Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Gylfi is leaving Reading

by Arch » 30 Aug 2010 17:54

brendywendy
Royal With Cheese
Handsome Man Why is it locked?

Because it's generally inhabited by mongs.

if that were a reason, the team board would have gone years ago

My guess would be because it's nothing but trouble to Graham and closing it doesn't effect the revenue stream in any way. I doubt whether the advertisers give a shit about AE.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2010 17:56

brendywendy
RoyalBlue
strap
Chronic says £3M, Daily Mirror £4.25M, Sky £5M, so we are right to be sceptical. Odds on it being officially "undisclosed"?

I doubt anyone would give odds on that!

Another two fingers and dose of mushroom treatment for the supporters!

Odds on Madejski being prepared to take questions on the deal?

Far more likely that he will get one of his muppets to face the press. Maybe even add insult to injury by getting poor old McD to front it.

surely this is a football decision, taken by Bm and NH, based on what the team needs and what we can get. i doubt JM has owt to do with it, other than agreeing the budget at teh start of teh season

You can't be serious!!!

Did you not hear the recent Dellor interview with McDermott?

Made it absolutely clear that the Rasiak departure was because it was 'good for the club financially' and did not deny that he had lost a useful 'plan B' in terms of striker options.

Also sounded completely pissed off about the possibility of a player (or players) departing before the transfer window closed.

That money grabbing, cloth cutting egotistical barsteward Madejski's fingerprints are all over this deal.

And what's the betting we are then told we couldn't sign anyone before the deadline because we didn't know we were going to be selling Sig?

We've seen it all too many times before, despite Madejski's repeated b*llocks about ambition, well run club and return to the PL!

When they reduced season ticket prices, they didn't tell us we would still be paying first team prices to watch a team of walking wounded, reserves and academy youngsters! :twisted:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 17:56

joe999 Wendy, I have a theory that you are John Madejski himself. Either that or you have your tongue firmly up his arsehole every time you post on here. It gets boring.

tw@t

i think madejski is a wiggy nob.h8 the bloke. but hes the owner.im not backing him up. but if theres no money theres no money, and id imagine that the last few eeks has just shown BM that he cant get by with what weve got due to injuries etc, and has decided to take the most money he can get to get the players in that th eteam needs.
ive already said that if we dont get those player on the back of this, or if more top players leave, ill be very annoyed

joe999

by joe999 » 30 Aug 2010 17:57

RoyalBlue You can't be serious!!!

Made it absolutely clear that the Rasiak departure was because it was 'good for the club financially' and did not deny that he had lost a useful 'plan B' in terms of striker options.

Also sounded completely pissed off about the possibility of a player (or players) departing before the transfer window closed.

That money grabbing, cloth cutting egotistical barsteward Madejski's fingerprints are all over this deal.

And what's the betting we are then told we couldn't sign anyone before the deadline because we didn't know we were going to be selling Sig?

We've seen it all too many times before, despite Madejski's repeated b*llocks about ambition, well run club and return to the PL!

When they reduced season ticket prices, they didn't tell us we would still be paying first team prices to watch a team of walking wounded, reserves and academy youngsters! :twisted:

PLUS oxf*rd 1

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 17:58

RoyalBlue
brendywendy
RoyalBlue
I doubt anyone would give odds on that!

Another two fingers and dose of mushroom treatment for the supporters!

Odds on Madejski being prepared to take questions on the deal?

Far more likely that he will get one of his muppets to face the press. Maybe even add insult to injury by getting poor old McD to front it.

surely this is a football decision, taken by Bm and NH, based on what the team needs and what we can get. i doubt JM has owt to do with it, other than agreeing the budget at teh start of teh season

You can't be serious!!!

in the most recent interview didnt BM specifically state that if any one went, he already had replacements lined up?
either youre imagining it, or youre making stuff up

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 30 Aug 2010 17:58

Arch My guess would be because it's nothing but trouble to Graham and closing it doesn't effect the revenue stream in any way. I doubt whether the advertisers give a shit about AE.

We have advertisements?

