Who still wants Madejski to sell?

124 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Who still wants Madejski to sell?

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 18:04

Ian Royal
Franchise FC Excellent - is that language knowledge or a googled translator ?

I studied French for five years and can just about say "open the windows please". Take a guess. :lol:

I'd have stopped after the first two.
:lol: :lol:

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Feb 2010 18:06

southstand67 I've never been comfortable with the thought of a Chairman who would speak so openly about selling. ?

Whereas most Palace fans would gladly settle for someone who still possesses the financial clout to pay the players wages and avoid a 10pt penalty for going into administration...................

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Feb 2010 18:15

Franchise FC
Ian Royal
Franchise FC Excellent - is that language knowledge or a googled translator ?

I studied French for five years and can just about say "open the windows please". Take a guess. :lol:

I'd have stopped after the first two.
:lol: :lol:

Had to do a minimum of three and it was that, a language I was even worse at or some shit like woodwork, graphic design or textiles for the next two.

oxf*rd that shite.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Feb 2010 18:16

JM does not pay the players wages tho, Jordan could have at Palace, but would never have seen the money back, he knew the time was up so allowed them to go. You do not put good money after bad.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 18:19

Harpers So Solid Crew JM does not pay the players wages tho, Jordan could have at Palace, but would never have seen the money back, he knew the time was up so allowed them to go. You do not put good money after bad.

So what makes you think SJM would ever see the money back if he were to stick more in to buy players ?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Feb 2010 18:26

nope lost me there. Palace owe money outside the club, whereas at RFC it is a debt to JM.

I dont think i have ever suggested that JM should throw more money at the club. He could have put another £10m in when we were in the Prem, but had it failed we wouldjust owe him more money.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 15 Feb 2010 18:33

Harpers So Solid Crew nope lost me there. Palace owe money outside the club, whereas at RFC it is a debt to JM.

I dont think i have ever suggested that JM should throw more money at the club. He could have put another £10m in when we were in the Prem, but had it failed we wouldjust owe him more money.

JM is not the Club - therefore, any money owed to him is owed outside the Club. It some (but not much) difference that he is a related party

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Feb 2010 18:44

Harpers So Solid Crew JM does not pay the players wages tho

He owns the club almost lock stock and barrell so he pays the wages........................name three people who own more than 1pc of the shares and I might reconsider my position.

He also paid the players promotion bonuses out of his own pocket when ITV Digital went tits up not to mention slapping one million big ones one the Bristol City boardroom table for Leroy.................from neither of which would he have expected to have seen any change in the foreseeable future.

Furthermore, I have just clambered back from rolling around on the floor killing myself laughing at those attempting to challenge SJM's business acumen in the current recession :P

Simon Jordon or SJM, that's a tough one :|

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Feb 2010 18:49

But all through Jm's reign he has kept the debt under his control, we do not owe to HMRC, which would threaten his loans to the club. We pay what we need to to stop what is happening at Pompey, we had an overdraft, to pay for improvements, and he knew we had the means to clear that overdraft, even if it was Hunt and Doyles sales. i would argue that the team needed the money rather than the ground, however we may then not have got the money back on players bought in.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Feb 2010 18:54

Woodcote Royal
Furthermore, I have just clambered back from rolling around on the floor killing myself laughing at those attempting to challenge SJM's business acumen in the current recession :P

|

you must have missed the stuff from independant sources about how he has thrown cash at his printing empire.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 15 Feb 2010 19:03

How many in his position would not have had to throw money at certain parts of their empire in the current climate? He's a good businessman not a genius :|

The point is he's still here, as is RFC, whereas many have already gone to the wall with others destined to follow.

Despite all the ignorant whinging from the fan base we know our club will survive under SJM and that it's staff will never have to worry about being paid....................that counts as success in Gordon's recession.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 15 Feb 2010 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 15 Feb 2010 19:12

With so many clubs in dire straits I am beginning to revise my opinion of Madejski. I felt he and the club were too cautious in the summer of 2007 but maybe just maybe he was right and that millions more invested in players at that time may not have guaranteed Premiership survival........ leading to the club being in one hell of a mess now.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Feb 2010 21:52

Woodcote Royal How many in his position would not have had to throw money at certain parts of their empire in the current climate? He's a good businessman not a genius :|

The point is he's still here, as is RFC, whereas many have already gone to the wall with others destined to follow.

Despite all the ignorant whinging from the fan base we know our club will survive under SJM and that it's staff will never have to worry about being paid....................that counts as success in Gordon's recession.

But in what form will it survive under Madejski? If we go down this season, the appalling spiral of decline, which he kicked off with his very public statement of wanting out soon after we got to the promised land, will accelerate still further. A considerable decline in attendances, more cloth cutting, worse performances, even less fans, more cloth cutting and so on. And true, quite a few of the club's staff won't have to worry about being paid because I suspect they may not have a job to get paid for.

