Williams on his way back to Scunny

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Williams on his way back to Scunny

by brendywendy » 24 Mar 2011 19:32

floyd__streete
brendywendy maybe he was replaced because his confidence took such a battering from hearing big meanies like you shouting at him telling him he was shit.

Oh pass the hankie, I am sure several grand a week for being crap at your job helps soften the enormous psychologival blow.

and what by jiminy does money have to do with it?
what is the threshhold ammount above which its ok to abuse someone for having a bad day?

royal-ross

by royal-ross » 24 Mar 2011 19:47

Good riddance! A cheap full back replacement which could never fill the boots of Berty from last season. Made too mnay mistakes for my liking and looked out of his depth with us.

Good luck to him but he won't be missed.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 24 Mar 2011 20:20

Good luck to him. Hopefully the playing time will help him. From what I've heard, not having seen the games first hand, the consensus opinion was he was pretty dire when he played for us. I do appreciate the points people are making about Cummings and where he eventually ended up in terms of form after his earlier struggles but right now with us pushing for the top 6 and the squad being in the good form it is Williams just wasn't going to see the pitch with us. Plus it sounds like a lot of our injured lads are close to returning. So this news makes perfect sense...

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 24 Mar 2011 20:34

Still a Reading player. Has my support. Shame he hasn't been able to make more of an impact. maybe he will in hte future. Can't rule it out, we've heard so many times that so and so is rubbish and will never be a footballer (Long, Kebe, Cummings, to name but three). Daft to slag him off on so little direct evidence.

That's all. Eyethangyew.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 24 Mar 2011 21:39

Still think he can follow the steps of Cummings and he'll get a decent chance!

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Mar 2011 22:26

Peterboro shipped 11 goals in the 3 games he played for them on loan!!

Mistaken signing, so what if he was, probably a 3rd tier player. Sometimes you have to take a chance.

So far McD has taken on players that were already here, in time we may see a team that he has brought in. as it is he has signed 5 players on contracts, Harte is the most successful of those 5, Manset looks good tho.

If he can get Ledge in permanant in the summer we will be starting to look at a spine signed by McD

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 24 Mar 2011 23:14

Peterboro shipped 11 goals in the 3 games he played for them on loan!!

Classic reading inbetween the lines statement. They got destroyed on his debut but he was solid. Think Peterborough made 3 subs at half time including centre half Bennett who had a mare in the 45.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Mar 2011 01:48

Harpers So Solid Crew Peterboro shipped 11 goals in the 3 games he played for them on loan!!

Mistaken signing, so what if he was, probably a 3rd tier player. Sometimes you have to take a chance.

So far McD has taken on players that were already here, in time we may see a team that he has brought in. as it is he has signed 5 players on contracts, Harte is the most successful of those 5, Manset looks good tho.

If he can get Ledge in permanant in the summer we will be starting to look at a spine signed by McD

I think Griffin's been the best signing personally. Amazed you haven't given him a mention.

Optimist

by Optimist » 25 Mar 2011 02:39

Agreed I'd love to see him do a Cummings, I want to see all RFC players do well; but last season Shaun wasn't loaned out once let alone twice. And even though BM told Cummings he could leave I reckon he knew he could make it at this level, just not in his Reading team. If Williams cant even get in the squad during an injury crisis or when another LB is struggling with MS, BM (who has of course worked as a scout) knows he has nothing to offer and he'll be gone in the summer. But good luck to him.