QPR points deduction?

1341 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: QPR points deduction?

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2011 18:55

FiNeRaIn When are they actually going to issue this punishment?

Day before the final game.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 14 Apr 2011 19:09

And that's only saying what the punishment, if any, is. They can appeal - so any punishment won't affect the standings of the final league table imo - it will be a massive fine (which won't even be that massive for them) and 3 points :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2011 19:23

Royal Lady And that's only saying what the punishment, if any, is. They can appeal - so any punishment won't affect the standings of the final league table imo - it will be a massive fine (which won't even be that massive for them) and 3 points :evil: :evil: :evil:

Are we certain an appeal will be allowed? The FA could say it's decision is final and binding.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 14 Apr 2011 19:43

Tony Le Mesmer Seriously though, if they get off pretty much scott free you have to ask yourself why you still go to professional games in football anymore.

Countless teams financial doping and affectively getting away with it, Pompey in the extreme, football clubs being stolen by other towns (MK Dons), the Carlos Tevez affair, the whole "im a professional footballer so im above the law" thing. Sooner or later the game will just collapse like its done in Italy. And the bigger you are the harder you fall.

Nailed on with laser guided accuracy! And to mind the presence of MK Dons in the top tiers of the game still typifies everything that is rotten with the English professional game.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 14 Apr 2011 20:08

Are your average QPR fans at all worried about this deduction hanging over them? Perhaps someone could paste a link here to their forum?

I know one QPR fan and he wasn't bothered in the slightest.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 14 Apr 2011 20:35

Ups and Downs Are your average QPR fans at all worried about this deduction hanging over them? Perhaps someone could paste a link here to their forum?

Response from a QPR acquaintance of mine:

"FA has no money and they are too scared of our petty cash...as for second, thats going to be Cardiff ;-)"

Colin oxf*rd can just oxf*rd off and take his Italian rent boy with him

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 14 Apr 2011 20:44

Ups and Downs

Sounds about right

I know one QPR fan who was barely even aware this was all going on :|

They know as well as we do, the FA are going to do exactly that. FA

DavidM62

by DavidM62 » 14 Apr 2011 21:24

It will be a 10 point deduction, a large fine and a condition that should it happen again they will be automatically relegated.

10 points will mean no change to the table, money will be no object.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2011 21:37

DavidM62 It will be a 10 point deduction, a large fine and a condition that should it happen again they will be automatically relegated.

10 points will mean no change to the table, money will be no object.

Exactly ten points off right now would mean

1 41 72 QPR
2 41 72 Cardiff
3 41 71 Norwich
4 41 70 Swansea
5 41 69 Reading

Would make it very interesting

12 Points?

1 41 72 Cardiff
2 41 71 Norwich
3 41 70 QPR
4 41 70 Swansea
5 41 69 Reading

16 Points?

1 41 72 Cardiff
2 41 71 Norwich
3 41 70 Swansea
4 41 69 Reading
5 41 66 QPR
6 41 64 Leeds

41 66 QPR

6 Leeds 64
7 Forest 63
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 62 (with 20 point deduction)

8 Millwall 41 11 6 4 35 20 5 7 8 20 22 13 61
9 Leicester 41 11 6 4 40 23 6 3 11 24 37 4 60
10 Hull 41 6 7 7 15 13 9 8 4 30 28 4 60

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 14 Apr 2011 21:40

Blimey, QPR have a tough finish! They could easily lost 4 of their 5 remaining games.

QPR v Derby........ Presume a comfortable win
Cardiff v QPR...... Obviously a tough one.
QPR v Hull.......... Hull are unbeaten away for about 40 years
Watford v QPR..... Definitely could drop points there
QPR v Leeds........ Leeds may well need a win or draw to make the PO's, so could be a huge match

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 14 Apr 2011 22:12

4-6 point deduction. Conveniently it will make no difference.

philM

by philM » 14 Apr 2011 22:14

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 15 Apr 2011 09:25

He's a cockend isn't he?

