BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

188 posts
Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 30 Oct 2009 18:01

yes because Sheff Utd are still doing bad after relegation, perhaps we need a thread about second season syndrome after relegation from the prem.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Oct 2009 18:09

winchester_royal
Compo's Hat Matt Holland's view in his football league blog.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/champi ... 36_1839916

Fails to mention that the manager is a bit clueless too. Has probably only seen us once when we were on the tele Monday night.

Wow, so Brendan's managed to fool Matty H as well as SJM, Frank Arneson, Jose Mourinho, SC, etc.....

But at least you've got him figured. :roll:

Wait until after the Ipswich game and then i'll announce to you all that i told you so.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Oct 2009 18:10

Compo's Hat
winchester_royal
Compo's Hat Matt Holland's view in his football league blog.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/champi ... 36_1839916

Fails to mention that the manager is a bit clueless too. Has probably only seen us once when we were on the tele Monday night.

Wow, so Brendan's managed to fool Matty H as well as SJM, Frank Arneson, Jose Mourinho, SC, etc.....

But at least you've got him figured. :roll:

Wait until after the Ipswich game and then i'll announce to you all that i told you so.

Even if he does get sacked...IT DOESN'T MEAN HE IS AN IDIOT.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 30 Oct 2009 18:13

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 30 Oct 2009 21:44

Royal Rother Same old guff and ignorance coming from the usual sources.

So just how committed is SJM to selling the club? He will only sell when it suits HIM as opposed to suiting the Football Club.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 30 Oct 2009 22:05

Terminal Boardom

So just how committed is SJM to selling the club? He will only sell when it suits HIM as opposed to suiting the Football Club.

If that was the case he would have sold it when it was in the Premiership and he could have got more money.

Oh and there would have to be a buyer as well. It isn't just a case of selling it. There has to be someone willing to buy it.

i'm surprised that your post showed such little common sense. ;)

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 31 Oct 2009 06:44

They have to be willing to pay the price for what is for sale, despite rumours we don't know what JM wants to sell at all, we had a clue that he originally wanted about £100m when we were in The Prem, and £80m is the figure mentioned now.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 31 Oct 2009 07:29

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Dec 2009 20:08

What an idiot this bloke is.

Couple of weeks ago fantastic team, great manager and now what? (His words)

Club website say's he's (Rodger's) left followed by a statement effectively saying nothing because they have gone home. :roll:

Madejski you are becoming a huge embarrassment to this football club and all you ever did worthwhile for RFC is becoming long forgotten as you plunder this club towards footballing obscurity.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Dec 2009 20:31

Tamworth_Royal What an idiot this bloke is.

Club website say's he's (Rodger's) left followed by a statement effectively saying nothing because they have gone home. :roll:

Madejski you are becoming a huge embarrassment to this football club and all you ever did worthwhile for RFC is becoming long forgotten as you plunder this club towards footballing obscurity.

LOLLY @ U

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 16 Dec 2009 21:05

Ian Royal
Tamworth_Royal What an idiot this bloke is.

LOLLY @ U

Ian, learn from your parents' mistakes – use a condom !

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Dec 2009 21:10

Tamworth_Royal I've said before it's pointless getting rid of Rodgers because no manager of any standing would come to us because of Madejski.

No budget ....... this is what you have to work with.......lump it.

Let Madejski fall on his sword..... then vent your anger at home to Rochdale next season, this is his policy on how a football club should be ran.

The Bloke invested in a white elephant of a Hotel instead of players all because he could have an Ivory tower suite to preside over his egocentric stadium named after him.

Madejski drop the clause in the sale of the club that ground remains in your name then perhaps just perhaps someone might buy and we will be rid of you.

Forget war funds in January we have a Chairman who hasn't funded that in the last two January windows when it was needed and it won't happen again.

Well said Tamworth but I suspect it will take the visually impaired disciples of Madejski at least a couple more management failings before they begin to wonder whether indeed he is the Messiah with the Midas touch when it comes to business, who only did it for the love of Reading FC, rather than any self-gratification and ego-massaging.

Wycombe Royal
Terminal Boardom

If that was the case he would have sold it when it was in the Premiership and he could have got more money.

