Rasiak has left..

153 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rasiak has left..

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2010 00:11

Focher i liked Rasiak, gave us different dimension.

Most will be happy but i think its a bad move by us.

I agree and am a little surprised by this tbh.

He might not've been pretty to watch but he got a fair few goals by just being big and getting in the way, if ntohing else.

He provided us with something different.

Now we have nothig different, especially with Mooney out the picture too - just short, mediocre strikers who are much of a muchness.

:shock:

Unless BM has something great up his sleeve with a big target man to join imminently, I'm surprised.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2010 00:14

Alan Partridge What I find really hard to fathom is how this 'well run club' can't seemingly do what every other club in the country can do and sign a couple of players in positions where there are obvious massive holes. Even Portsmouth have been able to get Sonko and the full back from Stoke as they are short. How can a club that whilst I accept has had to be a lot more stringent on the transfer coffers this year, simply be in a position where signing half decent players on loan is complete pie in the sky. Going into championship matches with Gunnarsson and Pearce at centre back (without a massive injury crisis out of the blue) is completely unacceptable in my opinion. Feel sorry for Mcdermott because he'll take the can for this when results inevitably get worse if these two remain at centre half for an extended length of time.

McDermott is the first RFC manager for a LOT of years, we're talking 15-20 years to be given literally nothing on a player budget for a season. How can things be that bad here?

Back of the net.

Agree 100%

Top post. Words out of my mouth (and 1000s of others' I'm sure).

I removed "Madejski Out" from my profile blurb when I (eventually) realised he made a fantastic decision to swap BR for BM and things were moving in the right direction with success imminent. But that's quickly evaporating and my initial assessment of Madejski's ambition for the club are looking more realistic.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 21 Aug 2010 00:18

That was poor management on Forest's part not the same as being completely unable to bring anyone in. They bought Shorey in for a bit and aren't making the same mistake this season by signing Bertrand. Not quite sure what point you were making WR really. I can only presume on their part they had someone capable of playing there even if it wasn't his favoured position. I don't know very much about Forest to be honest.

Reading have gone into a season with 3 centre halves, one of which is injured for the foreseeable future, one of which's quality is seriously up for debate.

Let a high wage earner go despite it leaving a fair sized gap in the squad and yet still are incapable according to the manager of making that much needed defensive signing. To be in this situation doesn't really strike me as being 'well run'.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 21 Aug 2010 00:20

They can have Sonko, never been the same since that injury

Rasiak?
Targetman?

I'll have the ball to my laces please, to my feet, I ain't moving.

A hat-stand will provide more than adequate cover.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 21 Aug 2010 00:22

readingbedding They can have Sonko, never been the same since that injury

Rasiak?
Targetman?

Heh. Rasiak wasn't quite the player i expected, reminded me a lot of Goater. Both however given chances would stick them away in fairness.

Whilst I agree on Sonko, i would still pick him every day of the week instead of Alex Pearce who unlike Sonko has never actually been any good.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2010 01:19

readingbedding They can have Sonko, never been the same since that injury

Rasiak?
Targetman?

Then we need to sign a hat stand.

Better than nothing, which I will refuse to accept.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Aug 2010 08:44

Victor Meldrew
PEARCEY
Sir Dodger Royal Wasn't Razza second top scorer? Interesting that Reading now have a Plan A with midget strikers running about aimlessly and now have NO PLAN B. But course we are aiming for the Premiership according to the Madman!

What a joke club. Going no where. The Madman needs to get together with Oyston at Blackpool and resign as well.

What a clownnnnnnnnnn Real facts.

You do have a point. We really have no height up-front although Long and Hunt are decent jumpers..

They are for their size.
It will be meat and drink if we play long-ball tomorrow as Morgan and Wilson will be able to stand there all day and just nod the ball away.

Got it! Plan B is therefore to win the 2nd ball.....

under the tin

by under the tin » 21 Aug 2010 09:17

Got it! Plan B is therefore to win the 2nd ball.....[/quote]
If we try and get 2 balls on the pitch, the ref will snag the multi ball system...............

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 21 Aug 2010 11:04

Rasiak did give us another dimension, but there are a lot of clubs that that play without a target man successfully. We just need to adapt our style of play to suit the forwards we have.

