Best One-Liners heard at a Reading Game

140 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Best One-Liners heard at a Reading Game

by leon » 30 Mar 2010 16:32

Cambridge Utd away - in the main stand next to the home crowd divided by a solid corrugated iron wall thing. From the other side of the divider comes a yokel voice..
"don't you lot ever f*cking shut up?"

Medusa?

by Medusa? » 30 Mar 2010 19:00

At Colchester vs QPR (I believe - an early Parky-in-charge game), the refs warm up in front of us.

We sing "Worse than Graham Poll..."

Paul Durkin turns round and just says "I'm not having that"

The Silk

by The Silk » 30 Mar 2010 19:13

vs Stevenage????? in a cup game at elm park and directed at an ageing and thinning Clive Walker who had slid face first into the net ,without the ball i might add, a nearby card shouted "oi Walker thats the smallest f###ing wig i've ever seen"

Had me hooting tho it may have been down to the spead eagles finest beforehand in hindsight

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 30 Mar 2010 20:03

has to be:

12 November 2006: FA PREMIER LEAGUE

Tottenham: Keane 24 pen.

Row JJ, seat 160.

On the award of said penalty...

Mentalist stands up and exceeds even HER high standards of bullshit with "that ref is biased, he supports London"

Clearly the most non intentional one liner in the entire history of football. Oh and the most accurately called :-)

You know who you are lady.

Fubar
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Fubar » 30 Mar 2010 21:59

joe999 My fave of recent times came against Palace, when Victor Moses was moaning at the Ref.

Bloke behind me: MOSES YOU WA|NKER
Other bloke behind me: Exodus - Chapter 4, verse 6.

This thread is worth it for this line alone...
Brilliant! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archies Volley II

by Archies Volley II » 30 Mar 2010 23:08

tink
The Cap tink wrote
Oldy but a goody "Rufus is a dog's name" to Richard Rufus when he was at charlton i think

Try QPR at Elm Park - evening game. Destroyed by the Southbank.8)

Could've been that game. It was definitely an EP moment. Which seems like an awful long time ago!

Believe it was both - to Richard Rufus of Charlton and first a few weeks earlier (I think/hope I have this right!) Rufus Brevett of QPR.

I also seem to remember QPR scored a late equaliser or winner and Brevett celebrated David May style by jumping on top of the rest of the QPR players (who had actually contributed to the goal) and giving the southbank a whole load back :evil:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 31 Mar 2010 12:31

Archie's penalty Who is TBBM?

Me with a stutter

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 31 Mar 2010 12:44

I was sat behind a rambuncious old lady a couple of years back at a game in which David Unsworth was on the opposing team (i guess it must have been Sheff Utd). Her seat was practically pitchside and Unsworth came over for a throw. She had clapped and made the odd noise throughout the game but something about Unsworth must have really bothered her because she managed to haul herself from the seat before screaming at hi when he was no more than 12 ft away

"UNSWORTH!!! YOU F*CKING FOSSIL!!!"

before quietly sitting back in her seat whilst everyone around creased up with laughter as poor Unsworth tried to comprehend the bizarreness of the insult.
Last edited by Ups and Downs on 31 Mar 2010 13:16, edited 1 time in total.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 31 Mar 2010 12:48

TBM
Archie's penalty Who is TBBM?

Me with a stutter

:lol:

Beef

by Beef » 31 Mar 2010 13:04

A few years back, sat in front of me was a Dad with two youngsters, boy and girl, probably aged about 6 or 7. Crowd is singing "Fcuk off Mark McGhee" to the tune of Daydream Believer. Little boy turns to Dad and says, "Daddy, who's Mark McGhee?" Little girl jumps in very confidently: " He's a cnut, isn't he Daddy?" :o The poor Dad had a look on his face that was a mixture of pride, and horror.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 31 Mar 2010 14:09

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually LOL'd at that!!

Thames

by Thames » 31 Mar 2010 14:15

Had an absolute mong sat behind me VS Donny @ Home this season who just spoke (very loudly) about his extreme drug use all game.

Man...I snorted so much Coke last week it felt like I was back on Crystal Meth. I used to do so much of that stuff.

Gets to 80 minutes in a very boring game

I need some speed to liven this stuff up maaaan

As he's walking out the ground

I'm gonna have a massive joint tonight

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 31 Mar 2010 15:53

Beef A few years back, sat in front of me was a Dad with two youngsters, boy and girl, probably aged about 6 or 7. Crowd is singing "Fcuk off Mark McGhee" to the tune of Daydream Believer. Little boy turns to Dad and says, "Daddy, who's Mark McGhee?" Little girl jumps in very confidently: " He's a cnut, isn't he Daddy?" :o The poor Dad had a look on his face that was a mixture of pride, and horror.

