Re: FAO Jimmy Kebe

by BobKnows » 25 Feb 2010 10:44

+ 1

For once I made have made it into a clique with Mags :shock:

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 25 Feb 2010 13:17

bigmike I think that since the fickle fans at the club are quick to boo a player who takes a dip in form maybe they should show some appreciation for Kebe on sat ????

Who are the Boo boys gonna pick on next???

karacan?

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 25 Feb 2010 13:30

I don't know how anyone can't possibly like Jimmy Pele. OK, he is infuriatingly inconsistent and we've all seen him play in matches where he is literally a liability to the team.

But - like Marek - there's always that frisson of excitement and expectation when he gets the ball. You know that he could make something happen that no-one else on the pitch is capable of, and when he achieves it...boy, it's what we go to watch football for, isn't it? All he needs to do is produce it more regularly and he'll become a real fans' favourite.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 25 Feb 2010 13:36

Since McDermott took over he's got better and better.

We used to worry about his finishing, well he's proved he can do it now and he's growing in confidence. He even puts the odd tackle in here and there - one of which enabled him to score within 10 second of the game starting! When he gets the ball now I don't just think he's going to run a bit with it, I think we're going to score.

I love you Jimmy Kebe!

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 25 Feb 2010 14:34

I still hate Kebe.

MalcybabyRFC

by MalcybabyRFC » 25 Feb 2010 15:15

Hugo Boss I still hate Kebe.

I love the way Kebe has 2 good games and all of a sudden he's like the second coming :lol: :lol:
People have clearly forgotten this is the same Jimmy Kebe who passes the ball to the other team, try's to take on the opposition only to fall over his own feckin feet, is a poo crosser of the ball and finally cant string a set of passes together any better than me - and im shite!!!!!

Im over the moon... he has had a couple of good games, good for him and more importantly good for us but please dont make me laugh its not like we have suddenly been handed Christiano Ronaldo or Beckham himself now is it!

Although I dont promote any of us getting on his back during the game which to be fair is totally counter productive, it is frustrating to watch him consistantly play shite and I for one havent got my knob in my hand just yet! :arrow:

BobKnows

by BobKnows » 25 Feb 2010 15:26

MalcybabyRFC
Hugo Boss I still hate Kebe.

I love the way Kebe has 2 good games and all of a sudden he's like the second coming :lol: :lol:
People have clearly forgotten this is the same Jimmy Kebe who passes the ball to the other team, try's to take on the opposition only to fall over his own feckin feet, is a poo crosser of the ball and finally cant string a set of passes together any better than me - and im shite!!!!!

Im over the moon... he has had a couple of good games, good for him and more importantly good for us but please dont make me laugh its not like we have suddenly been handed Christiano Ronaldo or Beckham himself now is it!

Although I dont promote any of us getting on his back during the game which to be fair is totally counter productive, it is frustrating to watch him consistantly play shite and I for one havent got my knob in my hand just yet! :arrow:

Wow, how gracefully put.

I think you'll find very few people are claiming Kebe is the next Ronaldo...a few of us however have consistently claimed that he is an asset, with some real skill, who doesn't deserved to get booed and abused by ignorant cretins week-in-week-out, something which SUDDENLY people are waking up to.

MalcybabyRFC

by MalcybabyRFC » 25 Feb 2010 15:37

Thanks for that but not me, and if you look at this site's history there are plently of people on this thread may I add who haddent woken up previously either!!! Like I said, happy days, Kebe has had a good couple of games and thats great, however it is quite embarrising to see the plastics and turncoats - the same which if im not proved wrong will be slagging him off again in a couple of weeks, probably on the convieniantly named thread "Jimmy Kebe- Waste of Space" :lol: :lol:

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Feb 2010 15:40

TBH I love him for everything including his rampant shitness in the air and the way he shies away from physical contact.

Leave heading and tackling to the lower-league kickers who don't have any FLAIR, Jimmy.

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 25 Feb 2010 15:48

Wingers are notoriously inconsistent who rarely set the house on fire in every game

There was one back in the 70s and early 80s who was that rare breed who put in a good shift in every game. Played for Man United.

