JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

514 posts
working class hero

Re: JOIN THE PROTEST - SACK THE BOARD

by working class hero » 26 Dec 2009 19:48

The posters criticising blue elm have queried whether he has 'an extra chromosome' and also described him as a 'mong'....

Such abuse demeans the poster - try to avoid vulgar discrimination guys...

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 27 Dec 2009 18:14

RoyalBlue
Ian Royal I'd much rather you just pissed off, you pathetic piece of degenerative genetic waste material.

And what the f*ck gives you (and the likes of Winchester Royal) the right to talk to other supporters like that?!

Just because they don't fall in adulation at Madejski's feet. Besides what makes you think your assessment of him and his yes men is correct?

If Madjeski isn't responsible for our awful decline as a club over the past couple of years, who the hell is? He and his disciples keep feeding us the line that RFC has to be run like any other real business - well in most other businesses the chairman and his board would be kicked out for allowing such a rapid decline if fortunes to occur.

Madejski was only too quick to lord it up when times were good, why the hell should he be immune from criticism now?

And someone please enlighten me as to how much money he has actually put into the club and hasn't and/or won't be taking out. I would wager it is nothing like as significant as was once made out when he was being portrayed as the saviour.

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Blue_Elm LET THEM HAVE A MISERABLE F*CKING CHRISTMAS LIKE ALL US LOYAL ROYALS ARE!!!!

The Brendan Rodgers interview showing the issues with Nigel Howe and the rest of the clueless twerps exactly explains everything. No Communication between people at the club, Madejski not really assed as his middle muppets were doing the work for him (and telling them to make changes), and everything else... it points to the board, not Lord Brendan...

The Board of this club are clueless, inexperienced and just in it for the wages. Get some fans on board and maybe??? then we'll have someone who really gives a t*ss what happens at this club.

Who'll appoint the next man??? The same men who appointed Rodgers, Burns and Bullivant. They struck gold with Pardew and Coppell, but they havent a flying f*cking clue

Lets get some banners made and protest at Swansea.

SACK THE BOARD, DO IT NOW :evil:

The board were successful with McGhee, Pardew and Coppell who were all legendary.

They were successful with Quinn/Gooding who did a good job.

I'm not sure Quinn and Gooding would agree that the board were successful and gave them the backing they felt that they needed to succeed during the time they were in charge. McGhee also had some pretty harsh words to say about Madejski's budgetary policies following his departure.

rhroyal Sack the board - what do we do next? Answer that well and then I'll listen to you.

I'd celebrate Madejski's departure, that's what I'd do next!

Rest assured there are other rich ego-men who would fancy having a football club as a rich man's fashion accessory for a while. It's just Madejski seems to want to have his sodding cake and eat it.

Ian Royal, Winchester Royal, Ideal etc. can continue to massage Madejski's ego by applauding him on demand but I shall be joining those shouting for him to go, just as I was when Rodgers was taking the flak for him.

Thank you Royal Blue... to be honest football is about opinions. Some want Madejski to stay and I accept those, others like myself dont... and get absolutely slaughtered for our opinions. To be honest I have steered clear of this forum for the past few days as I cant be bothered with some gormless comments I'd get from other users. Good to see there is some sane people here tho.

As you'll probably agree building a stadium, naming it after yourself then paying yourself back doesnt mean you have to absolutely respect the guy. Look at Rupert Lowe at Southampton and Reynolds at Darlington. They built stadiums, and the fans couldnt wait to get rid of them either.

Sometimes its better to hand a club into the fans hands, than some millionnaire who doesnt give two monkeys

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 27 Dec 2009 18:18

The goat owned in common dies of starvation.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 27 Dec 2009 18:54

working class hero The posters criticising blue elm have queried whether he has 'an extra chromosome' and also described him as a 'mong'....

Such abuse demeans the poster - try to avoid vulgar discrimination guys...

Calling him a mong is insulting to mongs.

Blue_Elm
Sometimes its better to hand a club into the fans hands, than some millionnaire who doesnt give two monkeys

Even if we agree £80 million is a ridiculous price, and say £20 million is more like it, are you proposing we find 20,000 fans happy to chip in £1000 each for an almost meaningless share in the club, or maybe 1000 richer fans with a spare £20,000 each?

Or perhaps you think if you hold up a "Madejski Out!" banner, he'll just give the club away?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 27 Dec 2009 18:56

Blue_Elm Some want Madejski to stay and I accept those, others like myself dont... and get absolutely slaughtered for our opinions. To be honest I have steered clear of this forum for the past few days as I cant be bothered with some gormless comments I'd get from other users. Good to see there is some sane people here tho.

The thing is, you're not only expressing an opinion, but calling for action too. So you can hardly be surprised if people who think the action would be a terrible idea respond negatively.

Blue_Elm

by Blue_Elm » 27 Dec 2009 20:25

That I guess Arch is a fair point

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 27 Dec 2009 21:17

It also doesn't help when the post calling for 'action' is riddled with errors.

To call the 'board' inexperienced and then list the managers they have appointed in the last 20 years is kind of self defeating. We have one of the longest serving chairmen in football and the rest of the board (all one of him ) has been there as long. Our Chief exec has also been around since the Elm Park days.

To suggest the 'board' is only there for the wages is odd, as I suspect neither of the board members are paid for their roles. I can;t really see what is wrong in others at the club being paid. They do what they do becasue that is how they earn a living. I assume you work in a vital role in the community as an act of charity ?

