Matt Mills

708 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Matt Mills

by ZacNaloen » 17 Mar 2010 09:55

He need to apologise to the kids for swearing in the heat of the moment and then tell the adults to grow the oxf*rd up.

Booing him. :|

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 09:56

Super Kevin Bremner! Are there any pictures of the incident yet? Anyone get any at the game last night? Like I said on another thread, neck on the line and all that but wasn't 100% sure the finger went up!

'greed

looked like he stared the east stand down for a second, then put his hand up as he ran off

but i was miles away

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 17 Mar 2010 09:59

What a revelation - Reading fans are shit. Footballers are thick..

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Mar 2010 10:02

It was one of those things that can be put down to complete frustration on both parts. However Mills (IMO) fcuked up by not at least acknowleging the fans chanting his name at the end. That would have drawn a line under it all, and we could have moved on to 'Boro.

Hopefully this won't have too much of an effect on the rest of the season.

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 17 Mar 2010 10:13

Joe999's version of events is spot on. The abuse last night was started by Mills and escalated, right up to the point where he barged a member of RFC staff out of the way to get down the tunnel. Booing etc (which I don't condone) was a reaction to his erratic behaviour.

Oh, and Lol at the East Stand abuse. Teh worst moaning and swearing I have heard is in the West. At least east standers break it up with a bit of a sing occasionally.

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 17 Mar 2010 10:14

The booing only started after he stuck his finger up. FACT!

Immature and very sensitive reaction from Matt. FACT!

It was wrong of Matt to swear at the home fans - It isn't the first time he's received stick from fans and it's not going to be the last time either. He needs to get over it and man up by giving a MOTM performance against Boro on Saturday. FACT!

If you are a grown adult who is offended by the finger that was directed to the east stand you are a moron. FACT!

I did get frustrated with Matt last night but didn't boo him after the finger and didn't chant his name either - he was a naughty boy he didn't deserve either the booing or the cheering.

P.S Not everyone who sits in the east stand is a moron!

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 17 Mar 2010 10:20

brendywendy
Super Kevin Bremner! Are there any pictures of the incident yet? Anyone get any at the game last night? Like I said on another thread, neck on the line and all that but wasn't 100% sure the finger went up!

'greed

looked like he stared the east stand down for a second, then put his hand up as he ran off

but i was miles away

I had a good view of it and he definately gave the east stand the finger. I agree that you don't boo your own players but the only booing came after the gesture - before that it was just groans of frustration at the predictable balls out to Kebe. Players have had far worse stick and not reacted like that.

He had a chance to redeem himself when a large section of the east stand responded to the boos by chanting his name but his only response was a look of contempt in the direction of the east stand. Worse still, he ran straight off after the game with no applause to the fans and when Nigel Gibbs tried stopping him he pushed him aside.

In summary - top defender, shouldn't have been booed but behaved like an arrogant, ill disciplined, big time charlie.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Mar 2010 10:22

Get over it you girls. He is still our best defender, and im glad he stuck his finger up at you in-patient oxf*rd

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Mar 2010 10:25

LoyalRoyal22 Get over it you girls. He is still our best defender, and im glad he stuck his finger up at you in-patient oxf*rd

:lol:

The fact remains that he shouldn't have gestured - whether we were impatient or not. And, having done it in the heat of the moment, he should have tried to make amends at the end instead of running off the pitch like a spoiled brat not getting his own way.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 17 Mar 2010 10:26

Yeah he probably shouldn't have done it but I will now put one piece of crucial bit of evidence into the equation ......

READING 1 - 0 QPR

so who really gives a shit if one of our BETTER players has a bit of passion and can probably see that he wasn't playing his best and having an off night. We win the game, are 14th in the league and are closer to the play-offs than getting relegated. Life is good.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 17 Mar 2010 10:27

Royal Lady
LoyalRoyal22 Get over it you girls. He is still our best defender, and im glad he stuck his finger up at you in-patient oxf*rd

The fact remains that he shouldn't have gestured - whether we were impatient or not. And, having done it in the heat of the moment, he should have tried to make amends at the end instead of running off the pitch like a spoiled brat not getting his own way.