Went by the name of Steve Coppell.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 25 Feb 2010 15:57

Sarah Star wrote:
Since McDermott took over he's got better and better.

We used to worry about his finishing, well he's proved he can do it now and he's growing in confidence. He even puts the odd tackle in here and there - one of which enabled him to score within 10 second of the game starting! When he gets the ball now I don't just think he's going to run a bit with it, I think we're going to score.

I love you Jimmy Kebe!

I have to agree with your comments made in the first 2 paragraphs but loving Jimmy Kebe just takes it a bit too far!!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Feb 2010 17:51

All praise our new hero, Kebe for captain....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 25 Feb 2010 17:56

love the way Kebe has 2 good games and all of a sudden he's like the second coming

3 :lol:

Royalshow

by Royalshow » 25 Feb 2010 18:04

brendywendy 'greed

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Feb 2010 19:45

Jimmy has improved his finishing massively.

Other than that he's exactly the same player he has always been.

Very good skill, control and pace. But little in the way of brain.

When he runs at someone he rarely does enough to wrong-foot them completely. He doesn't take them far one way and then go the other, he just sort of runs at them jinking a bit. That way when it's time to go past them he's just too close and it's easy to get something in his way.

He doesn't seem to open up with his real pace all that often... we know he's very quick, but he's also pretty languid and unhurried.

He makes poor decisions too often, so whilst he can look deadly dangerous, or even create a dozen chances out of nothing, he tends to produce little that's tangible or feck up the vast majority of the chances he's produced, with a poor cross, or the wrong ball, or running straight into the 3rd or 4th defender.

When he gets it right he's virtually unplayable at this level and can be devastating. But he only produces anything like a clear goalscoring opportunity at a very low percentage of what he could do, with a better footballing brain.

McAnuff seems to retain possession better, or at least get something positive out of a much higher proportion of the attacks he's involved in - and as we can see from his assist stats, create more actual goals.

Kebe is worth having but as I've said many a time, I'd prefer someone with less good qualities, who was able to deliver on their qualities more often.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 25 Feb 2010 20:12

The Goat was fed Wingers are notoriously inconsistent who rarely set the house on fire in every game

There was one back in the 70s and early 80s who was that rare breed who put in a good shift in every game. Played for Man United.

Went by the name of Steve Coppell.

+1

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Feb 2010 20:14

Jim Jimmy ne
Jim Jimmy ne
Jim Jim Kebe
He skins your full back and he's from Mali

Someone posted something similar on another thread yesterday - just changed the last line as it fits better

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 25 Feb 2010 21:48

Maguire As founding member of the Jimmy Kebe Fan Club, I'm finding this recent run of good form rather pleasing.

errrrrr I loved Jimmy before you and with much more emotion

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 25 Feb 2010 22:37

Ian Royal Jimmy has improved his finishing massively. //
McAnuff seems to retain possession better, or at least get something positive out of a much higher proportion of the attacks he's involved in - and as we can see from his assist stats, create more actual goals.

You're wrong, Ian

Mac has scored 1 goal and has 8 assists so has "created" 9 goals IN 28 STARTS 1 goal in every 3.1 games

Kebe has scored 5 goals and has 3 assists, so has created 8 goals in 17 starts (and 13 sub appearances = 19 starts) 1 goal created in every 2.4 games

So KEBE, not McAnuff creates more chances per game played

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 25 Feb 2010 22:44

Snowball
Ian Royal Jimmy has improved his finishing massively. //

You're wrong, Ian

Mac has scored 1 goal and has 8 assists so has "created" 9 goals IN 28 STARTS 1 goal in every 3.1 games

Kebe has scored 5 goals and has 3 assists, so has created 8 goals in 17 starts (and 13 sub appearances = 19 starts) 1 goal created in every 2.4 games

So KEBE, not McAnuff creates more chances per game played

How do the statistics reflect the fact that the fact that there are often two players marking Jobi, leaving spaces for others, including Kebe, to exploit?

Football is such a complex, multi-faceted game, with two teams of eleven - and what each player does subtly affects what the other 21 can do. All the depths, nuances and inter-connections can't be measured by such unsophisticated statistics.

430 posts