Back from the game - Leicester (H)

153 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game - Leicester (H)

by Mr Angry » 17 Apr 2011 09:46

After Leicester's 1st substitution, they had 7 loanees on the pitch!

:o

I'm amazed thats even allowed!!

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 Apr 2011 09:53

Mr Angry After Leicester's 1st substitution, they had 7 loanees on the pitch!

I only make it five - Naughton, van Aanholt, Bruma, Yakubu, Kamara - and that is also the maximum allowed hence why Sonko hasn't been featuring for Portsmouth.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 17 Apr 2011 10:06

Is five the number of players on the pitch at the same time, or the number in your squad?

Hozza

by Hozza » 17 Apr 2011 11:25

Wycombe Royal
Mr Angry After Leicester's 1st substitution, they had 7 loanees on the pitch!

I only make it five - Naughton, van Aanholt, Bruma, Yakubu, Kamara - and that is also the maximum allowed hence why Sonko hasn't been featuring for Portsmouth.

Isn't Miguel Vitor also on loan (from Benfica)? In that case when he came on in the 2nd half Leicester had 6 loanees on the pitch until Kamara came off.

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 17 Apr 2011 11:31

They definitely had 6....I SWEAR THAT'S NOT ALLOWED. :shock:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Apr 2011 11:49

robb the royal And for everyone who was saying (around me anyway), that the ref was rubbish... thats a load of crap, he was strict at the start, set the tone for the game, played advantage well throughout the game.

Except at the end when he blew for a free kick when Long was through on goal. Horrendous non-use of the advantage, absolutely woeful. And I didn't see an apology afterwards, not that he has to but he should have at least acknowledged that he got it wrong. Long was clean through!!!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Apr 2011 11:51

They had 6.

Bruma and Van Aanholt from Chelsea, Yakubu from Everton, Kamara from Fulham,Naughton from Spurs, Vitor from Benfica.

Maximum was 5 in a 16 man squad, it may have gone up to 6 in an 18 man but not sure.

EDIT: Appears it's still 5, so unless one of the listed has become a perm signing then they have broken those rules.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 17 Apr 2011 11:56

Maximum was 5 in a 16 man squad, it may have gone up to 6 in an 18 man but not sure.

It hasn't. It's just because the lad from Benfica doesn't count because he's from abroad. The max is 5 from England.

Bucks Dave

by Bucks Dave » 17 Apr 2011 12:01

On the Leicester OS Sven says "When we lost the ball during the second half, it was like a motorway going in the other direction".

Amen to that.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Apr 2011 12:02

biscuitman

It hasn't. It's just because the lad from Benfica doesn't count because he's from abroad. The max is 5 from England.

So in theory a club could have 11 loanees playing - 5 from England and 6 from abroad?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Apr 2011 12:12

Bucks Dave On the Leicester OS Sven says "When we lost the ball during the second half, it was like a motorway going in the other direction".

Amen to that.

Kebe sprinting 90yds in 11 seconds is just incredible. A lot faster players would struggle to do that without dribbling a football.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 17 Apr 2011 12:29

a few with the annoying trait quoting stats, as if saying we scored from 3 of 4 shots on target means we only had 4 good chances in the match.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 17 Apr 2011 13:31

handbags_harris
robb the royal And for everyone who was saying (around me anyway), that the ref was rubbish... thats a load of crap, he was strict at the start, set the tone for the game, played advantage well throughout the game.

Except at the end when he blew for a free kick when Long was through on goal. Horrendous non-use of the advantage, absolutely woeful. And I didn't see an apology afterwards, not that he has to but he should have at least acknowledged that he got it wrong. Long was clean through!!!

True- but fwiw I thought Long had fouled the defender.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Apr 2011 13:33

The Rouge
handbags_harris

True- but fwiw I thought Long had fouled the defender.

It was 6 of one half a dozen of the other. No decision should have been made either way.

Once the decision was made that Long had been fouled, he should have played advantage anyhow.

Failure on 2 counts. He had a decent enough game otherwise though. Overly fussy and pedantic about where free kicks were taken from etc. Apart from that, not real problems.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 17 Apr 2011 13:34

handbags_harris

To be fair to the ref it is strongly arguable that Long was clean through because the defender stopped when he saw the lino flagging.

Berthwaite

by Berthwaite » 17 Apr 2011 13:52

West Stand Man
handbags_harris

To be fair to the ref it is strongly arguable that Long was clean through because the defender stopped when he saw the lino flagging.

I agree that the one advantage he should have given was when Long was clear on goal. All the other 'advantages' were no advantage to us. Just because you have the ball, doesn't mean you have the advantage - especially when it is two on five.
If the defender stopped because the linesman was waving his flag, he is at fault and I would reprimand him if I were his manager. Only the referee's whistle is a signal to stop playing.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 17 Apr 2011 15:38

The lino didn't help the ref though. He flagged and it wasn't immediately clear who had caused the infringement. It was only when the ref subsequently blew the whistle (with Long clear through) that the lino signalled in Reading's favour. Annoying but understandable.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 17 Apr 2011 16:10

Great result against a team that can quite clearly play football, they passed it about really well and it did seem at times like we were the away side.

Having said that we did what was needed and i thought Kebe had a blinder. Griffin excelled and Kish really does look the business at the back so assured!

Looking forward to our biggest game of the season on friday, if we win that I am confident we will go on to take 2nd!

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 17 Apr 2011 16:30

Watched this live on the telly with my three girls and the mutt all going potty together. My views:

1) Kebe absolutely destroyed them.
2) Leicester are an enigma. It could have been 4 each at half time.
3) Great defending / blocks and poor finishing from Vassell and Yakubu.
4) Those two Leicester centre backs - are they really professional footballers? Seriously? Seriously crap.
5) Manset needs to some serious fitness work.
6) Griff - great performance, calm, assured, gave Kebe space and I PMSL when he skinned that poncey braided Chelsea chappy
7) Shane - another performance where he worked his nuts off and chased everything

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 17 Apr 2011 16:39

I watched the highlights on BBC which were great for once. My thoughts:

1) Kebe looked amazing, my hair stood on end when I saw him run.

2) What a set up for the first goal from Long.

153 posts