I will despair if we keep lumping balls into the box tomorrow though.

I'm also confused how Rasiaks wages are too high for us, but affordable for a Cypriot league side. What is the standard of league they play in?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 21 Aug 2010 11:14

PieEater Rasiak did give us another dimension, but there are a lot of clubs that that play without a target man successfully. We just need to adapt our style of play to suit the forwards we have.

I will despair if we keep lumping balls into the box tomorrow though.

I'm also confused how Rasiaks wages are too high for us, but affordable for a Cypriot league side. What is the standard of league they play in?

Maybe their chairman has genuine ambition and is prepared to put his money where his mouth is in terms of fulfilling that.

Maybe it just shows how tight a budget McD is being told he has to work to.

The way we are going, we ought to be able to save the salary of an assistant kit man as well. The kit man should be able to do it all on his own!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Aug 2010 11:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Focher i liked Rasiak, gave us different dimension.

Most will be happy but i think its a bad move by us.

I agree and am a little surprised by this tbh.

He might not've been pretty to watch but he got a fair few goals by just being big and getting in the way, if ntohing else.

He provided us with something different.

Now we have nothig different, especially with Mooney out the picture too - just short, mediocre strikers who are much of a muchness.

:shock:

Unless BM has something great up his sleeve with a big target man to join imminently, I'm surprised.

Kingsley, a 7-foot-tall (2.1 m) bipedal lion, is the official mascot of Reading Football Club

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 21 Aug 2010 11:20

readingbedding Happy about that...
Off to Cyprus, his ambition has matched his work rate for Reading and the previous club he loafed around for.

Won't be missed.

exactly

No passion at all - just a lump

Glad he is off

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 21 Aug 2010 11:29

The whole year inn
Off to Cyprus, his ambition has matched his work rate for Reading and the previous club he loafed around for.

Won't be missed.

exactly

Glad he is off

That will come back to haunt you as we begin to cry out for 9 goals from a player!

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 21 Aug 2010 11:36

You probably have never heard of Noel Hunt....

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 21 Aug 2010 12:06

RoyalBlue
The whole year inn

Won't be missed.

exactly

Glad he is off

That will come back to haunt you as we begin to cry out for 9 goals from a player!

No more journeyman donkeys please

He is an awful player

working class hero

by working class hero » 21 Aug 2010 12:48

so youd prefer someone to come in, with no real interest in the club, who just wants in on the football gravy train,who will at some point in the near or distant future want to leave taking all of his cash, and most of the profits with him leaving us in a worse position?

Does anyone really think that City or Chelsea are owned by men daft enough to expect to get their money back? City are already a billion down. So if we got an owner willing to waste his cash like that then it would be fine with me.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Aug 2010 13:25

Alan Partridge
CMRoyal
Snowball So an expensive wage-earner gone... enough for a CB?

Not on your nelly.

And a worrying sign in my opinion. We're willing to let him go for free just to get him off the payroll. We must be seriously strapped at the moment. More seriously than many of us thought.

Impossible. Reading are a well run club. They tell us so all the time.

No one runs a better ship than Reading.

And remember we still have the untouched miLOLLOLions that Coppell chose not to spend because he was a very bad manager...... :lol: :wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Aug 2010 13:42

working class hero
so youd prefer someone to come in, with no real interest in the club, who just wants in on the football gravy train,who will at some point in the near or distant future want to leave taking all of his cash, and most of the profits with him leaving us in a worse position?

Does anyone really think that City or Chelsea are owned by men daft enough to expect to get their money back? City are already a billion down. So if we got an owner willing to waste his cash like that then it would be fine with me.

they get the opportunity of the glory with those two clubs thoughy, the prestige.
we dont have that, so will have to rely on getting someone who likes throwing money away- not many millionaires like that, for obvious reasons

working class hero

by working class hero » 21 Aug 2010 15:19

brendywendy
working class hero

they get the opportunity of the glory with those two clubs thoughy, the prestige.
we dont have that, so will have to rely on getting someone who likes throwing money away- not many millionaires like that, for obvious reasons

Spend a billion on RFC [or even Reading Town] and I think you would have a chance of glory!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Aug 2010 16:35

Not on a very large or important scale, for a very long time.

153 posts