Reading FC on U.S. TV: check here for updates

630 posts
PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: L'pool (A) WED 13 JAN --Setanta live

by PremAddict » 06 Jan 2010 23:27

seahawk10
PEARCEY RC Is there much less interest stateside now that we are a struggling Championship club? Just curious and I don't want to hi-jack this thread.

Proud nutcase checking in. Whenever I tell anyone from the UK that Reading FC is my club I get the requisite, 'Why Reading?!!', which I am always happy to explain.

A lot of our company is based in the UK (most from London). Most follow rugby or cricket so they just give me a blank stare when I talk about RFC.

Oh, and count me in on any pics/vids. I am not as prolific on this board but own my share of RFC paraphenalia and follow the club avidly (even though Marcus and Bobby are now gone).

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 12 Jan 2010 16:08

Just a bump now we've turned a page; replay away to Liverpool still set to screen live on Setanta US from 2:45 PM Eastern on Wednesday, with some changes made to the schedule of repeat screenings...

Setanta US are set to screen the FA Cup Third Round Replay away to Liverpool live from 2:45 PM Eastern U.S. time on Wednesday 13th January

A same-day repeat screening is on Setanta's schedule for 6:45 PM Eastern on the Wednesday, with another to follow from 10:15 PM

Additional repeat screenings are scheduled for 6:00 AM and 1:00 PM on Thursday the 14th; from 3:15 AM and 11:15 AM on Friday the 15th; and one more from 5:00 AM on Saturday the 16th (times Eastern and all on Setanta)

Also to remind again that farther afield, the league match away to Donny Rovers has been moved for TV and, in all likelihood, will screen live in the States on Setanta from 12:20 PM Eastern on Saturday 6th February; confirmation to follow when it can be done

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 13 Jan 2010 19:31

Thanks for the responses guys. Great you support the club. Enjoy tonights game(hopefully)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: L'pool (A) --Repeats on Setanta US

by RoyalChicagoFC » 14 Jan 2010 13:37

It's a global thang, PEARCEY --always pleased to bring some distant perspective

So then, with uncharacteristic timeliness, Setanta US have posted revised listings for repeat screenings of the FA Cup Third Round Replay away to Liverpool (all times Eastern U.S.):

--The repeat screening scheduled for 1:00 PM today, Thursday the 14th, has been canceled (owing, one presumes, to the playing of extra time and Setanta's desire to screen the match in full)
--On Friday the 15th, repeat screenings remain scheduled for 3:15 AM and 11:15 AM
--A final repeat screening is set for 5:00 AM on Saturday the 16th
--It is reasonable to presume that this one will go in the "classics" bin and be screened again on future dates

Two and a quarter hours have been blocked for each, which suggests that the match will be shown in full and with normal interruptions at half time and full time, so fire up the recorders

Nothing yet known about the Fourth Round tie with Burnley at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday week 23rd January; kickoff is 7:45 AM Eastern U.S. time (4:45 AM on the West Coast)

**Update 8:15 AM Friday 15th January: Setanta US will have the Burnley match live upon the appointed hour with a same-day repeat screening from 8:15 PM Eastern; full update with schedule of additional repeat screenings to follow on Sunday or Monday

Also to remind once again that farther afield, the league match away to Donny Rovers has been moved for TV and, in all likelihood, will screen live in the States on Setanta from 12:20 PM Eastern on Saturday 6th February; confirmation to follow when it can be done

Also of note to the North American contingent (and frequent visitors): FSC are set to unveil a second football channel on the first day of March, and with it comes the demise of Setanta US; more content should become easier to access as a result, but precise details are not yet available (in short: yay --more football!)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Burnley (H) --LIVE on Setanta 7:45 AM

by RoyalChicagoFC » 19 Jan 2010 15:33

FA Cup Fourth Round match with Burnley at the Madejski Stadium on Saturday 23rd January is set for a live screening from 7:45 AM Eastern (4:45 AM on the West Coast), with a repeat screening currently on tap for 8:15 PM EST

Ours'll be up against Preston v. Chelsea on FSC at the same hour, so those trudging off to the pubs squirrelly early are hereby advised

Two additional repeat screenings on Setanta are scheduled for the rather inconvenient hours of 3:15 AM Eastern on Sunday the 24th and on Tuesday the 26th from 12:45 AM

Highlights of the round (30 min.) are scheduled to screen once on FSC from 5:30 PM on Monday the 25th. Also on FSC is the weekly "Super Sunday Plus" highlights and chitchat show that rolls for 90 minutes from 1:00 PM on Sunday the 24th

Setanta are set to roll the highlighs show on...
Sunday from 7:15 AM, 1:30 PM and 3:45 PM
Monday from 1:30 AM, 5:00 AM, 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM
Tuesday from 12:15 AM and 6:00 AM
Wednesday from 12:15 AM
Thurdsday from 11:00 PM
Friday from 10:45 PM
(all times Eastern U.S.)