This is the winner by a mile :lol:

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 31 Mar 2010 16:10

Thames Had an absolute mong sat behind me VS Donny @ Home this season who just spoke (very loudly) about his extreme drug use all game.

Man...I snorted so much Coke last week it felt like I was back on Crystal Meth. I used to do so much of that stuff.

Gets to 80 minutes in a very boring game

I need some speed to liven this stuff up maaaan

As he's walking out the ground

I'm gonna have a massive joint tonight

Were you sat in front of Brendy m8?? Other than the mong bit of course.

North Eaat royal
Location: Part of that defence that didn't turn up after 2.45 on Sunday

by North Eaat royal » 31 Mar 2010 20:22

Medusa? At Colchester vs QPR (I believe - an early Parky-in-charge game), the refs warm up in front of us.

We sing "Worse than Graham Poll..."

Paul Durkin turns round and just says "I'm not having that"

I remember reading fans singing that to the ref at arsenal in the first PL season and the ref turned round smiled and shook his head.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 01 Apr 2010 10:26

Beef A few years back, sat in front of me was a Dad with two youngsters, boy and girl, probably aged about 6 or 7. Crowd is singing "Fcuk off Mark McGhee" to the tune of Daydream Believer. Little boy turns to Dad and says, "Daddy, who's Mark McGhee?" Little girl jumps in very confidently: " He's a cnut, isn't he Daddy?" :o The poor Dad had a look on his face that was a mixture of pride, and horror.

^^^ This. PMSL. I await the day when my spawn utter words of such acute observation.

Agent Balti
Hob Nob Regular

by Agent Balti » 01 Apr 2010 10:59

Big Ern A couple I remember
Another game, at the Mad, cant remember who against, but someone shouted to the aged Ray Houghton, "Use Your Pace Ray"

That was meeee!!! Tongue firmly in cheek, au naturelle.

Other genius put downs of note that I recall...

To Dave Kitson when at Cambridge "You're a lanky ginger pcunt!"...and then we signed him.

At Swansea when we tonked them 6-1. "We've got a Taffy in our end..." That was me. Singing about me, not me singing it on my own, that would be weird.

One which I truly cringe at every time I think of it is when I brought a mate to EP a few times. Now he wasn't really into football, so didn't quite get the chants and that. But we we're woefully shit at the time, probably under Branfoot, when he came out with the immortal line "Get the ball forward more!" I could have died on the spot.

But I guess my all time favourite was at EP, Sunderland were the opposition and they were getting dogs abuse all game. One particular blonde 'lady' didn't respond to the erstwhile cry of "Get your tits out for the lads"...so the South Bank turned on her with pure unadulterated vitriol. "YOU'VE GOT A PCUNT LIKE A BUCKET, PCUNT LIKE A BUUUCKET..." etc.

She was mortified, whilst her 'man' tried to be a one man army against us all who were by this time wetting ourselves (probably quite literally with the stench of some of the old boys in the South Bank!)

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 01 Apr 2010 15:54

tee peg

This is the winner by a mile :lol:

That boy, for the record, is Reading's No.1 Fan.

The first time he stood up and shouted "Oi Reading, that was shit" was...well, the look on Mum & Dad's face was ber-illiant.

Far Canal

by Far Canal » 01 Apr 2010 18:48

Agent Balti
But I guess my all time favourite was at EP, Sunderland were the opposition and they were getting dogs abuse all game. One particular blonde 'lady' didn't respond to the erstwhile cry of "Get your tits out for the lads"...so the South Bank turned on her with pure unadulterated vitriol. "YOU'VE GOT A PCUNT LIKE A BUCKET, PCUNT LIKE A BUUUCKET..." etc.

She was mortified, whilst her 'man' tried to be a one man army against us all who were by this time wetting ourselves (probably quite literally with the stench of some of the old boys in the South Bank!)

Her "man" was then met with the chant.........."and you've got to oxf*rd it!"

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 14 Apr 2010 00:12

Good one from tonight's game..all the more impressive as it was a young lad who should not have developed such wit yet. HRK pushed over Andy Carroll to help out Berti and the lad shouts "He fell over his tag, ref !"..made me chuckle. :)

140 posts