DONE DEAL - Mathieu Manset

472 posts
DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Mathieu Manset

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 20 Jan 2011 16:14

Elmer Park
Sir Dodger Royal Lenny lawrence also moving from Hereford to Palace.

I think this may have been a factor in him choosing Palace.

I don't know if it is just that McDermott is more prepared to be open about our transfer targets and so we are hearing about potential deals a bit earlier than we normally have but everything the Club has done relating to transfers this month has appeared to have been protracted. Couldn't help the BWP one I suppose, although the decision to withdraw seemed to take a while but to the layman it is difficult to see why the Williams and Morrison deals weren't nailed more quickly after the selling Clubs reported that everything had been agreed and it appears that this almost cost us Morrrison's signature when the other Club came in.

Again to the layman it appears we were one of the first to identify Manset but during the delay in either making a decison or putting the deal together several other Clubs flooded in and we appear to have missed out.

Of course there are almost certainly good reasons for the apparent dragging of our feet but I am beginning to wonder if there are financial issues involved and we are struggling to put together the finance to make the initial payments on these deals. Maybe having to arrange loans for example. None of us will ever know if that is correct or not of course.

Elmer, other than those in the sanctuary of the club, or close to the bosom of the chairman (ikes!), none of us will never know ........all I can say is that i am totally underwhelmed by the ambition shown by the club, with no disrespect to the players we have signed...

there is a great opportunity to make the top flight this season in such an open league, but typical of the club, we look at " very economical option" players that probably arent any better than what we have, at this stage, and probably wont be by season end, - I thought that BMcD had always said that he would only bring players into the club, if they were better than what we already had ...not sure these guys are..and therefore in the tradition of the chairman, but not in agreeing with him, this doesnt show our ambition to.......

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 20 Jan 2011 17:30

SDR has now heard back from the Madman to say that RFC have now doubled their bid for the Hereford Striker due to a new influx of funds to the Club:

The following Fourth Round ties have been confirmed for TV highlights:
Torquay United v Crawley Town
Stevenage v Reading
Birmingham City v Coventry City

The FA fee for designated TV highlights is £6,750 per club.

Now that could well swing the deallllllllllllllllllllllllll

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 20 Jan 2011 18:17

Elmer Park

I don't know if it is just that McDermott is more prepared to be open about our transfer targets and so we are hearing about potential deals a bit earlier than we normally have but everything the Club has done relating to transfers this month has appeared to have been protracted. Couldn't help the BWP one I suppose, although the decision to withdraw seemed to take a while but to the layman it is difficult to see why the Williams and Morrison deals weren't nailed more quickly after the selling Clubs reported that everything had been agreed and it appears that this almost cost us Morrrison's signature when the other Club came in.

Again to the layman it appears we were one of the first to identify Manset but during the delay in either making a decison or putting the deal together several other Clubs flooded in and we appear to have missed out.

Of course there are almost certainly good reasons for the apparent dragging of our feet but I am beginning to wonder if there are financial issues involved and we are struggling to put together the finance to make the initial payments on these deals. Maybe having to arrange loans for example. None of us will ever know if that is correct or not of course.

A late bid from Middleborough for Morrison and from Southampton for Williams failed to derail either bid, it makes me wonder whether after the Tommy Smith fiasco we're not setting certain conditions that effectively tie up the transfer once they've agreed terms regardless of whether we confirm it or register and announce the transfer to stop them simply not turning up and signing the paperwork. Five days before we announced Williams signing the Eastleigh Director of Football told the press that Southampton had made a bit and he'd told them they were too late. Makes me wonder, would make sense that we'd take steps to avoid another disaster like what happened with Smith.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Jan 2011 18:27

the only disaster with smith was brendon talking about it outloud through official channels.

i shouldnt think we are more / less longwinded in our transfers than anyone else
i just think transfers take ages to sort:

scouting,
manager watches game,
initial phonecall,
meeting with NH to agree budget,
follow up phone call,
official bid,
bid acceptance/refusal,
chat to players agent,
initial negotitions,
firm up on personal terms,
draw up contract,
send them contract,
check through contract,
come back with changes,
more negotiations,
agree personal terms,
look round club & training ground ,
have medical,
get results and talk to doctors,
sign contract,
press conference where JM can attend and shake hands.

that little lot could easily take weeks

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 20 Jan 2011 18:31

Tommy Smith was a mercenary and not a man of his word (mind you few players are)- he'd have played in Beirut if he could increase his bank balance..Reading are well shot of him and having seen his performances for both Pompey and QPR, did we really need him - we have better but Brendan didnt see it at the time

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2011 18:36

bigmike Surley Reading would be a far better prospect than Palarse

Dunno, more likely to play for the them, especially if they get relegated. Chance of bouncing back into the Championship as a first team regular. Still a significant pay rise.