Yeh i would agree with that actually, it would have all been forgotten if he had just put a hand up to the positive chants.

Half Horse
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Half Horse » 17 Mar 2010 10:32

joe999
Wimb
Focher maybe he had a row with the bird at home, maybe he got bad news, maybe he got up on the wrong side of the bed, who knows?

Point being this seems the first time the bloke has acted up and seems born out of frustration (rather then malice) towards a small section of the crowd. It's out of order from Mills as a professional footballer but an understandable reaction from a human being under pressure.

If he comes out and apologises and explains it then I'm happy to see him back in the shirt as per usual next week.

Fair point. A genuine written apology, not prompted by the club but from him, and Ill be happy enough.

Expect this to be stuck to every seat in the East Stand for the West Brom game.

"Dear East Stand Loyal Royal

Please accept this heart-felt apology for reacting as many human beings might when subjected to unwarranted abuse for not executing 100% of the time the instruction from my manager and coaching staff to try and get Jimmy Kebe in behind QPR's right back at every opportunity.

I know many of you are mongs of the highest order and have little understanding of professional football, or any football for that matter, but I really should win every header, complete every pass and score a hat-trick each game as you demand.

I know you are only giving me advice on how I should be playing and I respect your collective wisdom. After all, your abuse seems to have turned Jimmy Kebe's game round and I'm hoping you can do the same for me.

Like all the other players I'll be studying the comments on that magnificent forum HNA to see if I can pick up any tips and with a bit of luck I can improve my game like Shane did. Shane said it wasn't a huge wind up and he really does read it a lot and was motivated by the comments of many, many people who have played a lot more professional football than him. He also told Brian Howard not to laugh at people who genuinely believe they influence players by posting on message boards, it's not fair to mock these retards.

Anyway, thanks again for your help, enjoy the game and don't forget if Andy G knocks one straight into touch when he's over you side give him some grief - he'll appreciate it.

Kind Regards

Matt"

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 17 Mar 2010 10:35

Yorkshire Royal What a revelation - Reading fans are shit. Footballers are thick..

Not the actions of an idiot (I dont deny his stupidity, mind) but the actions of a frustrated and emotional guy who is endeavouring to break down a nitty-gritty side and suddenly is faced with boo's from his own supporters (wtf lol). This is all in the context of an EXCELLENT run of results and performances, seeing them in the 1/4s of the Cup and steered them away from relegation worries to potential play-off contenders....

I'd have felt compelled to say FCUK YOU, gimps. Pathetic reaction from the section of crowd who initiated the boo's when you look at the bigger picture (as if a draw with QPR would have been a disaster).

Mills could have been the better man, but he was already frustrated with what was happening on the pitch...embarrassing all round tbh. Reading fans should be the ones 'manning up'...acted like children with no patience (or intelligence).

I think the gesture will work in everyone's favour in the long run - RFC fans should be shown how much he cares - perfect way of doing it, I would have wanted to show how much the crowd had let me down.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Mar 2010 10:36

Royal Lady

half the east stand will make gestures of the same ilk at the ref, oppo players, and players of their own
not sure why its different for mills. unless its because"we pay his wages" :roll:

someone said he was in tears as he ran off, maybe he jst wanted out of there so no one saW HIM WELLING UP.

generally though i really couldnt care any less about this.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 17 Mar 2010 10:43

Royal_Belly The booing only started after he stuck his finger up. FACT!

It was wrong of Matt to swear at the home fans - It isn't the first time he's received stick from fans and it's not going to be the last time either. He needs to get over it and man up by giving a MOTM performance against Boro on Saturday. FACT!

If you are a grown adult who is offended by the finger that was directed to the east stand you are a moron. FACT!