Also to remind once again that farther afield, the league match away to Donny Rovers has been moved for TV and, in all likelihood, will screen live in the States on Setanta from 12:20 PM Eastern on Saturday 6th February; confirmation to follow when it can be done

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: Donny (A) --LIVE on Setanta 12:20 PM

by RoyalChicagoFC » 02 Feb 2010 14:00

Righto, next two items on the agenda...

The match away to Doncaster Rovers on Saturday 6th February is set to screen live on Setanta US from 12:20 PM Eastern U.S. time (that's 9:20 AM Pacific --and note the late kickoff time)

There will be no repeat screenings, so set the recorders ahead of time

The FA Cup Fifth Round tie with West Bromwich Albion is set for a 10:00 AM EDT kickoff on Saturday 13th February

With both FSC and Setanta US both having blocked the appointed hour for a live match but yet to announce specifics, and with ours being one of only two kicking off then, we should see ours live on one or the other

Check back here to find out what I know as soon as I know it --shouldn't be long, and the first post to the thread is where I always drop interim updates first

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 04 Feb 2010 01:59

Cheers Chi! Looking forward to this one. Gonna head to the pub for a fry up and watch the Royals.

URZ!!!

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 04 Feb 2010 02:41

For the Aussie viewers:

Doncaster v Reading - LIVE on Fox Sports 3 @ 4:15AM 07/02/10

I think there will be less than 10 Aussies watching that game 8)

Shaka

by Shaka » 04 Feb 2010 08:53

Mike Hunt For the Aussie viewers:

Doncaster v Reading - LIVE on Fox Sports 3 @ 4:15AM 07/02/10

I think there will be less than 10 Aussies watching that game 8)

Women's College Gymnastics > Doncaster vs Reading

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 04 Feb 2010 21:17

Shaka Women's College Gymnastics > Doncaster vs Reading

Damn Straight.

I may actually watch that - you know that they at least are over the age ;)

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 05 Feb 2010 02:33

seahawk10 Cheers Chi! Looking forward to this one. Gonna head to the pub for a fry up and watch the Royals.

URZ!!!

Ditto. I'll need to skip out of crew practice early and head for a hearty lunch and some brews. 4-0 URZ, guaranteed!

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 05 Feb 2010 02:49

Looks like FSC will have us paired with Albion in the Fifth Round on Saturday week

That's yet to be confirmed, but they've got the time blocked for the Cup, and Setanta have picked up Derby-Brum, which is the only other one kicking off at that hour

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC on U.S. TV: West Brom (H) LIVE on Setanta US

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 Feb 2010 16:18

Right, Setanta US are set to screen the FA Cup Fifth Round encounter with West Bromwich Albion live from the Madejski this Saturday morning 13th February from 10:00 AM Eastern U.S. time

There currently are two repeat screenings scheduled, plus highlights shows; let me lay it out (all times Eastern U.S.):

SAT 13 FEB 10:00 AM RFC v. WBA live on Setanta US

SUN 14 FEB @ 4:30 AM RFC v. WBA repeats in full on Setanta
SUN 14 FEB @ 1:00 PM Super Sunday+ highlights and commentary show (90 min.) on FSC
SUN 14 FEB @ 11:00 PM FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show (30 min.) on Setanta

MON 15 FEB @ 2:30 AM, @ 4:30 PM and @ 11:15 PM FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show repeats on Setanta

TUE 16 FEB @ 6:00 AM FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show repeats on Setanta
TUE 16 FEB @ 9:30 AM RFC v. WBA repeats in full on Setanta
TUE 16 FEB @ 10:15 PM FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show repeats on Setanta

WED 17 FEB @ 10:15 AM and @ 1:30 PM FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show repeats on Setanta

FRI 19 FEB @ 5:30 PM FA Cup Fifth Round Highlights Show first and only screening on FSC

All listings, and for highlights shows in particular are subject to change

This could be the final appearance of our boys on U.S. TeeVee for the 2009/10 campaign, by the way

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 10 Feb 2010 17:25

RoyalChicagoFC This could be the final appearance of our boys on U.S. TeeVee for the 2009/10 campaign, by the way

Not if we win! 8)

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 Feb 2010 17:49

...or draw

;)

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 10 Feb 2010 19:39

SETANTA!!!!

