Team for Norwich (H)

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Team for Norwich (H)

by Wimb » 11 Nov 2010 13:31

Good performance and not a lot to change, except I'd prefer Stretch to Harte and Kebe to Hunt if he's fit.

Feds

Armstrong
Griffin
Mills
Kizi

McAnuff
Kebe/Hunt
Howard
Karacan

Church

Long

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Team for Norwich (H)

by Wycombe Royal » 11 Nov 2010 13:58

I would replace Long with Hunt for no other reason that to give Shane a rest for a match, and I would still play Harte ahead of Armstrong.

I would also like to see Antonio given a start if Kebe isn't fit.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 11 Nov 2010 14:04

Assuming Kebe isn't fit I would leave things unchanged despite the fact that I think some of our success against Cardiff was because of the surprise factor in McD's selection which Norwich will know all about now. Bit worried there might be a reaction to such a hard match but I think we need to try and find some consistency in selection and that outweighs thoughts of freshening things up for me.

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 11 Nov 2010 14:21

Kebe if fit for Church - move Hunt upfront

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 11 Nov 2010 14:36

Wimb Good performance and not a lot to change, except I'd prefer Stretch to Harte and Kebe to Hunt if he's fit.

Feds

Armstrong
Griffin
Mills
Kizi

McAnuff
Kebe/Hunt
Howard
Karacan

Church

Long

This with Kebe in midfield and Hunt in place of Long up front.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Nov 2010 14:39

Wimb Good performance and not a lot to change, except I'd prefer Stretch to Harte and Kebe to Hunt if he's fit.

Feds

Armstrong
Griffin
Mills
Kizi

McAnuff
Kebe/Hunt
Howard
Karacan

Church

Long

^^^^^ this

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 11 Nov 2010 14:47

Keep it exactly as it was - Other than not putting our chances away, we did everything right IMO.

If we take the game to Norwich like we did Cardiff last night, we'll win.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 11 Nov 2010 15:34

Norwich have got a problem at left back at the mo as their first two choices, Drury and Smith, are both out injured.

If Kebe is anywhere near fit it would be worth giving him some sort of run out.

Their left back will probably be Lappin, a midfielder, or they may move the right back over. Either way we could be on a winner.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 11 Nov 2010 16:01

-------------------Fed----------------
-------------- -----kish------------------
------------------karacan---------------
kebe,antonio, nhunt, church, shlong,HRK, mcanuff

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Nov 2010 16:13

cmonurz

This with Kebe in midfield and Hunt in place of Long up front.

I had a dream last night that cmonurz picked Long to play

Motown

by Motown » 11 Nov 2010 16:25

brendywendy -------------------Fed----------------

This but with maybe Tabb just behind the front 7 - as better to play with 11 as well - unless this is the team half way through the game once Mills has been sent off!!!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Nov 2010 17:23

Wycombe Royal I would replace Long with Hunt for no other reason that to give Shane a rest for a match, and I would still play Harte ahead of Armstrong.

I would play Hunt ahead of Long because I genuinely think he is better, though I recognise this would be harsh on Long given he has put in a lot of good work. At the same time I think it's exactly the sort of adversity and kick up the arse that will see him go on one of his purple patches the second he gets back into the team.

I'd also leave Harte in for now, harsh on Armstrong, but I haven't seen Harte do much worthy of a dropping.

I'd stick with HRK over Antonio if Kebe isn't back. I wouldn't play one of the strikers wide, because I think that leaves us weak off the bench if we need to chase the game.

Pearce & Tabb also pushing for a place for me, but Karacan has done nothing to deserve being dropped and Mills has enough quality (and pace) that he needs to have a really bad game before I'd drop him.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 11 Nov 2010 18:06

Ian Royal
Wycombe Royal I would replace Long with Hunt for no other reason that to give Shane a rest for a match, and I would still play Harte ahead of Armstrong.

I would play Hunt ahead of Long because I genuinely think he is better, though I recognise this would be harsh on Long given he has put in a lot of good work. At the same time I think it's exactly the sort of adversity and kick up the arse that will see him go on one of his purple patches the second he gets back into the team.