Clearly SJM decides on club policy. Clearly some of his decisions are not those many fans would have made. But he owns the club. I would love him to have stuck millions into players in the last 3 years, but he chose not to and as it would have been his money that was spent I'm not sure I have much room to criticise - I've not invested any money in the club and frankly if some fool started a ppointless effort to get the fans to try and buy the club there is no way I would thow away any cash on it.

AS fans we have every right to voice our opinions and criticisms but sometimes a touch of reality is needed to counter those on the wilder extremes of opinion who see RFC as one big conspiracy and those who run it as Satan's spawn.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 27 Dec 2009 21:56

Blue_Elm That I guess Arch is a fair point

I'm not one for hurling gratuitous insults but I have to say your avatar is tempting me sorely. Would you call him a "clueless tight ass" to his face I wonder?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 28 Dec 2009 01:03

Blue_Elm The Brendan Rodgers interview showing the issues with Nigel Howe and the rest of the clueless twerps exactly explains everything. No Communication between people at the club
Communication is a two way process, It only needs one of the parties to instigate it.

Fair enough, Howe didn't communicate with Rogers - Maybe he left the Director of Football to do that? However there's no reason why the manager counldn't have requested a chat with Howe, is there?

If my boss doesn't chat to me for a week I make an effort to chat to him. If I'm not meeting my objectives I want to know about them asap and not wait until the end of the year, So why didn't Brendan Rogers seek an audience?

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 28 Dec 2009 01:09

This thread is so LOLably LOLable, I'm basically pretty much dying.

Sack the board? LOLZORAMA.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 28 Dec 2009 01:11

did i miss the protest? drove past JM's place near pangbourne today and there was what looked like a phallus made out of two large balls of snow outside the front gates and a wheely bin.

Cookie

by Cookie » 28 Dec 2009 01:41

Lock the post

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Dec 2009 01:46

thread*

notloyalenuffroyal

by notloyalenuffroyal » 28 Dec 2009 08:51

Haven't read this thread 'til today as I have a life over Christmas!

But anyway - it gave me one of the biggest laughs in ages!

Man buys club

Man spends lots of own money on club to give it nice shiny new things!

Man makes club most successful it has ever been.

Nasty money people cock up the world's finances

Man wants money back again and so stops spending money on club

Underling men want Man out!????!!!!!?????

What Man do wrong???

I'll throw 20p in a bucket - no tell you what - I'll go for a quid! Find another 20 million to do the same then try and run it yourself - where will you get the money for new players???

Get over your pumped up self-important asses and realise running a business is not about throwing tons of money at it, putting it in millions of debt and then expecting someone to bail you out. I do not want to be in Portsmouth's / Southampton's or many many other's shoes.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Dec 2009 09:00

I hope you got an economics book for Christmas, our decline began long before the recession.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2009 09:06

Very good notloyalenuffroyal. You should post more.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2009 09:26

Question:

Putting the convenient justification of economic climate aside, might the bank deciding that they wanted their loan back have had more to do with the Chairman stating that he wanted out?

That is exactly what would happen in many businesses, which owed a bank a significant sum of money, if the top (wo)man suddenly stated that he/she was no longer really interested and wanted out.

Despite the ecomonic situation, I know for a fact that banks were/are still extremely keen to lend money to healthy, well run businesses with a strong management team in place. I work for one such business and the banks were happy to lend far more to it than RFC owed.

So might John Madejski have precipitated this whole problem himself?

As for Saint Madejski, it amazes me that some people still seem to believe that he did what he did for RFC purely out of the goodness of his heart! Yes, the club did (past tense) benefit significantly from his involvement but make no mistake, this was very much a mutualistic relationship. John Madejski got an awful lot back himself not least, as Mick Gooding pointed out on Saturday, through the way his profile rocketed. And anyone who does not realise that public profile is an extremely important driver in his life really is incredibly stupid.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 28 Dec 2009 10:01

Who gives a toss?

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 28 Dec 2009 11:35

RoyalBlue Question:

Putting the convenient justification of economic climate aside, might the bank deciding that they wanted their loan back have had more to do with the Chairman stating that he wanted out?

That is exactly what would happen in many businesses, which owed a bank a significant sum of money, if the top (wo)man suddenly stated that he/she was no longer really interested and wanted out.

Despite the economic situation, I know for a fact that banks were/are still extremely keen to lend money to healthy, well run businesses with a strong management team in place. I work for one such business and the banks were happy to lend far more to it than RFC owed.

So might John Madejski have precipitated this whole problem himself?

As for Saint Madejski, it amazes me that some people still seem to believe that he did what he did for RFC purely out of the goodness of his heart! Yes, the club did (past tense) benefit significantly from his involvement but make no mistake, this was very much a mutualistic relationship. John Madejski got an awful lot back himself not least, as Mick Gooding pointed out on Saturday, through the way his profile rocketed. And anyone who does not realise that public profile is an extremely important driver in his life really is incredibly stupid.

Nope - although, as you say, banks are still extremely keen to lend money to healthy, well run businesses with a strong management team in place, the risk level of the football sector overrides this.

Even more so, the risk profile of clubs a year after relagation from the PL is a horrendous one. All banks work on the basis that creditworthiness and ability to replay is based on assured income levels, of course - well, don't forget our assured income is about to go down by £11m p.a. as we get the last of our parachute payments. That's a substantial decrease in income, so no wonder the level of overdraft has gone down massively.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 28 Dec 2009 11:58

Royalee I hope you got an economics book for Christmas, our decline began long before the recession.

Pre 2005?????

514 posts