BR Leaves Club

507 posts
The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BR Leaves Club

by The Cap » 16 Dec 2009 21:10

Cpl Jones, as your username advises, "Don't panic".

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 16 Dec 2009 21:10

I personally want to wish Brendan luck & success in his next role.... I hope that whatever club he ends up at he has the full backing of his chairman and fans (something which he did not get with us)

I personally was feeling quite positive about the way things were going and was looking forward to us going and beating a team 4-0 / 5-0 cos it was going to happen sooner or later with all the chances we were creating.

John Madejski has stitched Brendan up a treat! Our chairman in the space of 2 seasons has turned this club from being a premiership club to a league 1 club!

PardewsLoveChild

by PardewsLoveChild » 16 Dec 2009 21:11

Coppell's mess, get it right.[/quote]

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty gutted to see Rodgers go,i've tried to support him but i know his made mistakes but given time i think he could have made a decent job of it.Mr Ego is the one who tried to do things on the cheap and appointed him so i really blame him for this mess,i just hope he dosn't go for the easy option again,if he does he will never learn.Expect Mr Ego to come out in the press and say that he's listened to the fans,wants to get us back in the prem,blah,blah,blah,and if you fall for it then more fool you.

Time for experience now,Fergie is not the answer(unless it's Alex !!!!) Time for Hart or Curbs me thinks...........

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 16 Dec 2009 21:11

Fluff Mark Mcghee to return?

I'd take Pards, to be fair. Ain't too proud to let bygones be bygones.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 16 Dec 2009 21:12

I really hope we don't go for Ferguson. We'd be replacing one unproven manager who can't hack it at this level with another unproven manager who can't hack it at this level.

We might as well have kept Rodgers.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 16 Dec 2009 21:14

Percy's Rocket
Victor Meldrew I am just amazed that people are amazed.
With a £2million player not getting a game,nor our strange right-back (a defender who doesn't know how to tackle) nor a loan player from Celtic AND 4th from bottom-the board was bound to ask questions.
Also why do people think Rasiak and McAnuff won't play for a new manager?
Good timing I think and would expect the next manager to have been on stand-by for some time and ready to take over after the weekend.

I agree..I bet they have been tapping Ferguson up for a few weeks..

By the way why are you not Victor Meldrum...much more apt

Good shout but I moan a lot on here so the choice is apt.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 16 Dec 2009 21:15

Brave, brave move by Sir John. Anyone who now moans about him putting his money where his mouth is is gonna find it pretty tough to be taken seriously.

Incidentally, Finerain, top posting all round.

No one should take too much pleasure from this, he meant well. But increasingly, he came across as a c0ck. Weird selections. Poor substitutions. A handful of good players (Jobi, Gylfi, Bertrand ands to some extent Rasiak) papered over the cracks of his tactital ineptitude. And don't underestimate the effects of the Tommy Smith saga and Dellor's interview.

O'Driscol a good shout.

If it has to be win ugly, a wise and experienced managers that knows how to rack up the points, let's win ugly and get out of this.

After QPR I lost confidence, hoped he could turn it around. Well, he couldn't.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 16 Dec 2009 21:16

PardewsLoveChild Mr Ego is the one who tried to do things on the cheap and appointed him so i really blame him for this mess,i just hope he dosn't go for the easy option again,if he does he will never learn.Expect Mr Ego to come out in the press and say that he's listened to the fans,wants to get us back in the prem,blah,blah,blah,and if you fall for it then more fool you.

This is the big worry, but i'm not going to think about it until it happens. In the meantime I will try and convince myself that we will get someone good - someone experienced and someone who can motivate players for a relegation battle.

For me unless Rodgers got it together in the next few games it was over anyway, because he'd still be going on about 'consistency' and having 'a great team' and talking everything up instead of motivating the players to come out and fight for this club's championship status.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 21:17

Royal_Belly I personally want to wish Brendan luck & success in his next role.... I hope that whatever club he ends up at he has the full backing of his chairman and fans (something which he did not get with us)

I personally was feeling quite positive about the way things were going and was looking forward to us going and beating a team 4-0 / 5-0 cos it was going to happen sooner or later with all the chances we were creating.

