Back from the game - Leicester

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Leicester

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 Mar 2010 08:55

welll done Ben, and many thanks, all it needed was H&P with give us the effing scores. gotta love Leicester.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 25 Mar 2010 08:58

Genuine LOL at bloke in middle of shot at the end with his petulant AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH and middle finger. :lol:

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 25 Mar 2010 09:18

I had a most enjoyable night as I was sat just in front of Emma Rigby and my goodness that girl is gorgeous. The football was quite good too but I wasn't watching for most of it ;)

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Mar 2010 09:24

Wizard I had a most enjoyable night as I was sat just in front of Emma Rigby and my goodness that girl is gorgeous. The football was quite good too but I wasn't watching for most of it ;)

So if you were sat in front of her did she not look worried that you spent most of the match facing away from the pitch and staring at her?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Mar 2010 09:24

You were sat infront of her, yet you looked at her for most of the game. :|

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Mar 2010 09:25

Great minds WR :wink:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 25 Mar 2010 09:29

SLAMMED You were sat infront of her, yet you looked at her for most of the game. :|

:lol:

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 25 Mar 2010 09:31

Wycombe Royal
Wizard I had a most enjoyable night as I was sat just in front of Emma Rigby and my goodness that girl is gorgeous. The football was quite good too but I wasn't watching for most of it ;)

So if you were sat in front of her did she not look worried that you spent most of the match facing away from the pitch and staring at her?

:roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Mar 2010 09:48

Allyh84
Wycombe Royal

:roll:

Why the rolly eyes?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Mar 2010 10:07

That was Wiz bashing one out to the beat of the drum.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 25 Mar 2010 10:54

oldelmparky
SHORT AND CURLY Totally missed the off the ball incident between Griff and their player. Everyone around us thought Griff was given a red card. Even their fans were singing the old "Cheerio" song.

To clear up the red card confusion:
The ref held up both cards at the same time, the red behind the yellow. He showed the yellow to Griff but from the stands it looked like a red. Then he separated the cards and showed the yellow to Dyer now holding the red card in his other hand.

Thanks for clearing that up. I wondered why their fans went balistic. A great result and all credit to Brian for switching to 442 midway through the second half when lesser mortals would have settled for the draw. Taking the game to them eased the pressure at a time when they seemed to be getting on top and in the end was IMO the decisive factor. Fed also made some excellent saves particularly the one he managed to tip over the bar from ground level.
A very enjoyable trip all round and the most polite stewards I have ever come across.

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 25 Mar 2010 11:12

Harpers So Solid Crew

welll done Ben, and many thanks, all it needed was H&P with give us the effing scores. gotta love Leicester.

Yep great video as always Ben! And how come I always seem to get in the shot somewhere?? :o

midfield diamond

by midfield diamond » 25 Mar 2010 11:14

A very enjoyable trip all round and the most polite stewards I have ever come across.[/quote]

I agree about the stewards - all very pleasant - however common sense was missing in the second half when one of our older supporters stood up and moved into space across the isle because he had the cramp. (there's not a lot of leg room at the walkers). Rubbing his leg he was told (very nicely) by a female steward that he had to sit down. He complied with her request but did point out that all the Leicester fans to our left beneath the fat boy drummer had been standing the whole match.

Royal_Delight
Location: In Madejski's Mansion counting the fans' season ticket money

by Royal_Delight » 25 Mar 2010 11:15

Hooray on the club's 1500th win ever!

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Mar 2010 11:17

Wow! Only our 3rd ever win v Leicester as well - and two of them have come at the Walkers!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Mar 2010 11:19

Mr. Reading
Harpers So Solid Crew

Yep great video as always Ben! And how come I always seem to get in the shot somewhere?? :o

You're even in the Harper goal celebrations at boro :lol:

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 25 Mar 2010 11:29

royalexile
Mr. Reading

You're even in the Harper goal celebrations at boro :lol:

Got a link? Hard not to be in those seeing as there were only about 50 of us there! :wink:

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 25 Mar 2010 11:31

Nah but i'm sure Ben can fire up his huge cache. We were reminiscing the other night. It fair bought a tear to my eyes. :lol:

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 25 Mar 2010 12:22

Deserved three points last night, Leicester once again showing that there is still some mince above us in the league. Thought we were excelent in the 2nd half after what at times wasn't the best performance in the 1st half lacking a bit of sharpness, particularly in quickness to mark allowing Leicester quick throw ins and free kicks with ease much to my frustration, although on the break Kebe was giving Leicester's left back all sorts of problems and having seen the goals, SCORED WITH HIS LEFT (Sig also did a huge clearance with his left showing he can use it), something he could of done to make it 2-0. Rode our luck a little at the other end and despite Griffin's slip which sent Leicester on their way, 1-1 was probably fair at half time.

2nd half, Griffin got in a fight off the ball (didn't see it start so no idea who's to blame) with the speedy left winger and i thought the ref showed him the red (no idea what was said on the radio about this) and then 30 seconds later Tabb went off injured, looks bad and will be missed. Fair play to Brian for changing it and going two up towards the end was a bold move but one that paid off. Thought the couple of chances Kebe had developed were going to get us the goal earlier, particularly Sig's chance. He really is making any left back track back in fear at the mopment and is in the form of his life. Definite penalty though and as cool a finsh as at Anfield.

I'm quite enjoying these late goals of ours and my appetite for RFC is certainly back, always good to see Brian sending the troops over to the fans at the end. St Mirren 4 CeLOLtic 0 and a spotted of the Oxford players getting back into their 'expensive' cars at the service station completed my enjoyable wet journey home.

P.S. If you think the North Stand drummer is bad, you should see what they've got at the Walkers!!!!!

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 25 Mar 2010 12:26

Compo's Hat Deserved three points last night, Leicester once again showing that there is still some mince above us in the league. Thought we were excelent in the 2nd half after what at times wasn't the best performance in the 1st half lacking a bit of sharpness, particularly in quickness to mark allowing Leicester quick throw ins and free kicks with ease much to my frustration, although on the break Kebe was giving Leicester's left back all sorts of problems and having seen the goals, SCORED WITH HIS LEFT (Sig also did a huge clearance with his left showing he can use it), something he could of done to make it 2-0. Rode our luck a little at the other end and despite Griffin's slip which sent Leicester on their way, 1-1 was probably fair at half time.

2nd half, Griffin got in a fight off the ball (didn't see it start so no idea who's to blame) with the speedy left winger and i thought the ref showed him the red (no idea what was said on the radio about this) and then 30 seconds later Tabb went off injured, looks bad and will be missed. Fair play to Brian for changing it and going two up towards the end was a bold move but one that paid off. Thought the couple of chances Kebe had developed were going to get us the goal earlier, particularly Sig's chance. He really is making any left back track back in fear at the mopment and is in the form of his life. Definite penalty though and as cool a finsh as at Anfield.

I'm quite enjoying these late goals of ours and my appetite for RFC is certainly back, always good to see Brian sending the troops over to the fans at the end. St Mirren 4 CeLOLtic 0 and a spotted of the Oxford players getting back into their 'expensive' cars at the service station completed my enjoyable wet journey home.

P.S. If you think the North Stand drummer is bad, you should see what they've got at the Walkers!!!!!

Haha I quite liked the drummer, seemed perfectly happy to take ridicule from our fans and contribute with the singing between fans,