Lee Hendrie on trial at Reading FC

208 posts
soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Lee Hendrie on trial at Reading FC

by soggy biscuit » 02 Sep 2010 11:32

Pardsme He also asked what happened to the extra 6/7 million!? Gone into the Chairman's pockets?

oooh great point. You should deffo start a thread posing this question.

zummerset

by zummerset » 02 Sep 2010 15:35

At least Lee Hendrie has a fair trial.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 02 Sep 2010 16:13

NOT GUILTY

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 03 Sep 2010 00:19

Pardsme He also asked what happened to the extra 6/7 million!? Gone into the Chairman's pockets?

Please, please, tell me you are not falling for the usual anti-Madejski claptrap on here, I thought you were better than that.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Sep 2010 00:25

SpaceCruiser

Please, please, tell me you are not falling for the usual anti-Madejski claptrap on here, I thought you were better than that.

so you are happy?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 03 Sep 2010 00:29

SpaceCruiser

TBF six sevenths of a million is not that much by modern standards.

Pardsme

by Pardsme » 03 Sep 2010 09:06

SpaceCruiser

No, I was merely stating what my Brighton-supporting colleague said as from a neutral point of view he picked up on Madejski lining his pocket, as that not my quote. He also went onto say, looks like Madejski holding out for top dollar selling the club. What does he know?

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Sep 2010 09:45

Where else is the £6/7m going? I don't see it being spent on players. It certainly doesn't LOOK convincing so people can hardly be blamed for coming to these sorts of conclusions. As for holding out for top dollar, that also is very plausible.

It sounds like it's The Claptrappers Vs The Gullibles.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2010 09:52

Not at all there's a lot of us just asking for proof that he's taken the money. If it's there then fair enough.

At the moment, the only place we can expect it to be is in the clubs accounts - how we then use it is the only point for debate.

Ian Herring

by Ian Herring » 03 Sep 2010 09:57

The fact remains that anyone resembling Robbie Williams shouldn't be allowed to pull on a Reading shirt.

Robbie Williams and his look-a-likes are a cancer on the game I love.

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 03 Sep 2010 10:34

Ian Herring The fact remains that anyone resembling Robbie Williams shouldn't be allowed to pull on a Reading shirt.

Think he looks more like this:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2010 12:05

Man Friday Where else is the £6/7m going? I don't see it being spent on players. It certainly doesn't LOOK convincing so people can hardly be blamed for coming to these sorts of conclusions. As for holding out for top dollar, that also is very plausible.

its not "going" anywhere

it either stays to fill next years defecit, or it will go on more players fees and wages, for loans now, or in january

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 03 Sep 2010 12:11

brendywendy
Man Friday Where else is the £6/7m going? I don't see it being spent on players. It certainly doesn't LOOK convincing so people can hardly be blamed for coming to these sorts of conclusions. As for holding out for top dollar, that also is very plausible.

its not "going" anywhere

it either stays to fill next years defecit, or it will go on more players fees and wages, for loans now, or in january

If you knew your mortgage payments and household bills for the year were going to be £4,000 higher then your total income, and you suddenly received a tax refund of £6,000, would you go out and buy a car costing £6,000?

I know I wouldn't - I'd buy a cheaper car costing £2,000 and keep the £4,000 aside to make sure the books balance at the end of the year.

Hardly rocket science, is it? Just add a couple of zeroes.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2010 12:12

agreed- im amazed others are finding this so difficult to understand

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

by Dennis the Butler » 03 Sep 2010 12:42

+ 1

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Sep 2010 12:55

Svlad Cjelli
brendywendy

its not "going" anywhere

If you knew your mortgage payments and household bills for the year were going to be £4,000 higher then your total income, and you suddenly received a tax refund of £6,000, would you go out and buy a car costing £6,000?

Assuming I'm in the car racing industry and wish to gain promotion from Division 2 to Division 1
I'd fill the gap (assuming it reallly still exists) with the £4K and with the £2K I'd buy a car that improved my chances of achieving that promotion.

With a football club I'd expect any remaining balances to be spent on better players where needed e.g. a centre forward to improve the chances of promotion such that any projected deficit for the following year is completely erased by the windfall that is the PL. Not rocket science is it. It's called speculate (sensibly) to accumulate.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Sep 2010 12:58

Man Friday
Svlad Cjelli
brendywendy

its not "going" anywhere

Assuming I'm in the car racing industry and wish to gain promotion from Division 2 to Division 1
I'd fill the gap (assuming it reallly still exists) with the £4K and with the £2K I'd buy a car that improved my chances of achieving that promotion.

With a football club I'd expect any remaining balances to be spent on better players where needed e.g. a centre forward to improve the chances of promotion such that any projected deficit for the following year is completely erased by the windfall that is the PL. Not rocket science is it. It's called speculate (sensibly) to accumulate.

but if you spend it, you increase next seasons shortfall, and make it more likley that more players will have to be sold for financial reasons.

and that isntbrain surgery

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Sep 2010 13:05

...not if you get in the PL with the investment you don't. And we had a realistic chance of doing so.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm off to lunch.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Sep 2010 13:10

Ian Herring The fact remains that anyone resembling Robbie Williams shouldn't be allowed to pull on a Reading shirt.

He's doing it for the kids.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Sep 2010 13:10

Man Friday ...not if you get in the PL with the investment you don't. And we had a realistic chance of doing so.

Anyway, time will tell. I'm off to lunch.

Isn't that called gambling?

208 posts