Gylfi is leaving Reading

1419 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 00:13

Its just amazing how he spent all that time building the stadium and building the club brick by brick, we hit them amazing highs in the prem, so close to Europe even! And now we are just slowly going backwards season by season... Wheres the passion gone? its like all the hard-work was pointless. I didnt mind a few squad players leaving and not really buying, because i like the fact we bringing through all the youngsters....But this would be a punch in the stomach for me

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 30 Aug 2010 00:15

I would definitely consider not renewing my ST next year if this is how it's going to be from now on. Why should I invest my money if the chairman wont.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 00:15

Can see Jobi going this window & Kebe going in the summer. Why would he stay at a club with no ambition whatsoever? Should all our flair players go I won't be renewing my ST.

WTF is going on John?!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 00:15

And its not even like Glyfi(by the sounds of it) is pushing for a move.....

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 30 Aug 2010 00:15

There has to be some urgent cash flow problems and the need for instant cash. Otherwise, disillusion fans by selling off our most promising academy youngster in years and risking league 1 is not beneficial to the club's long term health. I'm trusting that Madejski, a sound businessman, can recognize this and this is merely speculation. If not, my opinion of him will also begin to change. Especially when you consider that Gylfi has consistently stated that he's happy here fore 1 more year at least.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 00:16

If he goes i seriously think we should protest at the next home game....

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Aug 2010 00:17

SLAMMED I would definitely consider not renewing my ST next year if this is how it's going to be from now on. Why should I invest my money if the chairman wont.

Agreed

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 00:18

rhroyal There has to be some urgent cash flow problems and the need for instant cash. Otherwise, disillusion fans by selling off our most promising academy youngster in years and risking league 1 is not beneficial to the club's long term health. I'm trusting that Madejski, a sound businessman, can recognize this and this is merely speculation. If not, my opinion of him will also begin to change. Especially when you consider that Gylfi has consistently stated that he's happy here fore 1 more year at least.

Come off it! What urgent problem could there possibly be? RFC are chasing the benjamin whilst his stock is high. End of.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 00:19

I have accepted the club selling of some of our legends ` Kitson, Doyle, Shorey,Harper,Sonko` over the last couple of seasons, but this is becoming a joke

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2010 00:20

Agree with all comments and glad that it's not just me being hot-headed.

Sick and tired of what Madejski has done to the club ever since the second season in the Prem. Got us to the promised land then totally bottled it and wants out.

This will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

It's just a case of waiting now with the faint glimmer of hope that the normally solid Icelandicstokie is actually wrong about this...

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 00:21

2 world wars, 1 world cup Agree with all comments and glad that it's not just me being hot-headed.

Sick and tired of what Madejski has done to the club ever since the second season in the Prem. Got us to the promised land then totally bottled it and wants out.

It's just a case of waiting now with the faint glimmer of hope that the normally solid Icelandicstokie is actually wrong about this...

Yeh i agree, this will do it for me aswell. Not going to sleep well tonight

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 00:22

2 world wars, 1 world cup Agree with all comments and glad that it's not just me being hot-headed.

My glimmer of hope is that the Mirror are usually so off the mark when it comes to RFC rumours...

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 30 Aug 2010 00:24

Is our clubs goal in life to bumble along not really doing anything of note, and when a decent player falls into our hands, sell them on for a profit and continue as we left off.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Aug 2010 00:24

We would literally go from potential play off candidates to relegation scrapping side overnight! The morale such a transfer would do to the rest of the playing staff, i dread to think.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 30 Aug 2010 00:25

My heart says i just cant see McDermott ever considering letting him go with such a barebones team already.

But my head says a chance to win the bundesliga on higher wages would tempt any footballer, no matter how loyal they were previously.

fck sake :cry:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 30 Aug 2010 00:25

MmmMonsterMunch
rhroyal There has to be some urgent cash flow problems and the need for instant cash. Otherwise, disillusion fans by selling off our most promising academy youngster in years and risking league 1 is not beneficial to the club's long term health. I'm trusting that Madejski, a sound businessman, can recognize this and this is merely speculation. If not, my opinion of him will also begin to change. Especially when you consider that Gylfi has consistently stated that he's happy here fore 1 more year at least.

Come off it! What urgent problem could there possibly be? RFC are chasing the benjamin whilst his stock is high. End of.

I agree, what could there possibly be? But selling Siggy is entirely a short term cash fix and is damaging to the club in the long term. This is entirely different to selling off highly paid 05/06 legends who had already mentally left the club. I just don't see the sense of selling a player who:

1) Will help us generate more revenue by helping us play at a higher level.

2) Is happy to stay at the club

3) Will fetch a higher price in the future if we hang on to him a while.

4) Is on manageable wages.

People say Madejski no longer has his heart in the club and is only in it for the money. However selling Siggy would go beyond this; from where I am it would go against all the business sense that Mr.Mad originally used to get us where we are. For this reason, it simply has to speculation.

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 30 Aug 2010 00:28

He's being sold so we all get refunds on this year's season tickets, yes?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2010 00:30

willz_royal My heart says i just cant see McDermott ever considering letting him go with such a barebones team already.

But my head says a chance to win the bundesliga on higher wages would tempt any footballer, no matter how loyal they were previously.

fck sake :cry:

Wasn't BM having a very animated conversation with NH on the pitch at the last home game? Wonder if this is why!

Perhaps he should sell all the good players off in one go - one short sharp burst of pain rather than the drawn out strangulation of the fans! Saddens me looking at the state of that squad now. Someone remind me what the benefit was of getting into the PL?

Can't wait for next summers quote from John about how he is determined to get us into the Premier League.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 30 Aug 2010 00:31

MmmMonsterMunch Can't wait for next summers quote from John about how he is determined to get us into the Premier League.

Especially if we're in league 1 :lol:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Aug 2010 00:38

Google Hoffenheim and Gylfi, and it's spreading like wild fire!

1419 posts