Brendan's moaning again!

169 posts
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Brendan's moaning again!

by winchester_royal » 08 Jan 2010 18:27

The whole year inn Brendan Rodgers is an idiot and God help the next club that appoints him

:roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 18:29

Elm Park Old Boy
Royalee
Southbank Old Boy Personally I think it was more than a few goons Royalee

I would say that I think the majority were doing as a thanks for all the good times he gave us over the last few years, thats certainly the verdict from the area I sit where most sang then as they sat back down said to each other that he shouldnt come back now though

Many sang his name to begin with, but then some followed it up by singing 'we want our Coppell back', which was what I was referring to - far less were doing that than singing his name originally just because he was there.

Did Coppell steal your dummy at an early age or something? Just interested - your resentment seems personal.

No, I just don't share others' love affair with him.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 08 Jan 2010 18:30

Perhaps a League 1 or 2 team could give him another chance.
Might be a bit of a wait for BR.

In regards to Coppell, the RFC history books written by people who do have vast knowledge of all things RFC will be very kind to him.

Baines
Hob Nob Regular

by Baines » 08 Jan 2010 18:40

The Sun article/interview is pretty fair. It was obvious that Rodgers's appointment and the departure of numerous players would necessitate a rebuilding of the club, the results of which would not be apparent for at least a season and probably a bit longer.

Such a rebuilding is obviously risky. Nothing that happened since the appointment in terms of points gained or performance levels would have been outside the range of likely outcomes at this stage of the season after the decision was made to appoint Rodgers and rebuild the team. It was therefore utterly stupid to force him out and the tosh that Rodgers often came out with doesn't alter that.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 08 Jan 2010 18:41

This guy has not learnt to keep his mouth shut? Just be quiet you idiot!

If he had done during the Tommy Smith saga, he would probably still be in a job

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 08 Jan 2010 18:42

winchester_royal
The whole year inn Brendan Rodgers is an idiot and God help the next club that appoints him

Let's see where he ends up and does shall we?

Watford have flourished under his absence (despite selling the spine of their team)

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Jan 2010 18:45

The whole year inn
winchester_royal

Let's see where he ends up and does shall we?

Watford have flourished under his absence (despite selling the spine of their team)

They've been showing the same form as they were in the back end of last season under Rodgers.

Not saying that he's God's gift to management, just that calling him an idiot is childish, pathetic, and blatantly rubbish.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 08 Jan 2010 18:50

I can't see what all the fuss is about! Brendan was interviewed by a journalist.........the clue was in the heading 'The Friday interview'! He was asked questions and he gave answers, hence the word interview. :roll:
I for one would rather have him than McDermott. The team needed to be rebuilt and he wasn't given enough time.
Last edited by peterroyal76 on 08 Jan 2010 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 08 Jan 2010 18:51

Doing his best to make the team lose momentum after a decent win up at Sheff Wed

Look at his Palace line up (AT HOME)

drops our fit star performer for a 4-5-1, we get raped.

He is an idiot

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 08 Jan 2010 19:43

Biggest LOL of that article is to see him mention Bertrand's name alongside the likes of Welbeck and the kid from Villa DeFounso or whatever his name is :lol:

Also very pleased to see the big watch back on show 8)

I said it at the time and still say it now , very odd time to sack Rodgers. If they were gonna do it, after Leicester at home / QPR away would've been much much much more reasonable. Still, thank you Brendan for giving Gylfi Sigurdsson a run in the team and helping bring his full potential out.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 19:45

Big Foot Biggest LOL of that article is to see him mention Bertrand's name alongside the likes of Welbeck and the kid from Villa DeFounso or whatever his name is :lol:

Why? He belongs to a top Premiership club and has representing England at Under 21 level.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 08 Jan 2010 19:54

Lita played for the U21 and cumming came from Chelsea, makes no difference.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Jan 2010 19:59

Have to say he makes some good comments and if people looked further than the end of their own ignorant nose they'd see that. Reading are now a poorly run club. We used to be well run and were able to give our managers stability and funding, rodgers had neither. He had a poor squad which had been asset stripped by the chairman so it was no suprise we were in trouble. That said - he made errors himself and some of the tactical and team selections were poor. There was no point in sacking him to replace him with a non-entity step in manager like Mcdermott, whose never had any experience. Yet another clueless decision by the poorly run club. If you are going to sack a manager, make sure you replace with someone with strong credentials who is going to be able to steady the ship and push on.

Aside from our own little club, british football is crap as a whole and rodgers hits the nail on the head about young players and foreigners. What is there to love about this ruthless mercenary sport anymore? All those sackings he mentioned are ridiculous too, don't agree with one of those.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 08 Jan 2010 20:17

A lot is being said about dropping Gylfi for the Palace game but this was a kid that was really fading in games leading up to it and then we had 3 games in 7 days

He rested him against Palace to get him fresh for the Scunny game. I can understand that

stressed as usual

by stressed as usual » 08 Jan 2010 20:54

FiNeRaIn Have to say he makes some good comments and if people looked further than the end of their own ignorant nose they'd see that. Reading are now a poorly run club. We used to be well run and were able to give our managers stability and funding, rodgers had neither. He had a poor squad which had been asset stripped by the chairman so it was no suprise we were in trouble. That said - he made errors himself and some of the tactical and team selections were poor. There was no point in sacking him to replace him with a non-entity step in manager like Mcdermott, whose never had any experience. Yet another clueless decision by the poorly run club. If you are going to sack a manager, make sure you replace with someone with strong credentials who is going to be able to steady the ship and push on.

Aside from our own little club, british football is crap as a whole and rodgers hits the nail on the head about young players and foreigners. What is there to love about this ruthless mercenary sport anymore? All those sackings he mentioned are ridiculous too, don't agree with one of those.

Somebody who understands football, whatever next

The Quiet Man

by The Quiet Man » 08 Jan 2010 21:46

One home win in eleven attempts and visits to the bottom three are perfectly good reasons for him go and plenty of time to realise we had the new Tommy Burns - the later version of Burns with endless passing and no real end product. You only get time in football if you show forward progress and I still think that the Palace and Scunthorpe games coupled with an appeal for funds for yet more players were the final nail. Mcdermott appears to have been told that the money is spent for this season and that loans are the way forward and I think we will be extremely fortunate to avoid relegation and should that occur then BR can real claim the credit for a comprehensive screw up in players acquired, team building, tactics and media relations. You should have built a spine of the side and instead you tinkered and wasted funds on players you then wouldn't play - sorry in your own words you lacked a wee bit of quality and if I were you I'd shut the f*ck up and hope that you can con some other chairman with your bull and badges approach otherwise you could try waterboy it was what you were good at for Chelsea.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 08 Jan 2010 22:25

I didn't read the article but surely he's just raising his profile in expectation.

Nobby

by Nobby » 08 Jan 2010 22:34

Funny how people change their minds with the wind.

When Rodgers went to Chelsea people said what a loss he was.

Now all the fuggin know-alls are spewing hatred.

Even Coppell would have had little success if the first team were sold off and he had only the reserves.

If Rodgers goes to a League Two club where he might get given a chance he will probaby succeed.

As he still lives in Tilehurst I hope he reminds a few of the gob shites when he sees them.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 08 Jan 2010 22:37

Lots of sacked managers this season are already finding work, is BR having a break?

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 08 Jan 2010 23:05

Nobby
If Rodgers goes to a League Two club where he might get given a chance he will probaby succeed.

Do you think his ego will let him work in League 2?

169 posts