We joke about these things.

But it's the way we're heading.

I am already missing Asaba.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 15:39

If we seriously wanted to hang on to Sigs and put the clause into a new contract to try and put other clubs off for a bit, why didn't we put a 6-8 million release clause in? The club KNEW someone would come in with a 3 million bid to trigger the release clause. Why then, unless there are 3 or 4 other clubs currently bidding, would Hoffenheim or whatever they're called bid upwards of 5 million? They can have him for 3 million (plus Gylfi's personal terms) - the club won't disclose the fee - it will be a shade over 3 million - if we'd waited til the summer, we'd have easily got double that. Great business sense. Not.

JM wanted to sell Gylfi - McD had no say in it.

It's a kick in the teeth for fans and remaining players alike imo. :cry: Did anyone else McD about selling players at the Star AGM does anyone know?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 15:40

I miss Tommy burns

Cookie

by Cookie » 30 Aug 2010 15:40

He's being badly advised, his advisors may see Hoffenheim as a bigger shop-window than Reading on the road to La Liga.

He has his own Spanish language tutor so that kind of indicates where his ambitions are at.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 15:40

Royal Lady If we seriously wanted to hang on to Sigs and put the clause into a new contract to try and put other clubs off for a bit, why didn't we put a 6-8 million release clause in? The club KNEW someone would come in with a 3 million bid to trigger the release clause. Why then, unless there are 3 or 4 other clubs currently bidding, would Hoffenheim or whatever they're called bid upwards of 5 million? They can have him for 3 million (plus Gylfi's personal terms) - the club won't disclose the fee - it will be a shade over 3 million - if we'd waited til the summer, we'd have easily got double that. Great business sense. Not.

It's a kick in the teeth for fans and remaining players alike imo. :cry: Did anyone else McD about selling players at the Star AGM does anyone know?

I dont think it will be £3m probably closer to £5m

toppy
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by toppy » 30 Aug 2010 15:41

Royal Lady If we seriously wanted to hang on to Sigs and put the clause into a new contract to try and put other clubs off for a bit, why didn't we put a 6-8 million release clause in? The club KNEW someone would come in with a 3 million bid to trigger the release clause. Why then, unless there are 3 or 4 other clubs currently bidding, would Hoffenheim or whatever they're called bid upwards of 5 million? They can have him for 3 million (plus Gylfi's personal terms) - the club won't disclose the fee - it will be a shade over 3 million - if we'd waited til the summer, we'd have easily got double that. Great business sense. Not.

do we know the cause was 3m?

IcelandicStokie

by IcelandicStokie » 30 Aug 2010 15:42

The fee is higher than has been mentioned on here. Hoffenheim are on the sugerdaddy welfare system so no shortage there.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 15:43

IcelandicStokie The fee is higher than has been mentioned on here. Hoffenheim are on the sugerdaddy welfare system so no shortage there.

is it a 100% done deal then stokie?

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 30 Aug 2010 15:43

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 15:45

IcelandicStokie The fee is higher than has been mentioned on here. Hoffenheim are on the sugerdaddy welfare system so no shortage there.

Then they're pretty stupid. If they have made the only bid they could have had him for 3 million!

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 15:46

Royal Lady

Then they're pretty stupid. If they have made the only bid they could have had him for 3 million!

We dont know what the release clause is!

Cookie

by Cookie » 30 Aug 2010 15:48

LoyalRoyal22

Yes he spoke a lot about it, there were quite a few questions about investment in the squad.
But I've said enough we're not supposed to post Fans Forum content on here. :lol:

You could always join STAR. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 15:48

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Aug 2010 15:49

It is £5.5Million.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 30 Aug 2010 15:49

Could we sign Pardew and Downs?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2010 15:50

winchester_royal

It is £5.5Million.

Winchester mate, how do you know that? Will ease the pain if i know for sure it aint less than £5m

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 Aug 2010 15:50

I have 5.5 million, ladies and gentlemen. Any advance on five point five million pounds?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 30 Aug 2010 15:52

LoyalRoyal22

I dont think it will be £3m probably closer to £5m

I've just heard from my German penpal that the fee is 1.75million rising to 2.25million after 50 appearances.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 15:52

RL, can you be a darling and unlock AE for me? Cheers.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 30 Aug 2010 15:52

£5.55 million actually

1419 posts