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 30 Aug 2010 18:00

moo
Barry the bird boggler But will The Sig move? He may decide his career is better served by staying in the Championship for another season than by having all the upheaval of a different country, differnt language, settling in etc. - any icelanders already on Hufflepuff's books?

Well he has agreed terms and in Germany..so,yes. Unless he fails the medical. DVT one time.

source?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:01

We've had to "cut our cloth" for at least 2 years now - so despite all this cloth cutting, we have no money - even though all our high earners have gone and we got some pretty good money for the likes of Hunt and Doyle?

We were told we had to save 4 million - well, taking into account the money, however much it was, for the players who have gone this season, and minus their wages - we can only be about 2-3 million in debt, so if we get 5 million for Sig, B McD should have at least 2 million to spend.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 Aug 2010 18:01

pea
Arch My guess would be because it's nothing but trouble to Graham and closing it doesn't effect the revenue stream in any way. I doubt whether the advertisers give a shit about AE.

We have advertisements?

Yep. i've got some sort of holiday dealie from someone called Green Beagle flashing away. And every now and then an irritating voice tells me I've won something.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 30 Aug 2010 18:01

The way some of you are banging on about ambition and Madejski being greedy...well, I just hope you pay your credit card off each month.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:02

carry on with no defence and no strikers, or sell a luxury player we have to twist the team around just to fit him in?

if theres no money, we had no choice but to get the best value for what we can sell, and rebuild from there.
and thats fair enough imo
with the sales and wages gone already, plus this we could be in a position where we get the two players we need, plus we dont have to sell anyone for a whole season next year.

we tried to do ity just with players we wanted to go, but obviously its harder to shift these players, cos if we dont want them.....etc

unless no one comes in with this money of course, then i have already said ill be innefectually pissing and moaning with the best of you pissy moaners

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:02

Row Z Royal The way some of you are banging on about ambition and Madejski being greedy...well, I just hope you pay your credit card off each month.

I do actually - when I bother to use it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:03

Royal Lady We've had to "cut our cloth" for at least 2 years now - so despite all this cloth cutting, we have no money - even though all our high earners have gone and we got some pretty good money for the likes of Hunt and Doyle?

We were told we had to save 4 million - well, taking into account the money, however much it was, for the players who have gone this season, and minus their wages - we can only be about 2-3 million in debt, so if we get 5 million for Sig, B McD should have at least 2 million to spend.

gotta be summat like that hasnt it

shirley?

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 30 Aug 2010 18:03

Will be interesting to get Gylfi's take on this.

If he says it was a too good oportunity to miss and he's looking forward to the chance of champion's league football next year ( something that would be unlikely if he went to the prem with the Fulhams of this world ) then I think we have to accept that it's a great chance for the lad and best of luck to him.

If however he reveals he did not want to move and it's totally the club's doing then I think we can expect rioting in the streets come Sept 11th.

Not really been here long enough to qualify for immortality but the penalty at Anfield will be one of my greatest memories in 40 years as a Royal's fan.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:04

You'd hope so Bendy. If he's not given at least that much, will you, finally, admit that something must be wrong with the accounting? :wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 30 Aug 2010 18:04

Arch
pea

We have advertisements?

Yep. i've got some sort of holiday dealie from someone called Green Beagle flashing away. And every now and then an irritating voice tells me I've won something.

surely AE gets the most traffic anyway? and is therefore more interesting to advertisers?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 30 Aug 2010 18:05

brendywendy surely AE gets the most traffic anyway?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

no

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Aug 2010 18:05

Well, Matt Mills and Jimmy Kebe are now my favourite players - so it's 100% certain they'll both be off by the end of the season. Every time I like a player, he moves on shortly afterwards. :cry:

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 30 Aug 2010 18:06

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2010 18:06

brendywendy
RoyalBlue
brendywendy

You can't be serious!!!

in the most recent interview didnt BM specifically state that if any one went, he already had replacements lined up?
either youre imagining it, or youre making stuff up

Did I refer to the most recent interview?

If you'd care to check BBCRB archives you will probably find a copy of the interview. Not a word made up. Unlike certain people at the club. :twisted:

1419 posts