And who are these 'many' clubs that have gone to the wall and no longer survive, albeit in a slightly different guise?

Fair play to those who will continue to support him whatever happens, although I feel that suppport may wane over time. However, unless he is prepared to start to walk some of the talk that he came out with in the past and is prepared to commit fully to the club again by putting some money where his mouth is, then yes, I still want him out.

working class hero

by working class hero » 15 Feb 2010 22:07

Ian Royal Happily his Madj will only sign over to someone he thinks has the best interests of the club and community at heart and won't mortgage our future then bugger off bored after a few years having not bought instant success.

And I suspect you also believed that PArdew would stay?

SJM will sell when the dosh is given to him - and why not. It is a business deal.

working class hero

by working class hero » 15 Feb 2010 22:10

he was quite in favour of staying on in some capacity. I like that idea too

If you gave him £100 million would you want him hanging around? Nor me.

Abramovich got shot of Bates and I suspect SJM will be pushed out asap post sale.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 15 Feb 2010 22:14

BR2
Incidentally for such a successful businessman he must have badly mismanaged matters to be so seriously affected by the credit crunch that he had to sell so many players

Which players did he have to sell as a result of the credit crunch ?

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 15 Feb 2010 22:37

brendywendy
Incidentally for such a successful businessman he must have badly mismanaged matters to be so seriously affected by the credit crunch that he had to sell so many players therefore your assumption that his house is in order ahead of death may well be wide of the mark and often beneficiaries have no qualms about selling the family silver that has been guarded so carefully for so long.

lol at this nonsense.

if you have millions invested in businesses, and there is a huge recession. you will lose money on the majority fo your investments.
his other debts, and our ability to keep/pay players in this league are totally unrelated.

Whilst I normally agree with brendywendy it should be noted that his terrible financial management of his print companies over a considerable number of years (including before the recession) has made him a joke figure in the industry. He has done exactly with his print companies what he has pledged not to do with Reading FC - throwing good money after bad with little or no chance of seeing a return. What also rubs up his contempories is his constant statements that his is the only financial model that works!

Links from year or so ago - and its got much, much worse for him since then. Some nice views regarding his finances regarding Reading in the comments section

http://community.printweek.com/blogs/printers_devil__its_in_the_detail/archive/2008/07/30/the-biggest-money-pit-in-the-world.aspx?DCMP=EMC-PrintWeekDailyBulletin
http://www.printweek.com/PrintWeekDaily/News/861663/We-alone-sustain-mag-pricing-says-BGP/?DCMP=EMC-PrintWeekDailyBulletin
http://www.printweek.com/PrintWeekDaily/News/945554/Madejski-says-BGP-not-sale/?DCMP=EMC-PrintWeekDailyBulletin

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 15 Feb 2010 22:55

brendywendy
ElmParker SJM is like an aging patriarch trying to look after a large family and set them up to manage when he’s gone.

He wants the children to be happy but knows that most of the time it’s better not to give in to all the pestering but, instead, put up with whinging and tantrums knowing that, when finally they grow up, the kids will be better adults as a result.

Daddy can't afford to buy us a pony and a quad bike and a radio-controlled plane, so everyone should quit f*cking whining and play with the perfectly serviceable toys he bought us for previous birthdays.

a marvellous post

Apart from the fact he's actually sold the toys he bought us for previous birthdays it's completely spot on.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 15 Feb 2010 22:59

Regardless of the thawing of relations towards Madejski (two obvious names excepted) the fact is that if we go down these boards will be awash with fans saying relegation is down to the tightfisted chairman ruining our club, who appointed a manager who was out of his depth because he was a cheap option, and there'll be a good few "not fit to wear the shirts" thrown in around the players too for good measure.

Fans are a wonderful breed.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Feb 2010 01:50

RoyalBlue
Woodcote Royal How many in his position would not have had to throw money at certain parts of their empire in the current climate? He's a good businessman not a genius :|

But in what form will it survive under Madejski? If we go down this season, the appalling spiral of decline, which he kicked off with his very public statement of wanting out soon after we got to the promised land, will accelerate still further. A considerable decline in attendances, more cloth cutting, worse performances, even less fans, more cloth cutting and so on. And true, quite a few of the club's staff won't have to worry about being paid because I suspect they may not have a job to get paid for.

And who are these 'many' clubs that have gone to the wall and no longer survive, albeit in a slightly different guise?

Back on planet Earth, RB, that's how many survive recessions ; cutting costs, down sizing and doing whatever it takes to still be in business when the up turn arrives.

I was inferring that many businesses had gone to the wall and Simon Jordon's failure to keep Palace out of administration could yet mean that we avoid relegation at their expense.

If only fans like you could see beyond blaming the Chairman for everything that has gone wrong over the last 3 seasons rather than ignoring the obvious culprit because he still walks on water in your eyes.

124 posts