Madejski Out??

143 posts

Madejski out now?

Yes - Sell at whatever cost and pack your bags
60%
No - Bide your time and find a price that suits you.
40%

Total votes: 143
I was there at Elm Park

Re: Madejski Out??

by I was there at Elm Park » 26 Jan 2010 22:00

If people want to protest against someone then can I suggest Nigel Howe.

If Madejski gets personally abused then the worst case scenario is that he leaves and we end up in administration.

If Howe gets abused, he might leave which would mean a new CoE who might have new connections who might find a new buyer and Madejski would see how unhappy we are.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 26 Jan 2010 22:05

I was there at Elm Park If people want to protest against someone then can I suggest Nigel Howe.

If Madejski gets personally abused then the worst case scenario is that he leaves and we end up in administration.

If Howe gets abused, he might leave which would mean a new CoE who might have new connections who might find a new buyer and Madejski would see how unhappy we are.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jan 2010 22:09

I was there at Elm Park If people want to protest against someone then can I suggest Nigel Howe.

So what? Even if that happens, the vast majority of clubs have proved it is by no means fatal and many have come back stronger.

Far better that than death by a thousand cuts and having to put up with looking at that that Egotistical Smug Arse in the process.

It will come as no surprise that my main abuse will be reserved for Madejski but No Idea Howe won't be feeling left out.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 26 Jan 2010 22:11

howser There has been a global recession over the past year that doesn't explain why with a full stadium every home match + two years of Premiership money, the owner has seen fit not to invest in the football sde of the club ?? after 8th in the first Prem years we should have developed and invested in the next season in an attempt to maintain our status but he didnt want to.

Funds were made available while we were in the Prem and Coppell chose not to spend. If his manager told him he didn't need the money what was JM supposed to do?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jan 2010 22:43

Pseud O'Nym
howser There has been a global recession over the past year that doesn't explain why with a full stadium every home match + two years of Premiership money, the owner has seen fit not to invest in the football sde of the club ?? after 8th in the first Prem years we should have developed and invested in the next season in an attempt to maintain our status but he didnt want to.

Funds were made available while we were in the Prem and Coppell chose not to spend. If his manager told him he didn't need the money what was JM supposed to do?

Who told us that funds were available? Let me think, someone connected to Madejski who, of course always tells us the absolute truth!

Funds may have been available but were the wages? And even if they were, were they adequate enough to sign any players better than we already had? I suspect not!

What Madejski should have done is made proper funds and wages available to allow Coppell to add players of a higher quality to the squad.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 26 Jan 2010 22:49

RoyalBlue Who told us that funds were available? Let me think, someone connected to Madejski who, of course always tells us the absolute truth!

Coppell did,and yes Madjeski too. Are you calling them both liars?

Funds may have been available but were the wages? And even if they were, were they adequate enough to sign any players better than we already had? I suspect not!

You've no more idea than I have what wages were on offer, but I see no reason to think they would have been out of line with what other squad members were happy to accept.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 26 Jan 2010 22:52

Pseud O'Nym
RoyalBlue Who told us that funds were available? Let me think, someone connected to Madejski who, of course always tells us the absolute truth!{/quote]

Coppell did,and yes Madjeski too. Are you calling them both liars?

You've no more idea than I have what wages were on offer, but I see no reason to think they would have been out of line with what other squad members were happy to accept.

You miss the point, they said funds were available but not how much. We know how Madejski likes to try and get away with peanuts. As for Madejski's words - you know where I stand on them.

As for the level of wages, you still haven't heard and seen enough of our Chairman to doubt that?! There's every reason they would have been, the tight arse was trying to save money. Listen carefully to some of the things that Gooding says about his and Quinn's time under Madejski to see where the problem really lies.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 26 Jan 2010 22:56

RoyalBlue Listen carefully to some of the things that Gooding says about his and Quinn's time under Madejski to see where the problem really lies.

Ah right because because things were the same in 1995 weren't they :lol: :lol:

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 26 Jan 2010 22:58

I am trying to get my head around this thread, exactly how do you get the OWNER OUT clues in there , "owner"

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 26 Jan 2010 23:09

RoyalBlue Listen carefully to some of the things that Gooding says about his and Quinn's time under Madejski to see where the problem really lies.

I don't notice the other ex managers queueing up to slag him off. Remind me of Gooding's subsequent managerial career?

working class hero

by working class hero » 26 Jan 2010 23:13

So if it was not spent it ought to still be available...?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jan 2010 08:23

working class hero

Yep, I can't get my mind around that vanishing trick either. But then Madejski's fans probably thing everything Derren Brown does is for real too!

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jan 2010 10:02

Pseud O'Nym

I don't notice the other ex managers queueing up to slag him off. Remind me of Gooding's subsequent managerial career?

That's as maybe but had JQ and MG been given the money that TB1 was given, we would have signed Clive Mendonca instead of Carl Asaba.

Comfortably Numb

by Comfortably Numb » 27 Jan 2010 10:17

your knackers john :arrow:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 27 Jan 2010 11:39

Pseud O'Nym

Then either your memory is failing with old age or you are too young to remember some of the things McGhee said following his departure then.

Also, you are clearly unfamiliar with an legal arrangement called a 'Compromise Agreement'. These are quite often entered into by companies and employees when an employee is dismissed in potential breach of their contract. More often than not, the agreement will buy the future silence of one or both parties and will prohibit one saying anything detrimental about the other.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Jan 2010 12:56

SJM in negotiation with potential owners shock

madmickb

by madmickb » 27 Jan 2010 16:13

Pseud O'Nym

The problem is you get into the top flight then all the players want huge wage rises so then you are left with very little to purchase good players.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 27 Jan 2010 17:41

M Brook
Fezza Did the global recession pass you by?

Seems to have passed by most other Champ clubs!

Like Palace you mean ?

And how many others that we don't know about that are "on the brink" of meltdown ?

I would hazard a guess that most clubs right now are flying by the seat of their pants financially !

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2010 18:23

RoyalBlue
working class hero

Yep, I can't get my mind around that vanishing trick either. But then Madejski's fans probably thing everything Derren Brown does is for real too!

There were no funds.

Not for transfers AND wages.

We've done this to death.

Proven right by what Rodgers was given (despite him having far more to play with after more player sales).

Let's not embarrass ourselves as Reading fans anymore by hanging on to this utterly stupid myth.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Jan 2010 18:28

Madejski definitely out as far as I'm concerned.

And teh quicker the better.

He got into the Prem, not for our sakes, but so he could sell.

He tried to sell and failed.

He then sucked as much money out of the club as possible bleeding us dry and destroying the club as we are witnessing now.

He is first and foremost a greedy businessman, and an egotistical one at that.

Those of you still worshipping the greedy one for saving the club are living in the past.

Despite being the largest town in the UK with a HUGE catchment area and growing quickly with affluent inhabitants and a healthy appetite for watching football we're facing 3rd tier football with a team of youth, has-beens, loanees and an apprentice manager. What we do have though is a nice stadium, or rather, an Ego-dome.

F**k off Madejski. And thanks for nothing.

143 posts