Cardiff punishment

178 posts
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Cardiff punishment

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 Mar 2011 15:58

Z175
BBC sport In Reading's case, they admitted the first charge of failure to control their players and were fined £25,000 and "warned as to their future conduct."

The club denied the second charge but an independent regulatory commission found the charge proven and fined Reading a further £10,000.

They were also ordered to pay a £5,000 fine suspended from a previous hearing, which was to be invoked if the Royals committed a similar breach before the end of next season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 387145.stm

This makes more sense now as £25,000 seems more appropriate.

I wonder what the second charge was though? We need better lawyers!
And can anyone remember the previous breach?

The second charge was the fracas in the tunnel after the match - they denied it which was odd, as there was no doubt it actually happened and they were involved. They should have pleaded guilty but with with mitigating circumstances (provocation).

Previous breach was away at Swansea last season.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 16 Mar 2011 17:57

No news yet then?

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 16 Mar 2011 20:47

Surprise Surprise :roll:

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 16 Mar 2011 21:07

Even the Cardiff fans think the Welsh FA are a joke but obviously are delighted for the leniency they are always shown.

For those that don't yet know Bellamy was cleared of all charges and Cardiff were fined £5000.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Mar 2011 21:09

If they are governed by the FAW they should play in their poxy league and play The New Saints and Porthmadog everyweek and take Swansea with them

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 16 Mar 2011 21:11

Anyone take Dirk up on his wager?

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 16 Mar 2011 21:11

Bellamy found not guilty!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 16 Mar 2011 21:16

Svlad Cjelli
URZZZZZZZZ It will be a fine, and no ban for Bellamy. There's no way those backward, sheep shagging bastards will hinder their hopes of getting one of their teams in the Premiership.

I'm happy to bet whatever sum of money you like that Bellamy will get a ban.

It's a shame I didn't see this sooner, I suppose I can just be smug instead! 8)

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 Mar 2011 21:20

An apology.

As I was aware of the weight of evidence against Craig Bellamy for single-handedly sparking a fracas in the tunnel after the match in question, I was supremely confident that there was no way he would not be found guilty and suspended.

For this not to happen I assumed that the evidence against Mr Bellamy was so strong that the Football Association of Wales would have no alterer native other than to be objective, fair-minded, and reach judgements with integrity and in the interests of natural justice.

I now realise that I was wrong in making this assumption and I would like to apologise unreservedly for any embarrassment caused.

Far from the royal crowds

by Far from the royal crowds » 16 Mar 2011 21:28

http://www.faw.org.uk/news/2095

"On Wednesday 16th March 2011, a Disciplinary Panel of the Football Association of Wales considered two charges against Cardiff City FC and one charge against Craig Bellamy relating to the Football League Championship match, Cardiff City v Reading played on the 1st February 2011.

Cardiff City FC were charged with two breaches of FAW Rule 24.2.13 for the alleged failure of its players to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion during and following the conclusion of the match.

In advance of the hearing, Cardiff City FC accepted the charge relating to the conduct of its players in the tunnel area at the conclusion of the match. In consideration of the mitigating evidence offered, the Panel imposed a fine of £5,000.

The Panel also determined that the charge relating to the conduct of the players whilst on the pitch was not proven.

Craig Bellamy was charged with a breach of FAW Rule 24.2.9 for his alleged improper conduct following the conclusion of the match. The charge is in relation to an incident in or around the tunnel area.

The Panel determined, in consideration of the evidence presented, that the charge against Craig Bellamy was found not proven"

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 16 Mar 2011 21:30

Svlad Cjelli An apology.

As I was aware of the weight of evidence against Craig Bellamy for single-handedly sparking a fracas in the tunnel after the match in question, I was supremely confident that there was no way he would not be found guilty and suspended.

For this not to happen I assumed that the evidence against Mr Bellamy was so strong that the Football Association of Wales would have no alterer native other than to be objective, fair-minded, and reach judgements with integrity and in the interests of natural justice.

I now realise that I was wrong in making this assumption and I would like to apologise unreservedly for any embarrassment caused.

:lol: Don't worry about it!

We all knew Bellamy was guilty, I just couldn't see the FAW punishing Cardiff because they are a strong contender to be the first Welsh team in the Premiership. It disgusting and pathetic, but they've been doing it for years.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 16 Mar 2011 21:36

Far from the royal crowds http://www.faw.org.uk/news/2095

"On Wednesday 16th March 2011, a Disciplinary Panel of the Football Association of Wales considered two charges against Cardiff City FC and one charge against Craig Bellamy relating to the Football League Championship match, Cardiff City v Reading played on the 1st February 2011.

Cardiff City FC were charged with two breaches of FAW Rule 24.2.13 for the alleged failure of its players to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion during and following the conclusion of the match.

In advance of the hearing, Cardiff City FC accepted the charge relating to the conduct of its players in the tunnel area at the conclusion of the match. In consideration of the mitigating evidence offered, the Panel imposed a fine of £5,000.

The Panel also determined that the charge relating to the conduct of the players whilst on the pitch was not proven.

Craig Bellamy was charged with a breach of FAW Rule 24.2.9 for his alleged improper conduct following the conclusion of the match. The charge is in relation to an incident in or around the tunnel area.

The Panel determined, in consideration of the evidence presented, that the charge against Craig Bellamy was found not proven"

Looks like Cardiff missed a trick by admitting one of the charges, as their mates on the panel would probably have let them off that as well.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 16 Mar 2011 21:36

This is a oxf*rd joke. Can't we appeal against this decision?

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 16 Mar 2011 21:39

5k fine!!!

Whats that in Sterling?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Mar 2011 21:44

No Hoops 5k fine!!!

Whats that in Sterling?

I don't understand this question?

Rax

by Rax » 16 Mar 2011 21:45

It's an absolute disgrace - the FAW were never, ever in a million years going to do anything that would put Cardiff's place in the EPL in danger.

Impartial my bottom!!

It's the reason why I was happy Wrexham got relegated - all three of them and the other 'exiles' should either be governed by the English FA or be forced to join the Welsh league.

Why, why, why am I even surprised by this??

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 16 Mar 2011 21:50

GIVE US OUR BERWICK RANGERS BACK

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 16 Mar 2011 21:57

Almost hope they do go up. They'll never get away with this sort of thing with all the cameras out in the Premier League.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 Mar 2011 21:57

Sarah Star Almost hope they do go up. They'll never get away with this sort of thing with all the cameras out in the Premier League.

I don't think Scudamore would allow it.

Rax

by Rax » 16 Mar 2011 22:01

Now there's a question - if Berwick misbehave then they are dealt with by the English FA or not??

178 posts