Ivar

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ivar

by Ian Royal » 23 Mar 2010 21:03

Very sorry to hear that. I may not be keen on him playing as a first choicer for us right now. But I don't want to hear of injuries like this.

Speedy recovery Ivar, though I fear you've played your last game for us. A brilliant professional, but all things come to an end.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 24 Mar 2010 03:19

Sad news for Ivar. I doubt he'll play for us again. Hope he comes out on the final day against Preston to get the send off he deserves. Great servant for the club. Who remains from 05/06 now? Bryn's the last standing.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Mar 2010 03:28

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 24 Mar 2010 04:41

This is seriously bad news, it moves Alex Pearce one place closer to the starting XI :| :(

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Mar 2010 06:40

LoyalRoyalFan Testimonial?

No.

Great servant and although 7 years is a decent stint in the modern era, we should be reserving testemonials for those who have done 10 years or more.

Very sad news if he is out for the season. Whilst I feel Zurab is a better defender, there's no denying Ivar still offers something to the squad and the dressing room.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 24 Mar 2010 08:53

Thanks Ivar.

A true Legend of arguably the best back 5 Reading FC ever had.

We couldn't have done it without you.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Mar 2010 10:15

The injury is a bit of a blow, even if I do think he's been exposed a bit this season, losing him from the squad (and the side really) right now isn't good news.

Not the best way to end his Reading career, especially when his time here has hardly seen him injured or unavailable. That was key to the promotion season because he and Sonko played pretty much every game together.

It might be telling that he's missed significant chunks of the last two season though when previously he was never injured.

I wonder if they'll consider getting in another loanee or just stick with the 3 recognised centre backs plus Cisse? I'd imagine we'll stick with what we've got.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Mar 2010 10:45

The whole year inn This is seriously bad news, it moves Alex Pearce one place closer to the starting XI :| :(

:roll: pearcey will be fine alongside someone with pace.

just like ivar and millsy/ ivar and sonko

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 24 Mar 2010 10:50

Good luck Ivar.

He may not be at the level he was three seasons ago, but IMHO he is still next best to Mills. IF he has played his last game for us then he will be sadly missed.
I cant believe there are some on here who are slatting him, take a look at yourselves, you`re a disgrace !

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Mar 2010 10:52

Ivar has been a terrific servant to this club and it seems more than likely, to me anyway, that he's played his last game for us so, I wish him well for the future.

However, the fact that 32 is indeed no age for a centre half and his performances have been going down hill for more than 2 seasons in my view shows how he is regularly over rated by many, not least Steve Coppell.

He's had hundreds of good games in a Reading shirt and an increasing number of poor ones but whilst the likes of Gunnarsson and Kebe have been slagged relentlessly down the years, Ivar has always been afflicted by that rare condition Shoreyitis in the eyes of many in that he never has a poor game..........................hence Coppell's laughable decision recently to make him Man of the Match at Anfield when he wasn't even close.

I agree that Pearce has not lived up to expectations but Ivar's injury could well strenthen the first 11 as Khizanishvili looks a class act and somewhat hard done by to have spent so much time on the bench.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Mar 2010 11:22

Think all this talk of last game is premature. Would be very surprised/dissapointed if Ivar doesn't get at least offered another year.

Think the positive is if Kish comes in and plays really well, like I think he will. Will give the CHairman a little nudge in the direction of making sure we can find his wages for next season.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 24 Mar 2010 11:26

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Think all this talk of last game is premature. Would be very surprised/dissapointed if Ivar doesn't get at least offered another year.

Think the positive is if Kish comes in and plays really well, like I think he will. Will give the CHairman a little nudge in the direction of making sure we can find his wages for next season.

Lets hope so. The worrying thing is that with Ivar out, 3 of our back 4 are all here on loan, what happens next season?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Mar 2010 12:26

rhroyal Sad news for Ivar. I doubt he'll play for us again. Hope he comes out on the final day against Preston to get the send off he deserves. Great servant for the club. Who remains from 05/06 now? Bryn's the last standing.

Don't forget Shane.....

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 24 Mar 2010 12:42

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Think all this talk of last game is premature. Would be very surprised/dissapointed if Ivar doesn't get at least offered another year.

He's been offered a year extension, but on much lower wages. So the decision is his, but basically it's fair to say he'll look for more security and I'm sure will get a 2/3 year deal at another club, perhaps not in this league.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 24 Mar 2010 13:23

Sad to hear about this but good that we have Zurab and Mills.

I really do not rate Pearce so am worried if one of those gets injured. But what the hey we are nearly safe now anyway so it's not as important as it would have been had we had been in a relegation dogfight (phew!).

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Mar 2010 13:45

Scarface

He's been offered a year extension, but on much lower wages. So the decision is his, but basically it's fair to say he'll look for more security and I'm sure will get a 2/3 year deal at another club, perhaps not in this league.

Makes sense and is fair enough really. Certainly would leave us needing two new centre halves in the summer.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 24 Mar 2010 13:56

So that's two longish term injuries in a little over one year. Is his age catching up on him and is this a sign of things to come? It certainly makes it look risky to offer him more than 1 year extensions at a time.......

It's a shame becuase he has been sucha big player for us over the last 7 years, but football club move on and may be it is time for him to do so as well.....

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Mar 2010 15:11

The paper quoted he's been offered a pay as you play deal.

That would suggest that the club aren't sure he will get many games next season for whatever reason, which I think would be right. If we want to be pushing for promotion again next season we'll probably need a different partner for Mills.

Bit like Duberry this time last year, he's bound to be offered a better deal elsewhere, but we have to do whats right for the club and I would guess that means a younger centre back on the money we won't be paying Ingimarsson.

None of that takes away from how good he's been for us in the past of course.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 24 Mar 2010 16:16

loyalroyaldaz

Lets hope so. The worrying thing is that with Ivar out, 3 of our back 4 are all here on loan, what happens next season?

No problem - next year our back 4 will be Kelly, Pearce, Mills and Cummings. Easily good enough for the PL.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 24 Mar 2010 16:43

andrew1957
loyalroyaldaz

No problem - next year our back 4 will be Kelly, Pearce, Mills and Cummings. Easily good enough for the PL.

I thought you were being serious, until you said Mills.

:wink: