off Long. Yes he was stupid to do what he did. Doesn't mean we should all turn on him.

We actually had more chances after he was sent off so I don't think it actually effected the result. HTH.

I'm afraid it's not as simple as that. He hasn't progressed since he came here. He got a reprieve with the change of manager but it hasn't made a difference.

What has Shane Long done this season? Under Coppell he had a brilliant attitude, applied himself hard and gave his best to the team even when it was normally off the bench. He trained well, worked very hard on the pitch and every now and again he showed flashes that he may one day be capable. However that's all he ever did. His attitude and work rate were all that kept him going, managing to cover up his lack of talent to an extent (although he never actually stepped up sufficiently to become a first team regular).

Now his only previous asset, his attitude, has gone. He's putting on weight, being lazy on the pitch and now losing his head. It's not unfair to say that he's probably now a worse player than the 17 year old we signed. End of the road I'm afraid.

I probably agree. Still no point in being nasty about him. I'm heading back to AE.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:32

nappa
Sir Rodney Effing
nappa
you pretty much sum up the majority of reading fans at the moment.....either support your team or oxf*rd off.....seriously derby can turn out 30,000

Ever heard of irony mate?

do u even know the definition of irony u twat?

www.dictionary.com Reading fans spouting about how shit their fans are from their bedrooms on an away match day

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 28 Nov 2009 17:33

winchester_royal More possesion, more shots, more corners, and 2 complete sitters missed in the last 5.

It wasn't that bad from us today guys, people need to realise that we aint gonna win every game, and we can't have this 'Rodgers out' crap everytime we do.

Grow up FFS.

Come to AE W_R it's cosier there.

nappa

by nappa » 28 Nov 2009 17:33

SLAMMED
nappa do u even know the definition of irony u twat?

Oxf*rd off newbie... :roll:

haha you fukn geek...newbie? wow, decent!

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:33

Royal With Cheese It's like bronzy or silvery but made of iron.

I'm glad you posted that. I was just about to... so it proves there are people out there that are just as unfunny as me! :oops:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:34

winchester_royal people need to realise that we aint gonna win every game

Some would be nice.

Last week's victory is meaningless if it's not followed up with something similar. A win-one-lose-one system isn't really the sort of base we should be building.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:34

Archie's penalty
winchester_royal More possesion, more shots, more corners, and 2 complete sitters missed in the last 5.

Grow up FFS.

Come to AE W_R it's cosier there.

Can't help it AP. Just knowing that the usual idiots are posting tripe unchecked.......

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:35

Row Z Royal

Some would be nice.

Last week's victory is meaningless if it's not followed up with something similar. A win-one-lose-one system isn't really the sort of base we should be building.

We'd got 7 from the last 3 games before today, I get your point, but this team isn't at the 5-win streak stage yet.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 28 Nov 2009 17:36

Agreed. Also, we have the potential to pick up six points from Palace and Scunny games with the right attitude. For what it is worth, i doubt that we shall miss Long but if we can continue to show the spirit of recent games, we shall give ourselves a chance.
By the way, would Gunnar be a possible up front? Mr Versatility could do a job there, I feel sure.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Nov 2009 17:37

rhroyal
sandman

Exactly last season the previous manager said that it was Long's last chance to make a significant impact and push for a regular starting place. He hasn't done this and like I said, but for the change of manager he may well have gone in the summer.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 28 Nov 2009 17:37

winchester_royal
Row Z Royal

Some would be nice.

We'd got 7 from the last 3 games before today, I get your point, but this team isn't at the 5-win streak stage yet.

But as we rapidly approach the half way stage in the season, 6 months into Rodgers' tenure, don't you think we should be? And unbeaten run is required!

197 posts