Oh and there would have to be a buyer as well. It isn't just a case of selling it. There has to be someone willing to buy it.

i'm surprised that your post showed such little common sense. ;)

And I'm surprised that your post didn't show a little more understanding of what makes Madejski tick. I suspect he didn't sell then because he was far too busy lording it up with his famous friends on TV whilst the eternally grateful public of Reading hero-worshipped him. And even if that was the case, the sale would have only been at his price and on his terms, and I question how realistic both those would have been.

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 16 Dec 2009 21:56

Couldn't agree more Madejski has lost the plot.

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 16 Dec 2009 21:57

Needs to go. Ruining this club.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 16 Dec 2009 22:10

Completely disagree. I'm impressed he was decisive enough to make the decision to sack BR now while we have a chance to get some-one in, in time to assess the team before the January transfer window.

Mind you if we don't have a new manager in place before the end of Dec I'll be eating my words.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 16 Dec 2009 22:20

We need a permanent manager in place in time for the Swansea game. That way he can see the players on home turf and see them for what they are. January becomes a massive month for us as a football club.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 16 Dec 2009 22:25

Terminal Boardom We need a permanent manager in place in time for the Swansea game. That way he can see the players on home turf and see them for what they are. January becomes a massive month for us as a football club.

Indeed and at least any new manager can wheel and deal in January.......but what a bloody mess this all is.
Still we should expect this from our club. Apart from a couple of seasons Reading FC has tended to flatter and deceive.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 16 Dec 2009 22:30

RoyalBlue And I'm surprised that your post didn't show a little more understanding of what makes Madejski tick. I suspect he didn't sell then because he was far too busy lording it up with his famous friends on TV whilst the eternally grateful public of Reading hero-worshipped him. And even if that was the case, the sale would have only been at his price and on his terms, and I question how realistic both those would have been.

How on earth does anyone know about a clause in the contract requiring keeping his name on the stadium. How can anyone call building a hotel in a massive business park in the South East a bad idea – doesn’t the hotel make a profit anyway? You conveniently forget the training ground and other infrastructure.

In fact I can’t be bothered to continue. Some of the drivel on this board in recent weeks has been embarrassing for the species. How people can have a naïve view of finance, accountancy and football astounds me. Unless you are all 12 or something? SDR wrote something the other day on another thread that was nothing short of libelous.

Nobody wants to buy Reading FC. Our Chairman is not prepared to get the club in massive debt. He does not have huge amount of money to invest. Deal with it and grow up. I’m not even a massive fan of the guy, but even so try and live in the real world, not some tragic premier league tainted, football manager inspired hell that half of you are part of.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 16 Dec 2009 22:32

Yorkshire Royal
RoyalBlue And I'm surprised that your post didn't show a little more understanding of what makes Madejski tick. I suspect he didn't sell then because he was far too busy lording it up with his famous friends on TV whilst the eternally grateful public of Reading hero-worshipped him. And even if that was the case, the sale would have only been at his price and on his terms, and I question how realistic both those would have been.

How on earth does anyone know about a clause in the contract requiring keeping his name on the stadium. How can anyone call building a hotel in a massive business park in the South East a bad idea – doesn’t the hotel make a profit anyway? You conveniently forget the training ground and other infrastructure.

In fact I can’t be bothered to continue. Some of the drivel on this board in recent weeks has been embarrassing for the species. How people can have a naïve view of finance, accountancy and football astounds me. Unless you are all 12 or something? SDR wrote something the other day on another thread that was nothing short of libelous.

Nobody wants to buy Reading FC. Our Chairman is not prepared to get the club in massive debt. He does not have huge amount of money to invest. Deal with it and grow up. I’m not even a massive fan of the guy, but even so try and live in the real world, not some tragic premier league tainted, football manager inspired hell that half of you are part of.
Excellent post

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Dec 2009 22:35

He didn't sell it during the first season in the Premiership because that was what he had worked towards for nearly 15 years. In the second year he made it very clear that the club was available to someone who met his criteria (Ie very rich and in it for the interests of the football club and not just as a hobby).

And of course the sale would only be at his price and on his terms. Would you sell something you own to someone at the price they want and on their terms? How realistic they are is irrelevant, it's his choice.

188 posts