Mikele Leigertwood

830 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Mikele Leigertwood

by Snowball » 24 Nov 2010 16:37

Wycombe Royal

Please don't bring this up again, and change the word "chances" for "shots". The two are different and the stats you have presented there are for shots.

Hoop Blah brought Gylfi into the conversation.

Winchester Royal was the person who said 4-14 wasn't a fair comparison

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Nov 2010 16:39

[quote="From Despair To Where?"]Sad how a discussion about our latest loan signing descends into a stat attack regarding the relative merits of a player who left the club nigh on 3 months ago.

This forum is dying a number crunched death.[/quote

It's hardly a stat attack. I answered Hoop's point about Gylfi-the-Saviour who didn't save us (except by his transfer fee)
and I answered another incorrect point about Gylfi being a good finisher. He wasn't. Simple as that

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 24 Nov 2010 16:59

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... _fc_switch

Seems to tie in with whats been said before and in the past with loan players. The thing that surprised/dodded me was the news the club turned down £2.5 million for Jobi :o

Obviously Madejski didn't get the offer eh? ;)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Nov 2010 17:01

Wimb http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2082786_qpr_midfielder_open_to_permanent_reading_fc_switch

The thing that surprised/dodded me was the news the club turned down £2.5 million for Jobi :o

Have to say I am amazed if that's true

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Nov 2010 17:27

Wimb http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2082786_qpr_midfielder_open_to_permanent_reading_fc_switch

Seems to tie in with whats been said before and in the past with loan players. The thing that surprised/dodded me was the news the club turned down £2.5 million for Jobi :o

I can imagine him storming around the Mad Stad offices trying to track down whoever forgot to tell him about the offer! :lol:

£2.5M extra in the black hole and there must have been someone floating around League 1 that we could have picked up for a pittance.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Nov 2010 17:28

the hole is filled. no need

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 24 Nov 2010 17:48

Interesting that he says that he has been brought in as a midfielder.
That implies to me that he might play alongside Jem in a central midfield two with our two wingers and two strikers.
We'll soon find out on Saturday.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 24 Nov 2010 17:57

Snowball
Hoop Blah
Snowball Exactly. His style was NOT that of a slow, steady midfield thinker, or a player you coild ask to holf the ball for 15-30 seconds

Disagree, he had the tools to do it, and did at times as far as I'm concerned, I just think we never really asked him to do it because it wasn't how we played or looked to (there weren't many times in his time with us we were looking to slow the game down and see out time or take the pressure off the back four - most of McDermotts time I think we've been chasing games and goals so the situation didn't demand it).

Which games did he do it in?

I can't remember any.

Or do you mean you THINK he could have done it but never actually DID?

Is this like Howard being a good free-kick taker even though he hasn't scored one in 5 seasons?

I don't need to name specific games he did it in, I'm not that anal. Suffice to say I saw him do it in plenty, if not all, of the games he played for us.

It was his ability to keep the ball and go passed people that made him a danger and his technique that made him the potential star he is. That in itself is similar to the way Little would hold the ball up on the wing and kill some time and take pressure of the defence.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 24 Nov 2010 18:24

Sounds like he's already a Reading player, doesn't seem to want to go back to QPR unless he's forced to. I think he'll give us better options and a 442 with him and Jem in the middle would work much better than Jem and Tabb/Howard. I think he could be a good signing for us and if he's not then were not tied down.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Nov 2010 18:55

If he is strong enough for us to go 4-4-2 with Long-Hunt,
Church on for the last 25 I will be very excited about our future

(and I rate Church, just he's a bit young)

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Nov 2010 18:55

Hoop Blah
Which games did he do it in?

I can't remember any.

Or do you mean you THINK he could have done it but never actually DID?

Is this like Howard being a good free-kick taker even though he hasn't scored one in 5 seasons?

I don't need to name specific games he did it in, I'm not that anal. Suffice to say I saw him do it in plenty, if not all, of the games he played for us.