Relegation is the only non-fudge punishment available

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 15 Apr 2011 10:04

RoyalBlue And to mind the presence of MK Dons in the top tiers of the game still typifies everything that is rotten with the English professional game.

Yes, but don't you think that the football authorities have learnt from that and are embarrassed by it - and have tightened up their processes to make sure the same sort of cock-up doesn't happen again?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Apr 2011 10:09

Tony Le Mesmer We are going to finish 3rd, QPR will get points deducted and we will go up. Its justice for 1995!

Seriously though, if they get off pretty much scott free you have to ask yourself why you still go to professional games in football anymore.

Countless teams financial doping and affectively getting away with it, Pompey in the extreme, football clubs being stolen by other towns (MK Dons), the Carlos Tevez affair, the whole "im a professional footballer so im above the law" thing. Sooner or later the game will just collapse like its done in Italy. And the bigger you are the harder you fall.

One of the reasons why I much prefer the non-league circuit to the professional one.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 15 Apr 2011 10:20

That link with Warnock saying he'll be letting the players celebrate promotion on Monday if results go their way and he's not worried about the outcome of the FA hearing, makes me want the FA to slap a 20 point reduction and a £50 million fine on them. But they won't. :evil: :twisted:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Apr 2011 10:32

The thing is, although all the QPR players will be aware of what's going on, Colin will deliberately be giving off an air of absolute and total confidence because he will want to ensure they accumulate every point possible from now until the end of the season. He will want to be in a position where if they get a 20 point deduction they would still go up automatically.

As soon as he gives out any sign of concern about what the future might hold the confidence and focus of the players could waver and points be lost.

He's just doing what any good manager would do.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 15 Apr 2011 10:35

The timing of the hearing speaks volumes and says to me that the judgement has already been made before the case has even been heard - it will be a wrist slap and a fine.......

this also gives the FA a perfect opportunity to not have to make the right decision ........there was plenty of opportunity to have this case heard weeks before the actual date and the fact theyve timed up when they have ...says it all...under law, QPR would also have a right to appeal which would further extend the fiasco and makes any punitive action such as a large points deduction a non-starter

even the bookies have odds up to 1/100 on QPR being crowned champs, and bookies rarely get it wrong , so they must know too

another example of the spineless FA

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 15 Apr 2011 10:40

Tony Le Mesmer We are going to finish 3rd, QPR will get points deducted and we will go up. Its justice for 1995!

Seriously though, if they get off pretty much scott free you have to ask yourself why you still go to professional games in football anymore.

My thoughts entirely. I was at the Pompey game, and will be going tomorrow, as these are two teams I loathe with a passion. Both have played the system, cheated their way through to a cup final win/promotion and got away with it. I'm still seething over the fact that Pompey signed two 20K per weeks players before the ink was even dry on the CVA. Utter contempt for the businesses they shafted and the average man in the street.

If, a big if admittedly, we do go up, I think we have a genuine right to be proud of ourselves for achieving success in a normal, business-like manner without resorting to financial doping and shady dealings.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 15 Apr 2011 10:45

DOYLERSAROYALER The timing of the hearing speaks volumes and says to me that the judgement has already been made before the case has even been heard - it will be a wrist slap and a fine.......

this also gives the FA a perfect opportunity to not have to make the right decision ........there was plenty of opportunity to have this case heard weeks before the actual date and the fact theyve timed up when they have ...says it all...under law, QPR would also have a right to appeal which would further extend the fiasco and makes any punitive action such as a large points deduction a non-starter

even the bookies have odds up to 1/100 on QPR being crowned champs, and bookies rarely get it wrong , so they must know too

another example of the spineless FA

its oxf*rd pathetic, and potentially corrupt to be fair.
if they ignore the precedents they are a oxf*rd disgrace, and all teh other teams who got points taken off them for the same thing should be sueing the FA

1341 posts