John Madejski has stitched Brendan up a treat! Our chairman in the space of 2 seasons has turned this club from being a premiership club to a league 1 club!

Funniest post I've seen in absolutely ages!

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Dec 2009 21:17

WHY WERE SOME POSTS DELETED FROM THIS THREAD!?

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 16 Dec 2009 21:19

Ian Royal
Royal_Belly I personally want to wish Brendan luck & success in his next role.... I hope that whatever club he ends up at he has the full backing of his chairman and fans (something which he did not get with us)

why is it so funny?? Seriously mate - you need to get out more!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Dec 2009 21:19

adamh4608
sometime think you dont know what your talking about i have repleyed to you many time you use coppell as a scape goat all rodgers has done is taken us backward get it right

Here's a novel idea, go and look at our form from February last season, look at who we've lost up front in the summer and the lack of financial backing we've had due to the money Coppell spent on wages last season and then tell me it's Rodgers' fault.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 16 Dec 2009 21:20

No Fixed Abode WHY WERE SOME POSTS DELETED FROM THIS THREAD!?

I was wondering if I'd gone mad (or if I'd just got confused with all the Rodgers has left threads)! :lol:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Dec 2009 21:20

Ian Royal

Been on the beer again William?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 21:24

Royalee
adamh4608
sometime think you dont know what your talking about i have repleyed to you many time you use coppell as a scape goat all rodgers has done is taken us backward get it right

Here's a novel idea, go and look at our form from February last season, look at who we've lost up front in the summer and the lack of financial backing we've had due to the money Coppell spent on wages last season and then tell me it's Rodgers' fault.

Do you mean the lack of financial backing we;ve had in paying £500k - £1m in compo to Watford for Rodgers, and the £3.5m we've committed to player fees under him?

And who was it who failed to bring in the right mix of players to make his tactics work or fill our blatantly obvious flaws, this summer? Let alone failed to pick a settled team until he reached the point that one more duff performance would have had him on his bike immediately. And ignored our problems upfront in the loan window when it was highly likely we'd be punished for it.

Coppell made mistakes, quite a lot in th elast couple of years. But he was a success at one point and his worst mistakes saw us finish 4th last season and be realistically looking at lower mid-table rebuilding this season.

Coppell took us from Play off Contenders, to the top flight and then (inevitably) took us back down to Championship also rans at worst.

Rodgers took us straight into a relegation fight and that's it.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 16 Dec 2009 21:27

Lawrie Sanchez ? LOL !

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 16 Dec 2009 21:27

A relegation fight that was pretty obvious we would be in during SJM press conference at the end of last season where he used the infamous phrase of "cutting the cloth" which is basically a fannys way of saying "i'm not going to invest in this football club next season"

You can't sell the quality of players we had and not re-invest in the team and expect to not be in a relegation fight!

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 16 Dec 2009 21:28

I actually take Royalee's point, but still agree with I_R.

If I was Madejski, I'd take the gamble and get rid as well. But who's fault it all was... that's another question.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Dec 2009 21:29

Royalee
adamh4608

Coppell identified the players he wanted Hammond negotiated the actual contracts. Terrible substitutions,Over complicated tactics, mouthing off about other clubs players and generally being a jumped up prat, all Brendan Rodgers.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 16 Dec 2009 21:30

Ian Royal
Royalee
adamh4608

Do you mean the lack of financial backing we;ve had in paying £500k - £1m in compo to Watford for Rodgers, and the £3.5m we've committed to player fees under him?

And who was it who failed to bring in the right mix of players to make his tactics work or fill our blatantly obvious flaws, this summer? Let alone failed to pick a settled team until he reached the point that one more duff performance would have had him on his bike immediately. And ignored our problems upfront in the loan window when it was highly likely we'd be punished for it.

Coppell made mistakes, quite a lot in th elast couple of years. But he was a success at one point and his worst mistakes saw us finish 4th last season and be realistically looking at lower mid-table rebuilding this season.

Coppell took us from Play off Contenders, to the top flight and then (inevitably) took us back down to Championship also rans at worst.

Rodgers took us straight into a relegation fight and that's it.

spot on

507 posts