Re: Kitson reception

by Royalee » 31 Mar 2011 23:29

No, you're a retard. Night.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Apr 2011 07:00

Royalee
Ian Royal The only negative for him here was his drink driving charge. His actions causing and around that were a huge disappointmenf for me in the man. But otherwise I don't think I could name a player who was more intelligently outspoken and absolute quality on the pitch...

I get the feeling if McAnuff courted the media more he could come close. He strikes me as a well grounded (in comparison to most), intelligent and gifted footballer.

Oh cut the crap, some jobsworth probably hadn't been getting any and picked on him, he had no previous history of doing anything untoward and has done nothing since. It's mongs like you who believe everything those in power in society do without question who are the reason this country is in decline.

If you are ever effected by the actions of a drink driver, I'd hate to think a jobsworth was around to pick on the perpetrator. Kitson refused to provide a sample. It's a tacit admission of guilt and an incredibly stupid thing for someone of his intelligence to do.

You really are a cretin Royalee.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 01 Apr 2011 08:27

Royalee
Ian Royal The only negative for him here was his drink driving charge. His actions causing and around that were a huge disappointmenf for me in the man. But otherwise I don't think I could name a player who was more intelligently outspoken and absolute quality on the pitch...

I get the feeling if McAnuff courted the media more he could come close. He strikes me as a well grounded (in comparison to most), intelligent and gifted footballer.

Oh cut the crap, some jobsworth probably hadn't been getting any and picked on him, he had no previous history of doing anything untoward and has done nothing since. It's mongs like you who believe everything those in power in society do without question who are the reason this country is in decline.

I assume you're referring to the Kitson incident and not the second paragraph. If so youy're so far wide of the mark as to be missing by a planet's width!

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 01 Apr 2011 10:38

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 01 Apr 2011 11:04

nice lad i reckon..

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2011 12:13

Svlad Cjelli
Royalee

I assume you're referring to the Kitson incident and not the second paragraph. If so youy're so far wide of the mark as to be missing by a planet's width!

Royalee in not having a clue what's talking about related shocker. :roll:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 01 Apr 2011 12:28

Royalee

Anyone who uses the term "mong" as an insult is a low-life who isn't worth spit.

hiro

by hiro » 01 Apr 2011 14:52

W&E Royal I love David Kitson. No one should ever give him shit.

Indeed. I have two jersey shirts that Kitson 12 printed on the back. I am proud of having those.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Apr 2011 20:09

'Kitson is (still) a Royal'!!

A fine succession of misses, a few well placed passes to our players and his superb display for us capped by the way he bravely thrust his head in the way of a goalbound Pompey shot towards the end of the game! :lol:

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 02 Apr 2011 22:01

Dave was looking a little out of sorts today, missing 2 chances I would have put money on he would put away. Fortunately he made a quick recovery to block a goal bound strike, and then after the whistle clapped the Reading fans.

Dave Kitson - Still a Reading legend in my eyes.

Royal Marine

by Royal Marine » 02 Apr 2011 22:14

firstdivision Dave was looking a little out of sorts today, missing 2 chances I would have put money on he would put away. Fortunately he made a quick recovery to block a goal bound strike, and then after the whistle clapped the Reading fans.

Dave Kitson - Still a Reading legend in my eyes.

That's a fair summary. He wasn't what we came to expect from him today, and thank god too. He should have been on the score sheet at least once, twice maybe, and then as you quite rightly say blocking what looked a goal bond effort. He was a favourite of mine when he was here and it was great to see him show his respect to the Reading fans at the end. We haven't had many as committed as Dave Kitson. Terrific forward.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Apr 2011 22:19

Kitson played very well apart from his finishing, anyone who thinks otherwise wasn't at the game. He did some great pieces of buildup play, but his finishing was way below par.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Apr 2011 00:49

FiNeRaIn Kitson played very well apart from his finishing, anyone who thinks otherwise wasn't at the game. He did some great pieces of buildup play, but his finishing was way below par.

his movement was excellent, he always got himself in positions to score and also linked up play very well - he really is a class act. If he'd started the season with us - he'd have 20+ goals as would Long and we'd be top of the league...

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 03 Apr 2011 01:09

A friend of my son did some work experience with the Pompey physio. He said that Dave Kitson never stopped moaning. :lol:

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 03 Apr 2011 14:23

I hope he got a good reception before the game?

Is his Stoke contract up at the end of the season? I wonder if we might be tempted to try and bring him back as Long's replacement.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Apr 2011 14:48

I gave him a good reception. Legend

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Apr 2011 14:52

After his performance yesterday who could not love him? True royal at heart :P

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Apr 2011 17:12

roadrunner I hope he got a good reception before the game?

Is his Stoke contract up at the end of the season? I wonder if we might be tempted to try and bring him back as Long's replacement.

Kitson has a very limited lifespan as a striker and he hasn't been the same since his big injury, certainly since he left us. I'd take the Kitson of 5 years ago like a shot, but I'd rather we didn't get him back now. And he really wouldn't suit our current style of play at all IMO.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 03 Apr 2011 17:13

He did get a good reception although Halford, and surprisingly (to me at least) Ashdown both got booed!

Overheard an interesting conversation between two Pompey fans on the way back to the car park yesterday. They were saying how he may be a legend for us but we can have him back, one said they'd drive him themself, also missing 2 open goals and a great defender for us etc etc. My dad and I chuckled at all this and then more chuckling ensued when they commented that we got 5m for him (which even at his peak i thought was a good deal for us).

As for coming back, would rather not. Coming back the last time soured my opinion of him (more off the pitch with the things that came out around the time). Looked a shadow of his former self yesterday, that was the worst performance i've seen from him. When he's good he's very good but when things aren't going for him he can look lazy and sluggish imo. Ian above also makes a good point about him not fitting into the team shape too. He likes to drop deep so he wouldn't be particularly effective if we played him as a lone striker, woukld be better in the role that Hunt has played this season.
Last edited by KC Royal on 03 Apr 2011 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 03 Apr 2011 17:15

KC Royal

He did get a good reception although Halford, and surprisingly (to me at least) Ashdown both got booed!

Overheard an interesting conversation between two Pompey fans on the way back to the car park yesterday. They were saying how he may be a legend for us but we can have him back, one said they'd drive him themself, also missing 2 open goals and a great defender for us etc etc. My dad and I chuckled at all this and then more chuckling ensued when they commented that we got 5m for him (which even at his peak i thought was a good deal for us).

As for coming back, no thanks! Coming back the last time soured my opinion of him (more off the pitch with the things that came out around the time). Looked a shadow of his former self yesterday, that was the worst performance i've seen from him. When he's good he's very good but when things aren't going for him he can look lazy and sluggish imo.

ASHDOWN WAS BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE IN THE GROUND DIDNT KNOW WHO HE IS, SO JUST BOOD BECAUSE HE WAS THE FIRST NAME TO BE CALLED OUT FROM THEIR TEAM. HALFORDS WAS A PROPER BOO THOUGH, WHICH AGAIN WAS A BIT SILLY, HE JUST DIDNT DO WELL HERE AND LEFT, ITS NOT LIKE WE HAVE ANY GRUDGE OR OWT

(OOPS CAPS LOCK)

123 posts