DEAL OFF - Bradley Wright Phillips

934 posts
roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MORE THAN A RUMOUR - Bradley Wright Phillips

by roadrunner » 09 Jan 2011 21:23

winchester_royal Only Reading fans could moan about signing the current top scorer in L1 for a knock down price....

Plymouth aren't too pleased either.

roll over boltonhoven

by roll over boltonhoven » 09 Jan 2011 21:24

WR has it right as is often the case...

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 09 Jan 2011 21:27

We havent actually signed him yet :P

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 09 Jan 2011 21:34

tomrfcurz We havent actually signed him yet :P

What he said. Also remember Tommy Smith.

ROY AL

by ROY AL » 09 Jan 2011 21:40

Since moving to Reading 18 months ago and becoming a Royals supporter attending most games home and away, and also an avid reader of this forum. It is more than apparent that many of the forum users will moan at just about everything. So instead of knocking the team and management lets get behind them and SUPPORT the team.

Bedale Royal

by Bedale Royal » 09 Jan 2011 21:52

ROY AL Since moving to Reading 18 months ago and becoming a Royals supporter attending most games home and away, and also an avid reader of this forum. It is more than apparent that many of the forum users will moan at just about everything. So instead of knocking the team and management lets get behind them and SUPPORT the team.

Well said. That's why I and many I know don't bother posting on here much, if at all.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 09 Jan 2011 22:33

ROY AL lets get behind them and SUPPORT the team.

Nothing beats a bit of Old Skool.

Winvey

by Winvey » 09 Jan 2011 22:57

Alan Partridge I can't believe anyone would look past the facts of this signing.

Plymouth aren't selling Bradley Wright Phillips because the guy isn't any good.

Plymouth MUST raise £500k by the end of January. Otherwise it's goodnight to Cornwall's 2nd biggest club.

Bradley Wright Phillips under normal circumstances would be the same sort of price as Austin. £1million + with the selling club bumping the fee up to it's maximum to scare teams off, and if they get silly offers getting the best for thier clubs.

Plymouth have no choice but to sell to the first buyer offering any sort of fair sum that will help them pay off their debt. He is out of contract at the end of the season and due to their transfer embargo they can not offer him a new one.

Reading have picked up the top goalscorer in League 1 at 1/4 of his true value.

That is great business and a great signing.

Spot on

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 09 Jan 2011 23:03

I'm sure we have him but looking forwards to some confirmation before I get too excited!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2011 23:07

The fact we haven't been blabbing about him in the media for months has to be a positive for the deal not to get gazumped. And if personal terms were agreed on friday/saturday + a medical over the weekend, then it could be a done deal that just hasn't been confirmed because it's a weekend.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Jan 2011 23:14

Ian Royal The fact we haven't been blabbing about him in the media for months has to be a positive for the deal not to get gazumped. And if personal terms were agreed on friday/saturday + a medical over the weekend, then it could be a done deal that just hasn't been confirmed because it's a weekend.

Indeed, I doubt anyone in the FL was particularly eager to come in on a sunday just to ratify this deal.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Jan 2011 23:34

Winvey
Alan Partridge I can't believe anyone would look past the facts of this signing.

Plymouth aren't selling Bradley Wright Phillips because the guy isn't any good.

Plymouth MUST raise £500k by the end of January. Otherwise it's goodnight to Cornwall's 2nd biggest club.

Bradley Wright Phillips under normal circumstances would be the same sort of price as Austin. £1million + with the selling club bumping the fee up to it's maximum to scare teams off, and if they get silly offers getting the best for their clubs.

Plymouth have no choice but to sell to the first buyer offering any sort of fair sum that will help them pay off their debt. He is out of contract at the end of the season and due to their transfer embargo they can not offer him a new one.

Reading have picked up the top goalscorer in League 1 at 1/4 of his true value.

That is great business and a great signing.

Indeed, looks like another great piece of business to add to those that saw the likes of Shorey, Kitson, Doyle, Hunt, Sonko and The Sig arrive for little or nothing and leave for collective fees in excess of £20m.

Predictably, the same idiots never tire of slagging off the club whenever we sign a player who doesn't break the bank and/or slagging off players they've never seen simply because they cost less than 500k.

Meanwhile, I'd like to slag off some of your maths teachers for doing one sh*t job...........................

