The Twelfth Man

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Stuffed Crust Pizza

The Twelfth Man

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 28 Feb 2010 18:31

In the last few months I've been increasingly impressed with the atmosphere generated at home games. Indeed since McDermott got the job permanently, the improvement in performances and passion from the players has given us something to shout about. This has gone hand in hand with a more relaxed attitude from stewards and the back few rows of Y25 and Y26 being able to stand for large parts of games undetered. The stewards now only seem to make token efforts to get people to sit and are largely ignored.

It was fantastic to hear the 'McDermott Woah' chant reverberate around the ground and I could even hear the efforts of the North-East corner. Unfortunately I could also hear the drum!

As a result I'm certainly starting to enjoy my football again as the atmosphere is very important to me. A sterling effort by all, keep up the good work.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: The Twelfth Man

by Millsy » 28 Feb 2010 18:37

Our plastic years are over.

We're beginning to get the true Reading passion back.

It will of course never be the same as the old Southbank but it's something we can aspire to :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Feb 2010 18:38

unless you have been cloned......how do you simultaneously watch two Reading 3pm kick-off games?

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 28 Feb 2010 18:39

Really hoping that it will be a major factor on sunday and spur the lads on!

Berkshire Born

by Berkshire Born » 28 Feb 2010 18:42

Shouldn't that be 'Number 13'?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 05 Mar 2010 22:32

Great thread, I missed it initially. I will be listening to all you fine folk come Sunday!

Back the boys and make some noise and all that! :-)

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 05 Mar 2010 23:33

Here Here!!

Really need to get behind the team Sunday, and in the event of going behind not go quiet.

URRRZZZZ

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 14 Mar 2010 22:16

In the last three home games since I originally posted the atmosphere has maintained a level of enjoyment. The Villa game was rather predictably outstanding and the crowd even stayed with the team at 4-2. This just goes to show how much the fans and the team have bonded in recent months, even McD has commented on this recently. The Derby game was a bit quieter, but I'm sure this was down to the cold temperatures as people were putting all their efforts into keeping warm! And yesterday even saw us outsing a usually fervant following from Bristol. Admittedly they were very quiet but our efforts were more than decent. Their forum even commented on this here.

The new Kebe chant seems to be catching on and is original which makes it even better. More and more the East Stand seem to be learning the words and joining in. This is proof that we can produce an atmsophere as good as any other set of fans, we just need to put the effort in.

Tuesday night should see a decent following for the Fake-Hoops, who are usually quite vocal on the road. So lets make sure we show plenty of passion, produce constant noise and help McD and the lads send them home empty handed.

Sing your hearts out for the lads!

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1