Back from the game Stevenage

121 posts
FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game Stevenage

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Jan 2011 02:24

floyd__streete
Your holier than thou attitude is f*cking tiresome.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Jan 2011 08:48

paultheroyal
Royal Lady Well, I could only hear Stevenage fans when they scored - up til then they appeared to be very quiet.

Of course, I could hear Reading fans because I was sat amongst them - I suppose if the speakers for the online/radio are in with Stevenage fans, you're bound to hear them louder.

Tbh I thought we got behind the team well, particularly towards the end of second half.

Spot on. When will people realise that the reason atmosphere is so one sided coming across on radio is determined by who is sat nearest to the mic, in this case Stevenage fans, considering we were 60 yards away not surprised we sounded quiet. Mnd you, thank god I was on right side, as left side were at a wake lol!!

Maybe that's why people say they didn't hear a lot. We were sat in the left side and we thought we were singing a fair bit and reasonably loudly whereas the right side was absolutely dire!! You didn't even give a decent response to 'We're the left side' which led to us frequently booing you! Perhaps a problem with the acoustics in a low wide stand?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 Jan 2011 10:36

Good to see Will from the Inbetweeners serving in the Wetherspoons too.

brief case oxf*rd!

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Jan 2011 11:05

RoyalBlue Maybe that's why people say they didn't hear a lot. We were sat in the left side and we thought we were singing a fair bit and reasonably loudly whereas the right side was absolutely dire!! You didn't even give a decent response to 'We're the left side' which led to us frequently booing you! Perhaps a problem with the acoustics in a low wide stand?

You've got that the wrong way round I think - right side sang it then booed the left who just refused to join in.

Got to stand all game too which is a rare pleasure these days - perhaps Reading fans aren't such boring killjoys after all.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 31 Jan 2011 12:00

[Fed: 6
Griffin: 7 - for nutmegs
Harte: 6
Ivar: 6
Mills: 5
Karacan: 5
Liegterwood: 6 - for scoring
McAnuff: 7 - for creating the winner
HRK: 6
Church: 5
Long: 7

Antonio: 5[/quote]

I think you are being very generous to both HRK and Church with 5 !!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 31 Jan 2011 12:53

Maguire Got to stand all game too which is a rare pleasure these days - perhaps Reading fans aren't such boring killjoys after all.

Have you not read the rest of the thread?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 31 Jan 2011 13:13

Maguire
RoyalBlue Maybe that's why people say they didn't hear a lot. We were sat in the left side and we thought we were singing a fair bit and reasonably loudly whereas the right side was absolutely dire!! You didn't even give a decent response to 'We're the left side' which led to us frequently booing you! Perhaps a problem with the acoustics in a low wide stand?

You've got that the wrong way round I think - right side sang it then booed the left who just refused to join in.

Got to stand all game too which is a rare pleasure these days - perhaps Reading fans aren't such boring killjoys after all.

I've stood all game at every away game I've been to this season (Torquay, Millwall, QPR, Derby, Hull, Swansea & Stevenage)

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Jan 2011 13:44

Without wishing to have a full-scale argument, we sang "we're the left side..." and the right side didn't respond, hence the booing. Later on a few "right siders" did chant however. Heathrow and TROLI can confirm this as WE were on the left. Thanking you.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 31 Jan 2011 13:53

I was on the right side and the atmos matched the game. crap.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 31 Jan 2011 14:09

Royal Lady Without wishing to have a full-scale argument, we sang "we're the left side..." and the right side didn't respond, hence the booing. Later on a few "right siders" did chant however. Heathrow and TROLI can confirm this as WE were on the left. Thanking you.

I was in the right, and if the right didn't reply to the left's singing, it was mainly due to being unable to hear it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 31 Jan 2011 14:28

Royal Lady Without wishing to have a full-scale argument, we sang "we're the left side..." and the right side didn't respond, hence the booing. Later on a few "right siders" did chant however. Heathrow and TROLI can confirm this as WE were on the left. Thanking you.

another mystery succesfully solved miss marple

working class hero

by working class hero » 31 Jan 2011 14:41

At the home end RFC fans could be heard twice in the first half.
Once when singing Que sera sera [an example of we only sing when we're winning?].
And the chants of we're the left side , we're the right side [a particularly naff song].

The la la la chants from Stevenage could be heard coming from 3 sides of the ground.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 31 Jan 2011 14:47

In conclusion then, I stand by my theory that, as with the Madejski stadium, the sound doesn't travel very well in certain parts of the ground.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 31 Jan 2011 16:29

I heard the Stevenage fans once, after they scored. Apart from that I could only hear the odd thing from Reading, including the right side singing and the left side (with the exception of about three blokes) refusing to play.

Atmosphere wsn't a cracker bu at least we got to bundle after the late winner.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 31 Jan 2011 16:38

way to go this thread :|

maybe I won't start going to games again

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 31 Jan 2011 17:04

Not a great atmosphere, was sat with the home fans, even with the penalty shout they barely got their backsides off the seats, as far as the match thought for long periods we seemed to be going through the motions, dissappointed with, HRK, Church not a lot to go on with those two. Liegertwood MOM by a country mile, very impressed with him, as for the rest very much an average perfromance, Long worked very hard and took a few hits from the Stevenage back line. But it was a win and an away trip to Chelsea or Everton to look forward to, more workmanlike that spectacular.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2011 17:19

So to sum up, even the Reading fans at the ground couldn't hear each other?

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 31 Jan 2011 17:25

No over the deafening roar of tut tutting from the day trippers - no.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Jan 2011 17:28

royalexile No over the deafening roar of tut tutting from the day trippers - no.

All those day trippers with a 1000+ points taking seats from genuine vocal sub-500 fans like me! :evil:

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 31 Jan 2011 19:58

At half time, I was stood near the front but to the side of the stand near the burger bar. A lad got caught smoking, and in school playground style way, as the steward confronted the man, I whipped the cig out of the blokes hand behind his back and held it for him while he was questioned.

HelpfulLAD

121 posts