It was his ability to keep the ball and go passed people that made him a danger and his technique that made him the potential star he is. That in itself is similar to the way Little would hold the ball up on the wing and kill some time and take pressure of the defence.

I don't believe he ever did it.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 24 Nov 2010 21:09

Snowball If he is strong enough for us to go 4-4-2 with Long-Hunt,

Agreed,

Would love us to have a 4-4-2 with any combination of Hunt- Long and Fryatt with Churchy on the bench too

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Nov 2010 21:37

I would hope that this would now be the plan to go with

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 24 Nov 2010 21:49

Snowball
Hoop Blah Someone like Sigurdsson you mean?

Definitely NOT Siggy. I don't remember Siggy putting his foot on the ball and slowing down the game.

You are wrong, a la Little, Sig quite often held on to the ball, jinked a few times, bought some time and space.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 24 Nov 2010 22:06

Snowball Is this like Howard being a good free-kick taker even though he hasn't scored one in 5 seasons?

Yeah we all know how impressive JUST ONE goal is don't we? :wink:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Nov 2010 22:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Snowball Is this like Howard being a good free-kick taker even though he hasn't scored one in 5 seasons?

Yeah we all know how impressive JUST ONE goal is don't we? :wink:

I wouldn't know, 2WW. My favourite player has scored SIX this season. How about yours?

Cookie

by Cookie » 24 Nov 2010 23:24

Mike Hunt
OS The Royals have agreed a deal to take QPR midfielder Mikele Leigertwood on loan from league leaders Queens Park Rangers.

Leigertwood put pen to paper at Hogwood Park this morning to seal a loan move to Reading which will run until 25th January 2011.

Royals boss Brian McDermott said, "We're delighted to get Mikele in on loan. He is a player who has earned promotion to the Premier League before, via the play-offs with Crystal Palace, and who has worn the captain's armband at QPR.

"Mikele brings a wealth of experience through the door and I am surprised QPR have allowed us to sign a player with such ability and experience."

Leigertwood, who has just turned 28, began his career with Wimbledon before joining Selhurst Park co-habitants Crystal Palace in 2004.

The versatile 6'1" midfielder, who can also play in defence, earned promotion to the top flight as an Eagle and earned further Premier League appearances at Palace before joining Sheffield United's newly promoted top tier outfit in 2006/7.

QPR boss John Gregory paid £900,000 for his signature the following summer and he was soon made skipper at Loftus Road. The Antiguan international arrives at Madejski Stadium having played 10 times for Rangers so far this season, and with more than 300 professional appearances under his belt in total.

Leigertwood trained with the Royals this morning and is available for selection ahead of this weekend's visit of Leeds United. He will take squad number 8.

I guess we have Gylfi's replacement then...

Matejovsky replacement. :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 24 Nov 2010 23:33

pea

Agreed,

Would love us to have a 4-4-2 with any combination of Hunt- Long and Fryatt with Churchy on the bench too

When did we sign Fryatt? :|

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 25 Nov 2010 06:58

Snowball
From Despair To Where? Sad how a discussion about our latest loan signing descends into a stat attack regarding the relative merits of a player who left the club nigh on 3 months ago.

This forum is dying a number crunched death.[/quote

It's hardly a stat attack. I answered Hoop's point about Gylfi-the-Saviour who didn't save us (except by his transfer fee)
and I answered another incorrect point about Gylfi being a good finisher. He wasn't. Simple as that

I'm not saying you are soley to blame but it feels like every oxf*rd thread turns into a statistical analysis of either Harte, Long or Sigurdsson whether they are relevant to the point of discussion or not. It's repetative and boring and it's killing any form of discussion.

There are a few on here who should take a good look at themselves as this has gone on far too long and you know too well that Snowball will bite. However Snowball, you are most guilty of posting the same old shit time and time again and always wanting the last word. You're 63 for Christ sake, wind your neck in, grow up and stop rising to the bait.

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 Nov 2010 07:37

I said I'd love to see it, not that itd ever happen.

830 posts