Reading vs Leicester - match thread

131 posts
DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading vs Leicester - match thread

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 Apr 2011 17:29

brendywendy motm jimmy kebe.mainly for winning me 280 quid. Could have scored 4. Griffin also excellent, and kish and mills and jobi.karacan had his 4th good game in a row.top stuff lads.above swansea today, above cardiff next week. Go 2nd at cov. Champions when qpr get points deducted. Easy.

...points deducted...aint going to happen

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Apr 2011 17:33

DOYLERSAROYALER
brendywendy motm jimmy kebe.mainly for winning me 280 quid. Could have scored 4. Griffin also excellent, and kish and mills and jobi.karacan had his 4th good game in a row.top stuff lads.above swansea today, above cardiff next week. Go 2nd at cov. Champions when qpr get points deducted. Easy.

I wouldn't bet on it if Brendy's predicted it. He's got the last 8 results in a row right I think.

PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

by PremAddict » 16 Apr 2011 18:10

Ian Royal
DOYLERSAROYALER

I wouldn't bet on it if Brendy's predicted it. He's got the last 8 results in a row right I think.

Fingers crossed but even if we win all last 4 and don't make second, no team will want to play us. Hard to think of Reading as NOT the best in the npower at the mo...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Apr 2011 18:11

One of the best games in a while! Leicester have some quality players and could have scored at least 3 - we could have had at least 5. McD really has worked a miracle when you think of where we were and how we were playing just weeks ago.

I'm going to be greedy now and say I don't want play-offs, I want auto promotion and it actually is within the realms of possibility!! We should be ok now for at least the play-offs - bloody well done McD, Nige and every single one of the players.

tink

by tink » 16 Apr 2011 18:19

I fear it's got to be automatic promotion or nothing for us this season.

Always seems to be that the team that does best in the play offs is the team that has the momentum, and the way things are going for us, i think we could end up being deflated if we fail to snatch automatic promotion.

I can just see it: on the last day, results go against, auto was in touching distance, and suddenly, we're stuck in the lottery of the play-offs again.

Then someone like forest will sneak 6th on the last day, think they're the best team in the league, and storm the play-offs.

I wish i could be more optimistic, but i'm just trying to brace myself for the inevitable disappointment

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Apr 2011 18:21

tink I fear it's got to be automatic promotion or nothing for us this season.

Always seems to be that the team that does best in the play offs is the team that has the momentum, and the way things are going for us, i think we could end up being deflated if we fail to snatch automatic promotion.

I can just see it: on the last day, results go against, auto was in touching distance, and suddenly, we're stuck in the lottery of the play-offs again.

Then someone like forest will sneak 6th on the last day, think they're the best team in the league, and storm the play-offs.

I wish i could be more optimistic, but i'm just trying to brace myself for the inevitable disappointment

Can you just help me out with 'momentum' ?
Apparently, we haven't got that !! :shock:

tink

by tink » 16 Apr 2011 18:24

Franchise FC
tink I fear it's got to be automatic promotion or nothing for us this season.

Can you just help me out with 'momentum' ?
Apparently, we haven't got that !! :shock:

It won't last tho - the bubble will burst!

If we keep on winning, and we miss out on auto because cardiff keep winning then fair enough, we should carry that momentum into the play-offs, but i think there's a danger that if we miss out on auto then we will hit a wall and lose all of our momentum

firstdivision

by firstdivision » 16 Apr 2011 18:51

Our goal difference is superior to Cardiff and Norwich, so that may just be the difference..

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Apr 2011 18:51

firstdivision Our goal difference is superior to Cardiff and Norwich, so that may just be the difference..

Yep - the 'goal' difference

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 16 Apr 2011 19:42

That counter-attacking today was just superb. Jimmy and Jobi were too hot for them. Lots of good blocks by the back four as well.
Next week is pivotal. Ipswich are 6 points off the play-offs. They will know that if they beat Norwich and we beat Leeds they are realistic play-off contenders. That has to help us as they will go all out against Norwich. Cardiff may easily drop at least two points to QPR. If we can beat Leeds............

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 16 Apr 2011 19:53

What a game... That goes down as my game of the season to date with both sides willing to have a go with Reading coming out well on top, we should have had more with the chances that Kebe missed at the start of the second half.

The defenders blocked everything that Leicester threw at us I lost count on the number with Long, Kebe and Karacan superb.

Keep this up with other results going our way in the next few games we could seal an automatic palce

131 posts