Madman: Your time is Uppppppppppp

181 posts
Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Madman: Your time is Uppppppppppp

by Einstein agogo » 25 Aug 2010 18:41

Sir Dodger Royal I see that Hampshire Royal is still braindead.

Typical RTG. No Brain No Sense.

Listen to Dodger. You now it makes sense. Live a little. Learn a Lot. Real Facts.

..errrr that's "know" not "now" is your "k" key a little suspect?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 25 Aug 2010 19:10

SLAMMED on 25th August 00:05 As soon as we lose a game Thou Voice reappears. :roll:

Just need SDR to return now to make the duo complete.

PredictabLOLe. :roll:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 25 Aug 2010 20:02

I am happy to wait to see what happens over the next few days in relation to new players, however, past history shows that Madejski wil be looking to unload some and bring in none, if the "big" players go, Sigs, Mcanuff and rumours of Howard (palace interested) do depart, then the knives will be well and truly out for him, and deservedly so. We can all aknowledge what he has done since he came to the club, but, in all honesty since the heady days of 8th in the Premiership his value to the club has become minimal to say the least.

We are consistently been thrown the millions that we are in debt, the overbearing question there as asked many times is where has all the cash gone that we have acquired over the past 5 years, stadium improvements, infrastructure improvements etc.........they are expensive, but hell we have taken a enormous amount of money from the Prem, parachute payments and transfer fees. We seem to be the investment that Madejski can control, and as a result, use to prop up his other failing investments.

Come the middle of next week we should finally get an answer to what his ambitions are for the football club, and might just put an end to his "determination to get back into the Premiership" statements.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Aug 2010 20:42

howser I am happy to wait to see what happens over the next few days in relation to new players, however, past history shows that Madejski wil be looking to unload some and bring in none, if the "big" players go, Sigs, Mcanuff and rumours of Howard (palace interested) do depart, then the knives will be well and truly out for him, and deservedly so. We can all aknowledge what he has done since he came to the club, but, in all honesty since the heady days of 8th in the Premiership his value to the club has become minimal to say the least.

We are consistently been thrown the millions that we are in debt, the overbearing question there as asked many times is where has all the cash gone that we have acquired over the past 5 years, stadium improvements, infrastructure improvements etc.........they are expensive, but hell we have taken a enormous amount of money from the Prem, parachute payments and transfer fees. We seem to be the investment that Madejski can control, and as a result, use to prop up his other failing investments.

Come the middle of next week we should finally get an answer to what his ambitions are for the football club, and might just put an end to his "determination to get back into the Premiership" statements.

To be fair to the daft old coot, the money made from the prem wiped out most of the debt that had been accrued. Suffice to say though that the club still owes the duffer bundles more wonga.

working class hero

by working class hero » 25 Aug 2010 21:51

How much more can he be owed???

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 Aug 2010 22:08

working class hero How much more can he be owed???

Looking at the figures posted on here to an earlier response to a question I posed, the perm league money paid off what had been overspent for the previous 5 years or so. It does not cover all the money that the duffer coughed up to keep the club afloat when we were at Elm Park. Where did the money come from for Leroy Lita? I am not defending the daft old coot but merely stating some oft repeated facts.

working class hero

by working class hero » 25 Aug 2010 23:17

Quite frankly if 2 years in the Prem and 2 years parachute does not give you a cushion then you are NOT a well run club! Oyston seems to have it sussed with a £10,000 pw limit.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 25 Aug 2010 23:57

Good grief. Where would that cushion have come from then? The only thing money could have been saved on was the wages and / or transfer fees. If we had spent less the chances of avoiding relegation would of course have been much smaller.

Madejski didn't take us down. Coppell did. Coppell was given the money to sign players in the Jan tfr window but he decided new signings might unsettle the squad and, in any case, he felt the existing squad was good enough to stay up without further investment.

Coppell got it wrong, and we are still paying the price for it.

In the 1st year in the Championship Madejski did not insist on a firesale - many of the supposed best players stayed, and on high wages for that division. Despite Madejski supporting the manager to the point where, despite the parachute payment, we still traded at a loss, Coppell failed to take us up.

All that is very harsh on Coppell of course, but pretty factual nonetheless and far less harsh than the stupid rantings seen on this board every day that are directed at Madejski.

