'Long as good as Doyle' - Hammond

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: 'Long as good as Doyle' - Hammond

by Terminal Boardom » 03 Jun 2010 11:54

Ian Royal Hang on... Long must be just about our highest RFC career goalscorer amongst the current players... That's depressing.

9 ahead of Gylfi and 12 ahead of Hunt. :lol: (league only of course)

The stats were a hell of a lot worse at the start of last season. And, I would much rather have Long start a game instead of Rasiak.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 03 Jun 2010 13:05

Hoop Blah
Wax Jacket I'm not a habitual Hammond-basher in the slightest and i can see that he's doing this to keep the player's spirits up but in this case, he's just plain wrong

Exactly.

This is a perfect example of why it's not usually worth reading most of the guff that comes out of players and managers mouths as they always have an agenda or spin that dictates what they can and can't say.

Long has some good attributes and does have potential to go on and be better than he is, but then he has serious flaws and weaknesses that mean it's unlikely to happen. Doyle on the other hand doesn't have any obvious weaknesses and is making the best of his strengths and is by far the better player.

This PR rubbish is just so boring. Look at the last World Cup for instance, all we heard at the time (and from every squad under every manager for that matter) is that it was the most united and focused squad the players had ever been involved with for England. Now the papers are full of how divisive it was and how bad the atmosphere was.

General rule is don't believe anything you read of hear coming from a footballers mouth.

I agree with everything there.
As for Shane Long I have never been a great fan of his as I don't see him as a Premiership player but he did so much better last season at Championship level so there could yet be a bit more to come.
Doyle has gone from strength to strength and is definitely of Premiership quality and I can see him going to a top 6 side where,with better players around him,he would do even better.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Jun 2010 13:17

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/8 ... DOYLE.html

Doubt Long would get two of the best managers in world football to say things like this about him.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 06 Jun 2010 21:36

Ian (hardly ever goes to a match) Royal said What a ridiculously biased anti-Hammond view

Its not anti anyone. Just stating the facts based on actually watching Hammond play rather than relying on the Radio and what I have sen and heard first hand.

Sun Tzu said I think you are right.

I also think we should ignore the views of second rate (did they actually get that far ?) former players like Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger, Sven Goran Eriksson and Alex Ferguson !

If footballing ability was all it took to be a manager then why aren't Gazza and Pele managing teams ?

LOL. The fact that Hammond is not an alcoholic like Gazza or a multi millionaire like Pele might have something to do with it. Anyway you raise an interesting point. Why is Hammond not a manager rather than SJM's lapdog?

As for the successful managers you mention their opinion is mostly worth listening to as unlike the lapdog they have proved themselves. I say mostly as I recall Brenda quoting the advice of Mourinho on training that to become an expert pianist you dont run around the piano - you play it. This led Brenda to reduce fitness traing in favour of ball work which led young Shane to add being overweight and slow to his woeful first touch which made him completely useless during the early part of the season.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 06 Jun 2010 21:50

North Somerset Royal
LOL. The fact that Hammond is not an alcoholic like Gazza or a multi millionaire like Pele might have something to do with it. Anyway you raise an interesting point. Why is Hammond not a manager rather than SJM's lapdog?

That's not an interesting point. Except to a fool !

Why is Graeme Swann an outstanding spin bowler rather than a fast bowler ? Why is Lionel Messi not a goal keeper ? Why is Howard Webb a referee not a full back ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jun 2010 21:51

North Somerset Royal
Ian (hardly ever goes to a match) Royal said What a ridiculously biased anti-Hammond view

Its not anti anyone. Just stating the facts based on actually watching Hammond play rather than relying on the Radio and what I have sen and heard first hand.

I wouldn't need to have gone to a match to know you're talking rubbish. But as it happens I saw Hammond play a fair few games back when I actually lived within 20 miles of the ground.

Not that his playing prowess has anything to do with his skills as a DoF. But you obviously think slagging a guy off for something completely irrelevant is intelligent commentary.