I'd also leave Harte in for now, harsh on Armstrong, but I haven't seen Harte do much worthy of a dropping.

I'd stick with HRK over Antonio if Kebe isn't back. I wouldn't play one of the strikers wide, because I think that leaves us weak off the bench if we need to chase the game.

Pearce & Tabb also pushing for a place for me, but Karacan has done nothing to deserve being dropped and Mills has enough quality (and pace) that he needs to have a really bad game before I'd drop him.

You make some good points. In particular i think a club needs at least 4 strikers at this level. Not having one off the bench last night was a problem - as he could only bring midfielders on. I think playing all three may have been a one off and a tactical masterstroke against Cardiff - as they would not have expected it. I think we will play Long and either Hunt or Church on Saturday, with one to come off the bench.

I am not sure about Mills - terrible on Saturday but good last night. I get the impression Brian gave him a lecture after QPR from what he said on BBRB (in effect "I had a good long chat with Mills").

Harte is the difficult one of for me. Armstrong is definitely the better defender but maybe Harte adds more overall.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Nov 2010 22:09

Controvertial Question:

Should we really be looking at Harte as the full back who might be in need of dropping? Our record with Griff in the side is actually pretty poor this season and from what I've seen he hasn't been playing to last season's standard. Only two wins, averaging 1 pt / game, averaging conceeding 1.5 / game. Compared to Cummings four wins (one at left back), 2 pts / game, conceeding 0.7 / game. That's from an almost identical number of starts.

Harte has half as many starts again as the other two and his record is somewhere between the two. Griff has certainly got caught out a few times, though perhaps not been punished much.

Just thought I'd throw it in the mixer.

Other things for your interest (or boredom :) ), we're yet to lose a game Church has started, and Howard is our top goal creator with 4 assists, next in line being Long, Church & HRK on 2. By my reckoning anyway.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Nov 2010 22:12

brendywendy -------------------Fed----------------

Thats makes only 10....perhaps we should get Mooney back as your line-up looks a little defensive.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Nov 2010 23:02

Ian Royal Controvertial Question:

Should we really be looking at Harte as the full back who might be in need of dropping? this season and from what I've seen he hasn't been playing to last season's standard. Only two wins, averaging 1 pt / game, averaging conceding 1.5 / game. .

His record is W3 D3 L3 13-11 according to me.

Two of those defeats were QPR and Swansea, and one of the draws Cardiff

One of those wins was Torquay, but if you take that out it's 9 from 8.

He's also made a few brilliant goal-saving tackles.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 11 Nov 2010 23:07

Ian Royal
We're yet to lose a game Church has started

BIZARRE as he's a striker and has yet to score when starting this season.

I don't think he's know for his defensive play. So coincidence?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Nov 2010 23:49

Snowball
Ian Royal Controvertial Question:

Should we really be looking at Harte as the full back who might be in need of dropping? this season and from what I've seen he hasn't been playing to last season's standard. Only two wins, averaging 1 pt / game, averaging conceding 1.5 / game. .

His record is W3 D3 L3 13-11 according to me.

Two of those defeats were QPR and Swansea, and one of the draws Cardiff

One of those wins was Torquay, but if you take that out it's 9 from 8.

He's also made a few brilliant goal-saving tackles.

I'm not sure why you've butchered my post, presumably to twist it into saying something it doesn't.

Our League record - which is all I'm concerned with given we're out of the cup and the level of opposition was not very comparable to our normal opposition - with Griffin starting is W2, D2, L4 - excluding Forest by taking a common sense approach given he was only on the pitch 8 minutes.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Nov 2010 23:50

Fed
Griffin Kish Mills Armstrong
Karacan
Kebe Howard Mcanuff
Church Hunt

If kebe is not fit go with Antonio

West_Reading

by West_Reading » 12 Nov 2010 00:00

Same as Cardiff, hopefully Kebe in for NHunt otherwise keep the same team.