Scapegoat of the week!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Scapegoat of the week!

by Royalee » 14 Feb 2010 00:33

Ian Royal
Royalee
Kitson12 when actually Rodgers was the one who signed the players that aren't firing

Bertrand, McAnuff, Rasiak and Mills have all been crap then haven't they? Even Howard scored last week.

Cut Howard (superfluous midfielder) and Cummings (poor and not playing) and you have roughly an extra £800k to buy a striker who'll score goals.

Cut Rasiak as well and there's three player's wages and over a £1m to pick up a striker who COULD score 15-20.

McAnuff has been largely excellent. Bertrand has been essential. O'Dea was a waste of time. (under Rodgers) Mills was a total waste of money because he was alienated and not played.

Jury's still out on Howard, I'll give you Cummings, he's shit.

Rasiak's been very important, we'd already be down without his goals.

O'Dea was essential while Ingimarsson and Mills weren't match fit and Mills has recently come into the team and excelled.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 14 Feb 2010 00:37

Ian Royal Which makes you wonder why Rodgers bought him, seeing as that really didn't seem like his style of play. Much more Coppell's. I think under McDermott we reverting to much closer to that type of play.

I think he wanted Rasiak to be the target man with two pacy wingers playing off him, the brunt point of the trident. To be fair, I think rasiak has good feet (not that he showed it much today), so he has good potential to be a target man, but you need time to learn how your strike partners play, and the team was never settled under Rodgers.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Feb 2010 09:41

Ian Royal
Royalee It's Madejski's fault funds weren't made available to sign a new striker rather than forcing the manager to promote youngsters like Church who should be learning their trade off the bench rather than shouldering main responsibility given the state we're in. We don't have one striker at the club capable of scoring goals week in week out.

We've spent £3.5m, plenty enough to buy a striker. Other strikers who are arguably better than we have are on loan elsewhere.

Nothing to do with Madejski

£3.5M. Yes, we spent a bit of loose change after Madejski had destroyed our squad and hopes by ordering the sale/loan of virtually all of our quality players!

And of that £3.5M are you really saying that we didn't need to buy Mills? Yes, by all means point to the purchase of Cummings but all of the other signings were needed and worthwhile. And what about the story that Rodgers wanted to bring back Lita but was denied by Skinflint?

It is Madejski's fault and he is to blame for precipitating and continuing virtually all of our current woes by his "I'm a celebrity - I'm selling - and get me out of here" announcement when we were still in the PL.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Feb 2010 09:54

Ian Royal
Royalee
Kitson12 when actually Rodgers was the one who signed the players that aren't firing

Bertrand, McAnuff, Rasiak and Mills have all been crap then haven't they? Even Howard scored last week.

Cut Howard (superfluous midfielder) and Cummings (poor and not playing) and you have roughly an extra £800k to buy a striker who'll score goals.

Cut Rasiak as well and there's three player's wages and over a £1m to pick up a striker who COULD score 15-20.

McAnuff has been largely excellent. Bertrand has been essential. O'Dea was a waste of time. (under Rodgers) Mills was a total waste of money because he was alienated and not played.

And you said on another thread you'd make Howard captain? HAHAHAHAHAHA

66DD

by 66DD » 14 Feb 2010 10:04

Specifically from yesterday's game I would say that there are two scapegoats ; Kebe and Chuch. If neither of those had scored it would have been impossible for West Brom to equalise.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Feb 2010 10:47

Royalee Thorvaldsson's on loan and clearly isn't rated by McDermott, Rasiak was on the cheap as a stop gap and the other two simply aren't capable of going on a sustained scoring run. We need a striker capable of getting 15-20 goals a season and have done all year yet it still hasn't been addressed.

We might still have a striker at this club who scores 15/20 goals this season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Feb 2010 10:48

Big Foot And you said on another thread you'd make Howard captain? HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL I missed this. Ian Royal contradicting himself talking shit as normal.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 14 Feb 2010 10:49

PEARCEY
Royalee Thorvaldsson's on loan and clearly isn't rated by McDermott, Rasiak was on the cheap as a stop gap and the other two simply aren't capable of going on a sustained scoring run. We need a striker capable of getting 15-20 goals a season and have done all year yet it still hasn't been addressed.

