by Cookie » 28 Dec 2009 19:34

Oh what are we to do?
McDermott's lost the dressing room now. :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Where has that dressing room gone?

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2009 19:35

What makes you say that?

There's a pretty good chance he never had Bertrand, Rasiak or McAnuff at least, admittedly.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Dec 2009 19:37

Could that be cos some of the players who could turn round our season - Matejovsky, Kebe, Cisse - know they are to be sold off next month?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 28 Dec 2009 19:38

Ian Royal What makes you say that?

There's a pretty good chance he never had Bertrand, Rasiak or McAnuff at least, admittedly.

Which is why sacking BR was a very bad idea. McAnuff seems to have lost interest for one! I think we will more than likely be relegated now.

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 28 Dec 2009 19:40

The dressing room is 100%. 100%.

Not interested in this club.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 28 Dec 2009 19:43

M Brook Could that be cos some of the players who could turn round our season - Matejovsky, Kebe, Cisse - know they are to be sold off next month?

Such optimism is unwarranted.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Dec 2009 20:07

andrew1957

Which is why sacking BR was a very bad idea. McAnuff seems to have lost interest for one! I think we will more than likely be relegated now.

But surely our wonderful Director of Football would have pointed that out, having been actively involved in signing both McAnuff and Rasiak and therefore clearly understanding their desire to play for Rodgers?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Dec 2009 20:39

RoyalBlue
andrew1957

But surely our wonderful Director of Football would have pointed that out, having been actively involved in signing both McAnuff and Rasiak and therefore clearly understanding their desire to play for Rodgers?

Would that be the DoF who has no say in managerial sackings?

I agree Andrew, that potential was one of the few reasons that made the sacking a possible mistake IMO.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:08

Did I not predict that this would happen the day the decision was made to sack Rodgers?

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 29 Dec 2009 00:09

M Brook Could that be cos some of the players who could turn round our season - Matejovsky, Kebe, Cisse - know they are to be sold off next month?

That wouldn't surprise me.

JR

Reading on the edge

by JR » 29 Dec 2009 00:15

Ive been saying this since it happened, but the moment the board sacked rodgers they turned the club from a guaranteed mid/lower table safe finish to relegation candidates.

The last two games have shown we are in real danger. This was not the case under br as we were making big improvements and were entertaining to watch.

I know for a fact that he had the dressing room and by sacking their man (just look at the contrast in jobis performances since the sacking) the players have been lost.

I am ashamed to be associated by a board who have treated br disgracefully and at the same time put the future of the club in grave danger!

They must act now and get the right man in. In my eyes they must admit their mistake and bring rodgers back. That will never happen, but they need to find an impact man and find him soon.

JR

Re: Reading on the edge

by JR » 29 Dec 2009 00:31

Its a sad indictment of reading and our fans that i appear to be in the minority in my views

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Dec 2009 00:33

JR Its a sad indictment of reading and our fans that i appear to be in the minority in my views

you are not in the minority

but the majority are watching footy on the telly right now

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:35

JR Ive been saying this since it happened, but the moment the board sacked rodgers they turned the club from a guaranteed mid/lower table safe finish to relegation candidates.

The last two games have shown we are in real danger. This was not the case under br as we were making big improvements and were entertaining to watch.

I know for a fact that he had the dressing room and by sacking their man (just look at the contrast in jobis performances since the sacking) the players have been lost.

I am ashamed to be associated by a board who have treated br disgracefully and at the same time put the future of the club in grave danger!

They must act now and get the right man in. In my eyes they must admit their mistake and bring rodgers back. That will never happen, but they need to find an impact man and find him soon.

I would read your whole post, but you've clearly set your stall at delusional if you thought Rodgers would see us in a guaranteed mid-table position given his apalling handling of our season's first 21 games.

We've been relegation candidates for a damn site longer than two weeks.

Wongle

by Wongle » 29 Dec 2009 00:39

Finally a sensible post! I concur with everything you said. Nigel Howe has made a grave mistake in manufacturing BR's early exit!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2009 00:48

JR Ive been saying this since it happened, but the moment the board sacked rodgers they turned the club from a guaranteed mid/lower table safe finish to relegation candidates.

say no more. You know absolutely f*ck all.

JR

by JR » 29 Dec 2009 01:42

leon

say no more. You know absolutely f*ck all.

replace the word guaranteed with almost definite. Some of us have been around football a lot longer than you and know a good thing when we see it.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 29 Dec 2009 10:21

Well if it is believed what our magnificent Director of Football said yesterday several will be out of the door in January, I dont see Mcdermott having the loyal backing of the team, we have ditched a manager that we would have been safe with and put a scout in charge....................that says it all really !! Its the egoman/hamster master plan to get us out of this division!!!.......................and what a pair of pricks they are proving to be. (Sorry madejski lovers)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Dec 2009 11:05

Royalee Did I not predict that this would happen the day the decision was made to sack Rodgers?

To be honest, it was pretty much happening already.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 29 Dec 2009 12:00

howser we have ditched a manager that we would have been safe with and put a scout in charge....................that says it all really !!
Pardew was a scout wasn't he, then reserve team manager, then released and sort of scouted.... I think the club are trying to repeat their previous good fortune. Don't be surprised if this continues and we sign a job lot of young Irish players from the streets of Cork (we can't afford any of those actually on the books of Cork City) and a few Brentford rejects. Maybe a left back from Leyton Orient reserves and some youngsters spotted kicking a ball around near Arsenals training ground. Also a new slogan and some input from STAR in the form of something inflatable and a songsheet. Also, the next manager will be Scouse and bald but not Steve Coppell.