Hob Nob Legend

Re: Norwich Away - Match Thread

by leon » 12 Feb 2011 17:02

it'll be a push to be 10th

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 12 Feb 2011 17:02

Man Friday this weekend has been fukcin' sh1t.

This ^

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Feb 2011 17:02

RoyalJames101 I'm still waiting for this luck to even itself out... :|

It's not luck

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 12 Feb 2011 17:02

RoyalJames101 I'm still waiting for this luck to even itself out... :|

It is - we're still getting payback for the incredible run of good luck in 2005/06 & 07!

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 12 Feb 2011 17:04

Hoop Blah
ZacNaloen
Svlad Cjelli We're potentially "good" - but too inconsistent to be called that all the time.

The spine of the team is still very young. In reality the team won't be at it's best for two to three years.

Massive IF it can be kept together though.

What's all this about the so-called great spine of the team?!?! Mills can go, he's poor- should be Pearce-Zurab together. Karacan is good if he's played alongside a decent midfielder. And who's classified at the spine up front alongside Shane "I've had half a decent season" Long? Simon Church? I would argue that the wide players are more important for us.

Maybe finally some of us fans should give up on trying to squeeze into the play offs this season, and focus on putting together a decent team that can challenge much better in forthcoming seasons?

alderdude

by alderdude » 12 Feb 2011 17:06

bad result for us today we got a fair few winable fixtures coming up though for the rest of feb and march. If we are able to win against all the teams in the lower end of the table within them months then it should put us back in to a position where we are able to push for the play-offs still. we had a tough run in of late and we didn't get a lot from it but a few decent results and we will be right back in it but we need to avoid defeat against the teams around us (watford/millwall) and win the rest of the games with minimal slip-ups but with L-wood with another game out and now karacan with a 3 match ban it's going to be a big ask.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 12 Feb 2011 17:10

Jeffers217 What's all this about the so-called great spine of the team?!?! Mills can go, he's poor- should be Pearce-Zurab together. Karacan is good if he's played alongside a decent midfielder. And who's classified at the spine up front alongside Shane "I've had half a decent season" Long? Simon Church? I would argue that the wide players are more important for us.

Maybe finally some of us fans should give up on trying to squeeze into the play offs this season, and focus on putting together a decent team that can challenge much better in forthcoming seasons?

You can put that so called goal keeper as well.

Yet again, he's responsible for dropped points.

Do You See? :shock:

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 12 Feb 2011 17:10

The results of the last 3 fixtures have been exquisitely painful... :cry:

We really needed 5 points from the 3 games and we ended up with 1...which is bad enough on its own. But how it happened? Ouch. :(

Davyc

by Davyc » 12 Feb 2011 17:17

Terribly dissappointing. but there is plenty left to play for, most of the games left are winnable.

Jeffers217

by Jeffers217 » 12 Feb 2011 17:19

Thou Voice
Jeffers217 What's all this about the so-called great spine of the team?!?! Mills can go, he's poor- should be Pearce-Zurab together. Karacan is good if he's played alongside a decent midfielder. And who's classified at the spine up front alongside Shane "I've had half a decent season" Long? Simon Church? I would argue that the wide players are more important for us.

My apologies, I forgot Fedders. Well IMO I think he's one of the better keepers in the league but not premiership standard as people keep banging on about. I still don't think any of those players in that spine would be a great loss to us:

- we've got some really promising back-up keepers
- Pearce and Zurab are already better than Mills so he would be no great loss
- Karacan is decent on his day but easily replaceable IMO
- Long- yer arguably on the basis of his recent form yes he would be a loss, but on the basis of his 5 seasons here, it would be aurevoir change the record

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 12 Feb 2011 17:20

We seem to have some real problem maintaining our discipline. Another punch-up, Harte gesturing to the Naarwich crowd, another last minute sucker-punch.

And real problems from suspensions - I doubt we'd have lost today if Leigterwood wasn't suspended.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 12 Feb 2011 17:27

Unfortunate that another late strike has again cost us ! a lot better than I thought we would do today though, clearly easy to see today how week a squad we have once first team regulars are out. we have a squad in numbers but very lacking any quality, and sadly our massive outlay in the January window has hardly sparked us, as there is still virtually no pressure on the regular starting 11. if you are fit you play.

royal-ross

by royal-ross » 12 Feb 2011 17:29

Sounds to me that they played well for the majoritiy of the game and adopted an attacking mentality even when Jem was sent off. It would have been a good point but it's just another fact that we can't successfully close out a game. This is why we unfortunalty won't be maaking the play off's this year.

kidderminster royal

by kidderminster royal » 12 Feb 2011 17:38

maybe time to blood some more youth ready for next year?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Feb 2011 17:45

Bit alarming to hear Karacan sent off for a bad tackle when tackling is probably the only commendable part of his game :|

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 12 Feb 2011 17:46

Most annoying result of the year.

Even more annoying considering the Norwich fans were throwing coins at Iain Harte.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 12 Feb 2011 18:15

LoyalRoyalFan Most annoying result of the year.

Even more annoying considering the Norwich fans were [b]throwing coins[/b] at Iain Harte.

No change there then

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 12 Feb 2011 18:18

Gordons Cumming We'll win now.

Late Long goal.

Well if we didn't know already Gordon knows jack shite although this was one of better predictions.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 12 Feb 2011 18:47

Svlad Cjelli We seem to have some real problem maintaining our discipline. Another punch-up, Harte gesturing to the Naarwich crowd, another last minute sucker-punch.

And real problems from suspensions - I doubt we'd have lost today if Leigterwood wasn't suspended.

Totally agree. I think it has to come from the management to an extent.

He's made the illdisciplined of the lot the skipper, hasn't appeared to have done anything to curb the diving and imaginary card waving, and is turning into an excuse maker who pretty much always blames refs or points out their mistakes.

It all points to an attitude I don't like to see.

I quite like McDermott, but the more we're under pressure the more he brings out the excuses and the more his team seem to lose their bottle. I didn't go today, but had to laugh at his 'one game at a time' and 'I don't look at targets' type cliches at the same time as correcting Dellor on Blackpools points this time last season and how many points it'll take to make the playoffs!

At the end of the day the main problem is that the players aren't quite good enough. Part of that is obviously their mental strength.

RoyalJames101
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyalJames101 » 12 Feb 2011 18:51

Thou Voice

Even though he made about 5 brilliant saves to keep us in the game? :roll:

126 posts