Noel Hunt

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Noel Hunt

by rhroyal » 14 Apr 2011 10:44

Feel free to move this to any generic injuries & suspensions thread; only I couldn't find one to put it in.

Anybody know how long until Hunt is likely to be back? Him and Long were really clicking and whilst Manset looks like a prospect, I'd like to see the pair reunited if the opportunity is there on Saturday.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Noel Hunt

by JC » 14 Apr 2011 10:51

I take it you did not notice that he was on the bench on Tuesday

Motown

by Motown » 14 Apr 2011 10:54

He was on the bench on Tuesday for the Scunthorpe game, as don't think he'd of been on the bench unless he was 100% fit considering the amount of players we took for those 2 games.
But I think it would be a little unfair for him to walk straight back when Manset has done alright and we haven't lost.
Good though that have 2 different striking options on the bench now with Hunt and Church

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 14 Apr 2011 14:47

Motown He was on the bench on Tuesday for the Scunthorpe game, as don't think he'd of been on the bench unless he was 100% fit considering the amount of players we took for those 2 games.
But I think it would be a little unfair for him to walk straight back when Manset has done alright and we haven't lost.
Good though that have 2 different striking options on the bench now with Hunt and Church

2 options???? I personally dont see Church as an option

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Apr 2011 14:48

bigmike 2 options???? I personally dont see Church as an option

You might want to check out the result of the away game at Forest then.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 14 Apr 2011 14:54

or check out previous early writings off of a multitude of other reading players

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2011 17:51

bigmike
Motown He was on the bench on Tuesday for the Scunthorpe game, as don't think he'd of been on the bench unless he was 100% fit considering the amount of players we took for those 2 games.

You personally don't matter a damn.

Hunt played in a friendly the other day - Northampton? - (didn't score) and was on the bench against Scunny, so he's probably not far off. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts against Leicester as he drops into midfield and helps out there better than Manset does.

Then again, Manset has probably earnt a little run in the side. And Church has finally scored again, so maybe it's time to try him again and see if we can get himsome confidence and firing properly.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 14 Apr 2011 18:02

RobRoyal

o.g

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Apr 2011 18:08

Maguire
RobRoyal

o.g

Wasn't though, was it?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 14 Apr 2011 18:38

i think it was an OG as it ended up in the net! LOL
Church is very much an option due to his workrate and pace. He played very well v pompey and away at cardiff and forest.
The beast is awesome but I like him as the option on the bench
Noel links with shane very well so will start on saturday I think.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 14 Apr 2011 23:37

we will struggle in the last 5 games due to our "strike force"

prostak
Hob Nob Regular

by prostak » 15 Apr 2011 01:14

He seemed to be skipping round Andy Griffin outside Jamie's Italian this afternoon. They honestly looked like a care worker and client.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Apr 2011 07:55

bigmike

You don't need to. The management are the ones who arbitrate on that decision and they seem to value his input.

A HNA 'pundit' v A qualified coach and manager.

I know which one I'll listen to.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 15 Apr 2011 08:01

Billy Davies is a qualified manager, not all managers make the right decision each time, however you dont really hear any manager slagging off a player in their club.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 15 Apr 2011 09:41

Ian Royal
bigmike

You personally don't matter a damn.

Hunt played in a friendly the other day - Northampton? - (didn't score) and was on the bench against Scunny, so he's probably not far off. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts against Leicester as he drops into midfield and helps out there better than Manset does.

Then again, Manset has probably earnt a little run in the side. And Church has finally scored again, so maybe it's time to try him again and see if we can get himsome confidence and firing properly.

Yeahh, because now's the time to be trying to work confidence into our strikers...

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Apr 2011 09:52

Harpers So Solid Crew Billy Davies is a qualified manager, not all managers make the right decision each time, however you dont really hear any manager slagging off a player in their club.

Apart from Billy Davies, although he doesn't single out one player

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 15 Apr 2011 09:55

West Stand Man
bigmike

You don't need to. The management are the ones who arbitrate on that decision and they seem to value his input.

A HNA 'pundit' v A qualified coach and manager.

I know which one I'll listen to.

Everytime I have seen Church come on this season it has been almost as if we have gone down to 10 men. Appart from the OG that he has claimed he got a touch on almost every other touch that he has had after coming on as a sub has gone to an opponent ..

Sure he must be doing something well in training and he is a prospect but to be fair even he would admit that he has had a shocker this season so far.

Dont get me wrong I hope he scores 15 - 20 goals in the next 5 matches but I just dont see it happening at the moement

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 15 Apr 2011 10:21

I wish people would stop writing off Church's "goal" on Saturday. True, it did look like an OG. However if Church hadn't made the run and put pressure on the defender to get there first, it simply wouldn't have happened.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 15 Apr 2011 10:28

rhroyal I wish people would stop writing off Church's "goal" on Saturday. True, it did look like an OG. However if Church hadn't made the run and put pressure on the defender to get there first, it simply wouldn't have happened.

Much as it MAY have been a Church touch (it looked like an OG real-time and on TV)
and much as I agree that Church's pressure may have contributed

Had I said the same sort of thing about Shane's "pressure" a while back, I'd've been pilloried for it.

I suspect Simon will do OK next year. He showed he had talent last year, but he's not looked great in 2010-11. BUT HE HAS SCORED SOME IMPORTANT GOALS

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 15 Apr 2011 10:33

RobRoyal
Maguire
RobRoyal You might want to check out the result of the away game at Forest then.

o.g

Wasn't though, was it?

Yeah it was. Goal-shy striker in claiming a little touch shocker. Defender buried that one.