As for the thread starter, he was of course saying almost exactly the same thing through the entirety of 2004/5, and immediately after the 1st game of 2005/6; then, for some reason he suddenly went quiet for a year or 2.

Sloth

by Sloth » 26 Aug 2010 01:25

Dodger Royal, were you born a complete cvnt or did you have to go to college? You really are are pointless tit. :roll:

Hoping for a oxf*rd off newbie comment. I really know I have arrived then.. :mrgreen:

joe999

by joe999 » 26 Aug 2010 01:46

Excellent post Dodger. A few people actually speaking out against the lack of investment and something might actually get done!

Getting fed up of the RTGs taking any crap that the board dishes out.

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 26 Aug 2010 03:04

Sloth Dodger Royal, were you born a complete cvnt or did you have to go to college? You really are are pointless tit. :roll:

Hoping for a oxf*rd off newbie comment. I really know I have arrived then.. :mrgreen:

I'll oblige, but I don't know if I'm suitably qualified...

oxf*rd off newbie

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Aug 2010 09:01

Royal Rother Coppell got it wrong, and we are still paying the price for it.

Yes, let's not lose sight of that element, brilliant though he is as a person and was in building the side he was utterly useless at evolving it when required.

However this is being compounded by the lack of speculation and investment as it would seem JM still does not realise that football is not like other businesses and you can't let it look after itself. He either needs to sell up in the best interests of the club or sell up his other interests and concentrate on the football.

As an aside to all this how much longer will he be able to go on, I know he's a fairly fit and active sort of chap but surely at his time of life he must be getting somewhat tired of all the same old difficulties and hassles and pressures be they from the football club or other businesses.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 26 Aug 2010 09:16

How long did Doug Ellis linger for at Villa?

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 26 Aug 2010 09:17

Barry the bird boggler He either needs to sell up in the best interests of the club or sell up his other interests and concentrate on the football.

I know which of those I'd choose if forced to. Let me see... sell my other businesses and potentially endanger the liveliehoods of hundreds of honest, hard working people earning good but sensible wages in order to feed the obscene greed of the players, agents and morally bankrupt football culture for as long as that cash may last, or....

Hmm. Tough one.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Aug 2010 09:19

working class hero Quite frankly if 2 years in the Prem and 2 years parachute does not give you a cushion then you are NOT a well run club! Oyston seems to have it sussed with a £10,000 pw limit.

What about the 15/20 plus years prior to that where the club was losing money - don't you think some or all of the money from those years may have gone to repair some of that financial mess?

Though I'm equally as astonished we aren't spending any money when the team has at least one glaring weakness in terms of numbers, I'm not surprised that the money we have earnt over the past few years has gone.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 26 Aug 2010 09:25

I found a list of the losses since before 1995, over the 16 odd years the total loss made is still less than what is owed to SJM, and we have a shiney new stadium as well. Site worth a look here to see how folk can get money out of clubs unnoticed.

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/ ... ldings-plc

and here is the link to the other seasons

http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/ ... ldings-plc

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 26 Aug 2010 11:46

The biggest mistake Sir John has made is allowing himself to be swayed by a few short-sighted fans. If he'd stuck to his guns and given his full backing to Rodgers, the future for Reading would be a lot brighter.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 26 Aug 2010 11:50

ROKERITE The biggest mistake Sir John has made is allowing himself to be swayed by a few short-sighted fans. If he'd stuck to his guns and given his full backing to Rodgers, the future for Reading would be a lot brighter.

LOL

Yellowcoat

by Yellowcoat » 26 Aug 2010 11:57

HSSC the figures you have highlighted still show accumulated pre tax losses of over 15 million pounds (even with a missing year). Yet again making a nonsense about 'where has all the money gone' from the Premier League. People believe SJM is taking money back out of the club without any evidence to support this view. Given the state of the finances this is even less likely but the next available accounts will enable the facts to be established. Trouble is that headline figures of transfer fees are believed wrongly to be instant cash and no account whatsoever is taken of the considerable running costs and higher salaries than most expect. A tinge of realism is needed by the usual squad of harsher critics who appear to have no knowledge of running businesses from their ill informed rants.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 26 Aug 2010 12:04

Did, or did not, JM pay for the extension to the hotel out of some of the money from the football club - under "something or other Holdings Ltd"?

181 posts