It's pretty obvious you're anti at least two people. Hammond and me. Happily I'm sure neither of us give two shits about your retarded opinion.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 07 Jun 2010 13:14

Ian Royal
North Somerset Royal

I wouldn't need to have gone to a match to know you're talking rubbish. But as it happens I saw Hammond play a fair few games back when I actually lived within 20 miles of the ground.

Not that his playing prowess has anything to do with his skills as a DoF. But you obviously think slagging a guy off for something completely irrelevant is intelligent commentary.

It's pretty obvious you're anti at least two people. Hammond and me. Happily I'm sure neither of us give two shits about your retarded opinion.

LOL. I am just anti people who talk out of their arses. Unfortunately the people who have the most time to post on HNA are generally those who spend less time actually watching the matches and are thus the least informed.

Sun Tzu
North Somerset Royal

That's not an interesting point. Except to a fool like me !

Why is Graeme Swann an outstanding spin bowler rather than a fast bowler ? Why is Lionel Messi not a goal keeper ? Why is Howard Webb a referee not a full back ?

And why do you spend so much time posting on here rather than getting a life?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 07 Jun 2010 13:34

How do you know Hammond is a lap dog to SJM?

It's a pretty strong statement and you must have 1st hand knowledge of how the club is run and what Hammond exact role is within it.

Would be interesting to share with everyone.

Unless of course you are just making statements with nothing to back them up? Which would seem pretty stupid....

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 07 Jun 2010 18:28

North Somerset Royal And why do you spend so much time posting on here rather than getting a life?

I can fit a life in alongside 5 mins a day on HNA thankyou !!

Not sure what gap it fills for you, is it classed as some kind of occupational therapy ?

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 08 Jun 2010 15:46

LOLong.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 09 Jun 2010 16:00

North Somerset Royal
As for the successful managers you mention their opinion is mostly worth listening to as unlike the lapdog they have proved themselves. I say mostly as I recall Brenda quoting the advice of Mourinho on training that to become an expert pianist you dont run around the piano - you play it. This led Brenda to reduce fitness traing in favour of ball work which led young Shane to add being overweight and slow to his woeful first touch which made him completely useless during the early part of the season.

As has been pointed out elsewhere recently, Long's problems were also attributed to his over training in the summer and bulking up too much from his boxing training.

Basically you're talking crap.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jun 2010 20:26

North Somerset Royal
Ian Royal

LOL. I am just anti people who talk out of their arses. Unfortunately the people who have the most time to post on HNA are generally those who spend less time actually watching the matches and are thus the least informed.

Sun Tzu
North Somerset Royal

That's not an interesting point. Except to a fool like me !

And why do you spend so much time posting on here rather than getting a life?

Must be hard being anti yourself. Remind me again what it is that going to games tells you about Hammond's role of DoF?

zummerset

by zummerset » 09 Jun 2010 20:31

You guys talk so much hate filled invective that its hard to work out who you are fighting with anymore :shock:

Peace and love....Zummers

zummerset

by zummerset » 09 Jun 2010 20:33

Oh and returning to the point of the thread Long is in no way as good as Doyle (but he tries pretty hard mind)

Cookie

by Cookie » 09 Jun 2010 21:29

Long as good a Doyle?
He should have gone to Specsavers

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Nov 2010 11:08

Archie's penalty http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/800829/WENGER-WEIGHS-UP-SHOCK-MOVE-FOR-DOYLE.html

Doubt Long would get two of the best managers in world football to say things like this about him.

What did they say? Was it anything like Trappatoni said recently (about Long)?

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 12 Nov 2010 12:04

can you not just leave this sort of useless crap to the other Long thread Snowball?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 12 Nov 2010 12:07

Why? Just pointing out when people get things 100% wrong.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 12 Nov 2010 12:13

Snowball Why? Just pointing out when people get things 100% wrong.

Brian McDermott is not as well respected in world football as Arsene Wenger so how is that 100% wrong?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Nov 2010 12:36

Snowball Why? Just pointing out when people get things 100% wrong.

So who got what 100% wrong on this thread then?