We'd surely be favourites if we're interested, but it isn't a complete no brainer for him IMO.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 20 Jan 2011 19:11

either he wasnt what we wanted or needed OR more likely we werent prepared to pay, what would be a small amount, considering he sounds like a very good player in the making.......

It Is What It Is

by It Is What It Is » 20 Jan 2011 21:01

It swings to the left (crowd leans to the left)
It swings to the right (crowd leans to the right)
Mansets penis, will knock you all out in a fighttttt!

OR

(To the tune of the 'Ring of Fire)

DU, DU, DU, DU, DU, DU, HUNG, LIKE, A, HORSE
Oh that boy mon-saaaaaaaay!

:o

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 20 Jan 2011 22:25

DOYLERSAROYALER either he wasnt what we wanted or needed OR more likely we werent prepared to pay, what would be a small amount, considering he sounds like a very good player in the making.......

Do you think he's worth what Palace bid for him or did they bid over the odds in your view?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 20 Jan 2011 23:07

pea
Elmer Park

A late bid from Middleborough for Morrison and from Southampton for Williams failed to derail either bid, it makes me wonder whether after the Tommy Smith fiasco we're not setting certain conditions that effectively tie up the transfer once they've agreed terms regardless of whether we confirm it or register and announce the transfer to stop them simply not turning up and signing the paperwork. Five days before we announced Williams signing the Eastleigh Director of Football told the press that Southampton had made a bit and he'd told them they were too late. Makes me wonder, would make sense that we'd take steps to avoid another disaster like what happened with Smith.

To be fair there is a significant difference between then Premier League Pompey coming in for someone late on and League One Saints or worse placed M'boro. It's more likely we were the better option.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 21 Jan 2011 00:10

Arch
DOYLERSAROYALER either he wasnt what we wanted or needed OR more likely we werent prepared to pay, what would be a small amount, considering he sounds like a very good player in the making.......

Do you think he's worth what Palace bid for him or did they bid over the odds in your view?

Arch to be honest I havent seen anywhere what Palace are supposed to have bid for him, all I know is the price range set by the Hereford chairman which was £250k -£500k (bit of a wider berth there i'd say!) ...however assuming that they had bid the lower end of that, then for his scoring record and potential to be a sound investment, its hardly a big risk imho
Last edited by DOYLERSAROYALER on 21 Jan 2011 07:45, edited 1 time in total.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 21 Jan 2011 07:33

brendywendy i shouldnt think we are more / less longwinded in our transfers than anyone else
i just think transfers take ages to sort:
scouting,
manager watches game,
initial phonecall,
meeting with NH to agree budget,
follow up phone call,
official bid,
bid acceptance/refusal,
chat to players agent,
initial negotitions,
firm up on personal terms,
draw up contract,
send them contract,
check through contract,
come back with changes,
more negotiations,
agree personal terms,
look round club & training ground ,
have medical,
get results and talk to doctors,
sign contract,
press conference where JM can attend and shake hands.
that little lot could easily take weeks

Spot on Bren and I agree the whole process takes a long time but my point related to the apparent procrastination over the final two or three lines of that process which did seem more long winded than other deals. The selling Clubs confirmed we had jumped through all the other hoops several days earlier which is very unusual.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jan 2011 09:09

I think that's been more to do with the selling club making things public and then leaving us without much choice but to say we are in talks earlier than we would like. Meaning the gap between public notice and any conclusion is artifically widened.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 21 Jan 2011 09:31

Palace fans seem to think he's coming here and we seem to thing he's off to Palace :lol: probably off to Burnley then!!

http://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213371&page=10

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 21 Jan 2011 09:43

RIP ...you didnt write this article did you?

http://nonaynever.net/2636/mathieu-mans ... rets-move/?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 21 Jan 2011 10:11

DOYLERSAROYALER
Arch

Arch to be honest I havent seen anywhere what Palace are supposed to have bid for him, all I know is the price range set by the Hereford chairman which was £250k -£500k (bit of a wider berth there i'd say!) ...however assuming that they had bid the lower end of that, then for his scoring record and potential to be a sound investment, its hardly a big risk imho

For someone who watches League 2 regularly, I would say that it's hard to say if it's a good investment or not - having a good scoring record at this level doesn't say much as defenders tend be slower/more likely to leave spaces etc. and goalkeepers less agile.

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 21 Jan 2011 10:27

DOYLERSAROYALER RIP ...you didnt write this article did you?

http://nonaynever.net/2636/mathieu-mans ... rets-move/?

LOL no, but Burnley are getting linked to everybody so it's not too surprising.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 21 Jan 2011 11:09

This is happening, he's at the ground apparently.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Jan 2011 11:11

nof*ckingway!

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 21 Jan 2011 11:12

If he signs before we reach 10 pages I'll be very surprised! :)

472 posts