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Jan 2011 07:47

Bedale Royal
ROY AL Since moving to Reading 18 months ago and becoming a Royals supporter attending most games home and away, and also an avid reader of this forum. It is more than apparent that many of the forum users will moan at just about everything. So instead of knocking the team and management lets get behind them and SUPPORT the team.

Well said. That's why I and many I know don't bother posting on here much, if at all.

Yet you come along and read it . Perhaps if you and others you knew joined it it might be more reflective of the feelings of fans.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Jan 2011 09:05

Provided he fits in with the lads and is over that injury 300K is daylight robbery for this guy.

I excluded his Man City appearances as his 32 "appearances" in the Premiership were 1 (31) as a kid

Since then:

Overall record 86 (45) = "8,415 minutes" 46 Goals = a goal every 183 minutes (1 in 2 Games)

This is a fairly underplayed player with a lot of room to improve. an appearance record similar to Long's

91 (88) 40 Goals. 5 Prem, 6 Goals v Premiership opposition in cups, c.29 goals CCC LONG
88 (76) 47 Goals. 1 Prem, 13 League 1, c. 33 in CCC (This includes two relegation seasons) BWP

This guy is fast, can score goals other than close in, has skill and confidence. In the League Paper Dec 19 2009
(almost a full page on the lad) he was talking about being in the form of his life (and hinting at a move, greater things for him)

His League One record is 13 in 17, a goal every 1.3 games compared to Austin's 31 in 47, a goal every 1.52 games.

It's hard to say how good either of these players might one day be, but if Austin is as much as 1.5 Million with mostly non-league experience and just 47 games in League One, how can a player with a Premiership background, 1 or 2 Prem goals, at least 26 goals in the CCC, so pretty much proven (Church has 16, Hunt has 17), current top-scorer in League One, not be worth over a million quid in today's market?

tlcs

by tlcs » 10 Jan 2011 09:09

Snowball Provided he fits in with the lads and is over that injury 300K is daylight robbery for this guy.

I excluded his Man City appearances as his 32 "appearances" in the Premiership were 1 (31) as a kid

Since then:

Overall record 86 (45) = "8,415 minutes" 46 Goals = a goal every 183 minutes (1 in 2 Games)

This is a fairly underplayed player with a lot of room to improve. an appearance record similar to Long's

91 (88) 40 Goals. 5 Prem, 6 Goals v Premiership opposition in cups, c.29 goals CCC LONG
88 (76) 47 Goals. 1 Prem, 13 League 1, c. 33 in CCC (This includes two relegation seasons) BWP

This guy is fast, can score goals other than close in, has skill and confidence. In the League Paper Dec 19 2009
(almost a full page on the lad) he was talking about being in the form of his life (and hinting at a move, greater things for him)

His League One record is 13 in 17, a goal every 1.3 games compared to Austin's 31 in 47, a goal every 1.52 games.

It's hard to say how good either of these players might one day be, but if Austin is as much as 1.5 Million with mostly non-league experience and just 47 games in League One, how can a player with a Premiership background, 1 or 2 Prem goals, at least 26 goals in the CCC, so pretty much proven (Church has 16, Hunt has 17), current top-scorer in League One, not be worth over a million quid in today's market?

Spot on

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Jan 2011 09:24

tlcs
Snowball Provided he fits in with the lads and is over that injury 300K is daylight robbery for this guy.

Since then:

Spot on

Plymouth need ANY money.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 10 Jan 2011 09:26

Medical today, 300K.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 10 Jan 2011 09:26

Hoop Blah Fairly decent signing for a reasonable price too.

Not a player I'd get excited about watching from what I've seen of him in the past but I do think he can be a good foil for Long. He's got pace, can beat a defender with a little bit of trickery or movement and knows where the goal is. Not quite the raw finisher that would compliment Long the most, or the big physical target man that I still think we could do with in the squad but gives us the extra strength and options we're crying out for.

Not sure I agree we've snuck this under other clubs radars or that he's more proven than Austin, but decent enough signing all the same.

"complimenting (praising) Long"? How will that help us?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Jan 2011 09:31

paultheroyal Plymouth need to sell, he will be cheap, Reading need a striker who is scoring goals, cheap, and in the Reading mould. Step forward Mr Phillips.
Can you explain how this is more than a rumour?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Jan 2011 09:32

Sounds a bit like it wasn't under other clubs' radar but that other clubs were
taking "exploitation" to a new (low) level. 20-30K? 100K? PLEASE!

934 posts