leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Post-match protests and Facebook groups, etc

by leon » 29 Dec 2009 01:07

Royalee
leon
Ian Royal LOLLY.

I think Lee's lost the plot completely.

It's Stalin era revisionism at it's finest.

"We were going to gloriously win the league but then Rodgers was sacked"

No, but we were at least building from the rubble as opposed to the shower of shit I encountered today. Today was a lot worse than QPR, and that's really saying something. We were at least winning games before Rodgers was sacked and created chances - we created next to bugger all today and played hoofball.

"Building from the rubble" what a joke, and you know it. We were going nowhere fast look at the points to games ratio over his tenure in charge. We need a manager who know's what to do. Not someone with big ideas and a big mouth all backed up by 6 months experience - but someone who can organise a (consistent) team to stop conceding goals, get some home wins and get some confidence back. Then we might be ok.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 29 Dec 2009 01:09

LOL at Reading Post's Jonny Fordham being in that group.

Dirk > Fordham

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2009 01:10

Compo's Hat LOL at Reading Post's Jonny Fordham being in that group.

Dirk > Fordham

Like any half-decent journo he's joined so he can see the details of what's meant to be happening and report on it.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:12

Fordham is the biggest waste of space journalsim has ever known.

I'm still LOL'ing at Rodgers getting sacked 5 hours after Fordham said there was no way he'd get sacked. Tit.

BRING BACK NICK IVE.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:13

winchester_royal Fordham is the biggest waste of space journalsim has ever known.

I'm still LOL'ing at Rodgers getting sacked 5 hours after Fordham said there was no way he'd get sacked. Tit.

BRING BACK NICK IVE.

And yet you believe him when he says Thorvaldsson can't play against Liverpool with no undertsnading why...?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2009 01:14

Dirk Gently

Dirk > Fordham

Like any half-decent journo he's joined so he can see the details of what's meant to be happening and report on it.
no

and unlike any half-decent journo he's used his real name...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:15

Ian Royal
winchester_royal Fordham is the biggest waste of space journalsim has ever known.

BRING BACK NICK IVE.

And yet you believe him when he says Thorvaldsson can't play against Liverpool with no undertsnading why...?

I've read other articles about January signings who can't play until the 5th or whatever it is.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2009 01:18

Ian Royal

BRING BACK NICK IVE.

The FA's regulations say :
A "registered player" is one who is either, in the case of a player under written contract, registered with The Association or, in the case of a player without a written contract, registered with a League in which his Club competes in the current season. Any such registration must have been received and accepted by The Association or League by 12 noon on the Friday previous to the date fixed for playing the Round, and the registration must be continuous through to the date of the match.

So he'd have to be registered on the morning of a bank holiday. It ain't gonna happen!

PurpleTurtle

by PurpleTurtle » 29 Dec 2009 01:26

leon
Dirk Gently

Dirk > Fordham

no

and unlike any half-decent journo he's used his real name...

^^^^^^ 'Greed. Did LOL when I saw his name on there, will this mean he will be cast out of Evening Scrote Towers to cover Tilehurst Bar Billiards or summat?

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Dec 2009 01:37

14 idiots.

Lol. Get rid of the manager who has six months experience and that means get rid of the board. Good call. :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:42

It's all a tad sad really.....

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Dec 2009 01:43

We agree Mr W_R.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:44

We had to at some point A P.

I'd like to think most RFC fans are in agreement on this one though.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 29 Dec 2009 01:47

Reading 4 Liverpool 1. You heard it here first! :wink:

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 29 Dec 2009 08:11

Dirk Gently Anyone thinking these are likely to be a good idea clearly knows nothing about SJM, his attitudes or the way he operates.

As a "self-made" millionaire, and holder of 99%+ of RFC shares, he will not be told what to do - in fact, what he regards as a bunch of raggy-arsed fans protesting at him is likely to make him dig his heels in and do exactly the opposite to what you want.

Just thought you ought to know - before you try and influence something or someone, you need to understand it/them first.

So what you're saying is that we should just smack him in the face with a shovel and be done with it?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 29 Dec 2009 08:21

I found my old pants in the wardrobe.....

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 29 Dec 2009 08:37

JM has done brilliant things for Reading but the approach this year is so very very wrong.

JM has forced the club into revolution and then appears to have changed his mind as we did not get the results expected for a club in evolution.

Having forced the club into revolution he appointed a manager with no real experience when a club being put in that position desperately needed an experienced hand at the helm.

He then sacks the young inexperienced manager at a point in the season when things were beginning to settle down which makes no bloody sense whatsoever as the replacement team are just as inexperienced and have even less to work with.

Add to that the fact he keeps saying we have the biggest squad in the division (yes and take away the kids who have barely played and what do you have left?) and seems to think that our squad is good enough for promotion, which it plainly isn't as there is no real experience and what's left wasn't good enough last season either.

Yes this year was always going to be much tighter financially but to force all the cuts through at the same time was utterly ridiculous. And sacrificing our one and only right back about sums the complete mess this club is in.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Dec 2009 09:16

I've always felt the best way to deal with someone who is dragging you down is to kick them as hard as you can firmly in the balls!

In the past a certain individual has always appeared to have gone out of his way to seek praise and adulation. He seems to want his name connected with positive achievements and publicity. I suspect he needs to be 'loved' and lauded.

Well protests etc. can all work against those things.

The other vulnerability appears to be the wallet so hit him hard there too.

The alternative is to just sit back and let him play with 'his ball' until he has completely destroyed everything achieved over the past decade and eventually falls off his perch? No thank you.

What sticks in my throat most is that even this season he was still feeding the 'dumb peasants' that ridiculous 'Premier League ambition' line.

MADEJSKI OUT!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 29 Dec 2009 09:44

Dirk Gently
Compo's Hat
RG30 Slightly assuring to know his sidekick Ian Wood-Smith was sat in the away end today. There was a lot of disgruntled fans at full time and providing he was still there come the full time whistle, I would imagine JM will just be made fully aware of the booing and chanting.

He was there until the final whistle, he got evil looks from me!

It's up to Madejski now if he wants us to stay up, we'll be in the bottom three next month with the fixtures upcoming. I think i saw him in the directors area today and he'll hopefully realise something needs to be done, today was PATHETIC!

They are certainly aware of the feelings from the supporters, be in no doubt about that.

If that is the case, then one of the directors or Mr Madejski himself would do well to speak to the fans through some form of media then and explain what they are hoping to do to rectify the situation, otherwise fans might just start to think that Mr M and the board couldn't give a flying one about the fans and "their" team.

I didn't go to the Plymouth game, so I can't comment on specifics, but it is fairly obvious that if you're getting trounced 4-1 by a team in the bottom 3 who couldn't score previous to that game for 10 hours*, then we have a big problem.

* own goals obviously don't count.

southstand67

by southstand67 » 29 Dec 2009 09:46

Will a Facebook protest affect somebody that probably doesn't even know what it is?