Care to wager who that'll be?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 14 Feb 2010 10:52

Royalee
PEARCEY

Care to wager who that'll be?

I won't wager a penny...I'm not that stupid :lol: but I can see Church getting 15 League(and Cup) goals this season if he has a long run in the side between now and the end of the season...

..and we play a few teams with midget sized goal-keepers.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 14 Feb 2010 11:03

PEARCEY

It may be a bit harsh to say that Thorvaldsson is not rated by McDermott. He may have been 'nursing' him in carefully. He should have his chance now.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Feb 2010 11:11

Royalee
Big Foot And you said on another thread you'd make Howard captain? HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL I missed this. Ian Royal contradicting himself talking shit as normal.

Look at "Team for Palace" thread :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 14 Feb 2010 11:33

Wycombe Royal Hardly a scapegoat. He was very poor and has been for a few games now.

All this observation shows is that you and others haven't the faintest idea why Karacan and Gunnarsson are currently our first choice central pairing.

They are two holding players who are doing a more than decent job week in week out.

It's simply laughably that Karacan gets slagged off for his sometimes wayward passing when Marek, who is always a red/yellow card waiting to happen when going in for a tackle, manages one defence splitting pass for every six that fail to reach their target which regularly cost us dearly.

Long is surely going to be the scapegoat. Many of his detractors must have been already biting their lip after watching their other hate figure score in under 10 seconds :P

Only those determined to find fault will feel the need for scapegoats in what was an impressive display against the best side I've seen this season.

I agree with BMc in that the Baggies look Premiership bound.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 14 Feb 2010 11:49

Woodcote Royal
Only those determined to find fault will feel the need for scapegoats in what was an impressive display against the best side I've seen this season.

I agree with that. Effective passing, kept possession well and were often stringing 12-15+ passes together in the final third with relative ease.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 14 Feb 2010 12:16

Both their goals from players unmarked in our right back position??

Apart from that the Griff had a great game and perhaps somebody else couldhave been their for the second.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 14 Feb 2010 13:04

I thought Karacan was immense yesterday, sod the distribution. One reason we're tighter now is that McD brought Karacan in. He scurries after everything, and we didn't have anyone doing that before in midfield.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2010 14:49

Big Foot
Ian Royal
Royalee Bertrand, McAnuff, Rasiak and Mills have all been crap then haven't they? Even Howard scored last week.

And you said on another thread you'd make Howard captain? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Well he's here now, and he can play an important role. Doesn't mean I agree we needed to sign him in the first place, when we already had Gunnarsson, Tabb, Karacan, Cisse, Davies, Matejovsky & Sigurdsson.

Surely not too hard a concept?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Feb 2010 14:51

Big Foot
Woodcote Royal

I agree with that. Effective passing, kept possession well and were often stringing 12-15+ passes together in the final third with relative ease.

Clearly they didn't keep possession especially well, seeing as we had more than them.

Cookie

by Cookie » 14 Feb 2010 15:02

The boy covered every blade of grass yesterday, his work-rate was extremely high.
He tackled hard and often and you could see he frequently hurt himself in the process.
And in my view it was no surprise that the (undeserved) equaliser was scored after he was replaced.
He's young, he's already being scouted by much bigger clubs, he's a winner, and if his follow-up distribution was better we would struggle to keep him.

HTH :P

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 14 Feb 2010 18:57

Cookie The boy covered every blade of grass yesterday, his work-rate was extremely high.
He tackled hard and often and you could see he frequently hurt himself in the process.
And in my view it was no surprise that the (undeserved) equaliser was scored after he was replaced.
He's young, he's already being scouted by much bigger clubs, he's a winner, and if his follow-up distribution was better we would struggle to keep him.

HTH :P

I agree entirely. Karacan is a Paul Scholes type player of the future - but less likely to get sent off. He will almost certainly end up at a top half PL club.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 14 Feb 2010 19:34

My scapegoat for yesterday was Jobi Mcanuff. Had a poor game.
In my humble opinion Kebe was far more of a threat to the opposition.

(Tin hat on waiting for the Kebe haters to bombard me with grief)