I hate Setanta and was hoping it would be on FSC. Here's hoping DirecTV won't charge the same $15 for that crappy CCC coverage.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 10 Feb 2010 19:47

PremAddict SETANTA!!!!

I hate Setanta and was hoping it would be on FSC. Here's hoping DirecTV won't charge the same $15 for that crappy CCC coverage.

If this is patronising, then I apologise in advance, but you do know it's the FA Cup - presumably the source of coverage will be different to the CCC games.

RoyalChicagoFC
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalChicagoFC » 10 Feb 2010 20:35

^ Not in the States, dude

I don't know who owns the FA Cup rights package here (or if in fact it's a single entity that does), but let's take the Prem:

--Fox Soccer Channel (under News Corp./Murdoch) bought the rights from the Premier League and sold a portion of them to
--Setanta (US), who under the terms of the deal get to pick first and third (with the latter screening on their "Xtra" channel) whenever multiple games kick off at the same hour (i.e., 3 o'clock Saturdays and evenings in midweek when a full Premier League programme is going)
--FSC get second pick in such instances, and then they and Setanta divvy up the remainder for delayed screenings

Derby v. Brum, which kicks off at the same hour as our'n on Saturday, is set to screen live on FSC; owing to its broader availability than that of Setanta, RFC fans stateside rightly were hoping rather fervently that it'd be t'other way round

Again, I don't know who got first pick for any of that or what determined the order of selection (although it may be worth noting that the Final used to screen here on Setanta PPV/pay-at-the-pub --but from last year, it's been on live "for free" on FSC); in any case, FSC are showing Soton v. Pompey on Saturday and then Bolton v. Sp*dz and Palace v. Villa on Sunday; Setanta, aside from ours, have Chelsea v. Cardiff in the other Saturday matinee and Citeh v. Stoke in the late one, plus Fulham v. Notts County on Sunday --all of it live

Setanta hold the exclusive U.S. rights to all regular Football League fare (which means, more or less, the weekly Saturday tea time kickoff, including last Saturday's win away to Donny), and in any event, Setanta is dying a belated death here come the end of the month and will be absorbed by FSC as "FSC+" (and, since I'm a DirecTV satellite subscriber who pays extra for a "sports tier" inclusive of FSC --but not Setanta, which costs DirecTV subscribers an additional monthly fee-- I'm hoping that I won't have to pay more in order to get FSC+, not least given that FSC and DirecTV are both owned by Murdoch and my selfish notion that they'd do well to, you know, throw me a f'ing bone)

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 11 Feb 2010 22:27

^^^

And more to Setanta and CCC covereage. It's crap. We're lucky to get one match let alone two per week. Not that the FL has the same clout as the PL outside of the UK, but it would be mighty nice of them to open-up coverage on the 'Web via a subscription or something. This is 2010 after all.

On the costs, I used to foot the extra $15 when RFC was in the PL to assure me of 80%+ chance of seeing them; just deemed it worth the extra cost for insurance (I know you have the coverage stats!). It's definitely not worth that extra now (at least for a non-Rugby fan like me). And I'm hoping the same as you - that two Murdoch-owned entities can settle this without adding to my bill. And I'm really hoping since it will be called Fox Soccer Plus that the "plus" will be more CCC action and not Rugby. :)

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 12 Feb 2010 08:40

Another late night in Australia thanks to Setanta. Back to Scruffy Murphys it is.

13/02/10 23:00 EDT 5th Round Chelsea v Cardiff (LIVE)
14/02/10 02:00 EDT 5th Round Reading v West Brom (LIVE)
14/02/10 04:15 EDT 5th Round Man City v Stoke City (LIVE)
14/02/10 09:15 EDT 5th Round Southampton v Portsmouth
14/02/10 11:00 EDT 5th Round Derby County v Birmingham
15/02/10 00:30 EDT 5th Round Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham (LIVE)
15/02/10 02:45 EDT 5th Round Crystal Palace v Aston Villa (LIVE)
15/02/10 10:45 EDT 5th Round Fulham v Notts County

630 posts