Back from the game WBA

204 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the game WBA

by Ian Royal » 13 Feb 2010 23:59

Southbank Old Boy
Ian Royal Sorry, can't agree. Koran came in from wide, so not Karacan or Gunnar's job for him. Mills or Ivar should have had both strikers with Karacan or Gunnar helping them, not Griffin. Again, McAnuff is the only midfielder who you can say should have been tracking that run.

The man they should have been marking was the 17 who came through the middle, right past the pair of them, and then they just marked space meaning Griffin had to step inside instead of marking Koran.

I dont know how many times I have to write that for you to get it, I think you even argued that they were marking him a while back and now you seem to have changed to say they didnt need to :roll:

Sorry, thought you were saying they should have been marking Koran. Griffin was never near Koran, yes Mills / Karacan / Gunnar / Ivar lost their man, but Griffin was already way too tucked in and doubling up on him anyway.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Feb 2010 00:00

rabidbee From that far outside the box, three foot wide of the keeper would have stood a good chance of going wide.

Chill out, he went for the chip, it was too good for Carson to hold onto, he reached the ball and kept his nerve. A good finish for a striker out of form.

Leave it at that.

yep, he was one on one and he scored. Don't really see what there is to criticise - I thought he'd miss 8)

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 14 Feb 2010 00:05

Absolutely pathetic FA Cup highlights show on ITV at the moment.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 14 Feb 2010 00:06

Agreed I was being a bit harsh on Church, I think he went for the wrong corner on the chip though

Ian, you just dont get it do you. Griff didnt come in too far, he had to make a choice and in that situation you go inside to pick up the man nearest the crosser and the most danger to your goal, thats your job in that situation

For the ball to get beyond the men infront of you (the ones not marking) and then also beat you, the man your coming in to mark, and also the keeper to get as far as the man behind you is a lot less likely than for the man you leave unmarked in the middle of the goal scoring. If the ball does get as far as the man behind you (Koran) there is still a chance that he will see it late, your keeper will get across his goal or one of your teammates will wake up and get in to help.

How many times do you see a ball make it to the back post through a crowded box and the player miss it because they see it late? Long did it during the week. Koran was the less dangerous of the 2 men Griff was left with, he made the right choice but it obviously didnt pay off

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 14 Feb 2010 00:07

cmonurz At the end of the day it is all that matters.

Doesn't stop it being a shite finish.

Two great touches, followed by a chip that an England goalie couldn't clear, followed by a decisive shot into the net. That's pretty good finishing.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 14 Feb 2010 00:08

A chip that goes in = a good chip. A chip that hits the keeper = a shite finish.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Feb 2010 00:10

cmonurz A chip that goes in = a good chip. A chip that hits the keeper = a shite finish.

And a chip that a keeper can only get a finger tip to at full stretch?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Feb 2010 00:10

So we drew with a side 20 places and 27 points above us, on the back of three wins on the trot in the league. All good then?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Feb 2010 00:10

Jack Celliers England goalie

:lol: Oh how far we've come under Capello eh? :lol:

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 14 Feb 2010 00:13

Pseud O'Nym So we drew with a side 20 places and 27 points above us, on the back of three wins on the trot in the league. All good then?

'greed.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2010 00:15

cmonurz A chip that goes in = a good chip. A chip that hits the keeper = a shite finish.

So what you're saying is any shot that goes in = good any shot that doesn't = shite.

That's the most retarded thing I've seen you post.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 14 Feb 2010 00:16

Ian Royal

So what you're saying is any shot that goes in = good any shot that doesn't = shite.

As you can't see that Griffin was 100% correct to move inside and pick up the spare man, we'll call it a retarded draw. :wink:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2010 00:19

cmonurz
Ian Royal

As you can't see that Griffin was 100% correct to move inside and pick up the spare man, we'll call it a retarded draw. :wink:

I'm saying he'd already come inside. I think the reason the other guy lost his marker was partly because he saw Griffin'd come across and was marking him too. He was never anywhere close to watching Koran. If he'd been on the back post and seen the guy in the middle lose his marker, I wouldn't be so upset about him coming across.

He was just tucked in too far from the beginning IMO.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 14 Feb 2010 00:24

Is there anyone on here that you don't argue with Ian?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 14 Feb 2010 00:25

rabidbee
willz_royal Griff at fault for both I feel. Fed shouldve saved the second too. Today did instill confidence that we can beat them artheir place though!

Not sure on the second - that was the left back, not the left-winger. McAnuff was sauntering about in the middle. Had we actually dropped into 4-4-1 after Church scored? He should have been on the right, McAnuff left and Tabb in the middle once we were leading again.

I am pretty sure we didn't change formation when Tabb came on
I thought 4 3 2 was a gamble which paid off, as Rasziak put Church through for the goal, but after that surely we should have reverted to 4 4 1?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2010 00:27

SLAMMED Is there anyone on here that you don't argue with Ian?

I argue with anyone I disagree with, which given my view is rarely polarized means pretty much everyone.

I also agree with most people at some point.

What's the point in a discussion board if you can't have a reasonable discussion (also known as an arguement)?

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Feb 2010 00:29

Ian Royal What's the point in a discussion board if you can't have a reasonable discussion...?

What are you doing on Hob Nob then?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Feb 2010 00:32

Ian Royal a reasonable discussion (also known as an arguement)?

No it isn't.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2010 00:33

rabidbee
Ian Royal What's the point in a discussion board if you can't have a reasonable discussion...?

What are you doing on Hob Nob then?

I'm not being unreasonable. I have a differing viewpoint and am expressing it. That's all.

Can't have much of a discussion without differing viewpoints and at least two opposing arguments.

working class hero

by working class hero » 14 Feb 2010 00:35

you bunch of spastic-speaking bastards, you're not even the biggest team in the Midlands!!.....

the passing ability of a thalidomide victim

How old are you? If the only way you can express yourself is by making derogatory references to folk with disabilities you must truly be a cretin... :wink:
Spastic speaking? Are you au fait with the in bred Berkshire accent?
Thalidomide? You could cross without full length arms.

Sometimes I wonder if RFC is the biggest team in any worthwhile locality if it is supported by mean spirited and small minded little people like you....

204 posts