Is Scunthorpe's manager a bit mental?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Is Scunthorpe's manager a bit mental?

by Hoop Blah » 15 Dec 2009 15:03

Royalee
Terminal Boardom
Maguire
Can't believe McAnuff was getting slated on here for his performance. "

I can. First half he was anonymous and conspicuous only for his absence. Second half he was exceptional and could not be faulted. Pick the bones out of that suckers!

Do you watch the game? He nearly scored with a free kick, turned their defenders inside out many a time in the first and had 2 goalbound shots blocked. Yeah, pretty anonymous :roll:

I totally agree with you that he was still heavily involved in our good moments in the first half and he gave the right back a torrid time but what free kick are you on about?

The one on the BBC highlights? If so then you want to watch that again...it wasn't McAnuff it was Sigurdsson!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Dec 2009 15:08

Sorry yeah that was Sigurdsson, thought it was during the game but they reported it as McAnuff so I assumed I'd got it wrong. Was definitely him for the other two chances though and he was by no means quiet!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 15 Dec 2009 15:10

Maguire
Royalee Actually, it was just Ideal, wasn't it?

You'll understand how i'm reluctant to trawl through all the shit on here a second time to find out.

I defo recall reading people say he was gash in the first half though

By his standards this season, maybe. But still better than probably all of Kebe's performances except the one at Barnsley. Whatever else we might think of Brendan, McAnuff is turning out to be one hell of a smart purchase.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 Dec 2009 15:14

As is Rasiak really, despite him not being very good at anything apart from getting the ball in the back of the net from 6 yards!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Dec 2009 15:48

Royalee Jesus Christ.

Don't tell me - Bodgers tried to sign him too?

Not surprised. Bodgers needs a miracle if he still wants to be RFC's "manager" in the New Year.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Dec 2009 16:04

Royalee Sorry yeah that was Sigurdsson, thought it was during the game but they reported it as McAnuff so I assumed I'd got it wrong. Was definitely him for the other two chances though and he was by no means quiet!

I haven't seen the lowlights yet. Will give them a look tonight and if I am wrong then I will be happy to concede. His second half performance though was as good as I have seen from a Reading winger for quite some time. Didn't oxf*rd win though did we so it is all a bit pointless!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Dec 2009 18:37

Ideal
Royalee Actually, it was just Ideal, wasn't it?

No. I've not once mentioned McAnuff.
If you would in the future base your accusations on something remotely related to FACT it would be very benefitial.

Only if you base your rants on something remotely related to FACT or actual observations...watching any of our games over the Christmas period?

Cookie

by Cookie » 15 Dec 2009 18:41

Let's face it he's right, they could easily have nicked it.
Part of Sigurdsson's failure in front of goal was because they crowded in front of him in such numbers, not pretty but effective, and the wasteful effort from their sub as he ran past our defence has been talked to death elsewhere.

Yes it might very easily have been 1 - 2.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Dec 2009 18:48

Pearce and Ingi both look terrible on that goal.

Mills and O'Dea in for the next game methinks.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Dec 2009 19:04

Archie's penalty Pearce and Ingi both look terrible on that goal.

Mills and O'Dea in for the next game methinks.

Sorry, what more was Pearce supposed to do? Dive in like Sonko and give away a penalty or get the wrong side?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 15 Dec 2009 19:08

Not patter around like the clumsy oaf he is.

As I said watching that goal makes me want to change both of them.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Dec 2009 19:22

Nothing in the highlights to contradict what I said earlier. And it was The Sig with the free kick in the first half. Comic book defending for their goal and for the Forte chance. We could so easily have lost.

EDIT: Having read through the BBC text for the match (hardly scientific, I know), there are 4 occasions where McAnuff gets a mention in the first half. 4 mentions. Of these 4, 2 of which were for fouls that he committed. Now, if he had a brilliant first half, based on the BBC, I must have been comatosed at the time. FTR, there are 6 references to McAnuff in the second half all of which positive. HTH.