I did get frustrated with Matt last night but didn't boo him after the finger and didn't chant his name either - he was a naughty boy he didn't deserve either the booing or the cheering.

Sorry, but that is NOT a fact.

I heard a good fews boos (rather than groans) when he hoofed the ball out, I specifically remember it as I was so surprised by it. He THEN turned to the crowd etc......

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 17 Mar 2010 10:46

Schards#2

Sorry, but that is NOT a fact.

I heard a good fews boos (rather than groans) when he hoofed the ball out, I specifically remember it as I was so surprised by it. He THEN turned to the crowd etc......

They weren't booing any where near where I was I was sat in Y24 right in front of where Mills was positioned - they were sarcastically yelling out "hoof" everytime the ball fell at his feet. Why would they boo him before the gesture they had no need to boo him? They had every right to hoof him though!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 17 Mar 2010 10:47

Tails
Yorkshire Royal What a revelation - Reading fans are shit. Footballers are thick..

Not the actions of an idiot (I dont deny his stupidity, mind) but the actions of a frustrated and emotional guy who is endeavouring to break down a nitty-gritty side and suddenly is faced with boo's from his own supporters (wtf lol). This is all in the context of an EXCELLENT run of results and performances, seeing them in the 1/4s of the Cup and steered them away from relegation worries to potential play-off contenders....

I'd have felt compelled to say FCUK YOU, gimps. Pathetic reaction from the section of crowd who initiated the boo's when you look at the bigger picture (as if a draw with QPR would have been a disaster).

Mills could have been the better man, but he was already frustrated with what was happening on the pitch...embarrassing all round tbh. Reading fans should be the ones 'manning up'...acted like children with no patience (or intelligence).

I think the gesture will work in everyone's favour in the long run - RFC fans should be shown how much he cares - perfect way of doing it, I would have wanted to show how much the crowd had let me down.

OK, this is all a world of WTF LOL but this post is pretty damned sensible.

royals pete

by royals pete » 17 Mar 2010 10:53

Royal_Belly
Schards#2

Sorry, but that is NOT a fact

They weren't booing any where near where I was I was sat in Y24 right in front of where Mills was positioned - they were sarcastically yelling out "hoof" everytime the ball fell at his feet. Why would they boo him before the gesture they had no need to boo him? They had every right to hoof him though!

Have to agree. Result of the latest long pass going astray, Y25 giving stick. No excuses though, and Y25 need to give more support or just be quiet ! Big problem was that there was no midfiled outlet once subs were made

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 17 Mar 2010 10:57

I didn't hear any booing before the "Matt Mills salute" from where I was sat in Y24 either, but that doesn't mean it wasn't coming from somewhere else.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 17 Mar 2010 11:03

Bath Hoops
soggy biscuit People are not perfect, sometimes they react in ways they shouldn't in the heat of the moment. Add to this that most RFC fans are mongtards that don't understand football and you have your classic Millsgate finger salute.

LOL @ all the faux outrage on here.
You don't need to understand football at all, you just need to have a sense of decency.Do you think that behaviour was acceptable ? I hope you dont have a child with you at the game and have to explain it, there is no excuse for it.

I've now ploughed my way through this entire thread and I'm utterly sick of the whole episode already. I have picked this one comment to quote, but it is only an example of the selective outrage of "upstanding decent citizens". Anyone who is upset and says the behaviour of Mills was unacceptable and outrageous to anyone with a kid at the game REALLY does need to look at themselves as they subject their kid to far worse forms of human behaviour every time their plonk their kid down in a seat at a football game. The foul language, obscene gestures, racist comments and general air of bile cannot be avoided by any child that has eyes & ears.

"Daddy, what does black cnut mean?" etc etc

The magnanimous pontifications of those who say they will accept a personal apology from Mills or he should never play for the club again are the worst sort of high-horse-sitting I think I have ever heard. And as for insulting those who "pay his wages", well... :roll:

708 posts