Back from the game - Cardiff (A) - Wembley special.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Cardiff (A) - Wembley special.

by rabidbee » 18 May 2011 17:44

I don't keep food in my fridge. Facaldaqui converted me.

I think the aeroplane was in payment for beer.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 18 May 2011 17:53

papereyes
brendywendy just had a massage, in my hotel room in west wales, re watching again on sky 1. We were So solid,organised,and professional. Incredible performance.so proud of my club.
The reading fans are so loud,and webb was awesome.if hed reffed the first game wed have won that too.didnt put up with any of their shenanigans.
Cummings performance even better on tv, and shane is forever a legend too.
What a lovely way to spend a lazy afternoon!

A happy ending to a good couple of days?
im about as happy as i could be. The only way it could have been improved is with a blow job from the masseuse.but u cant have it all!

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 18 May 2011 18:44

On the conspiracy front, following some Cardiff fans out of the game talking that there was a conspiracy against welsh teams going up to which his mate said 'What about Forest? Is there a conspiracy against teams from Derbyshire going up?'

Didn't have the heart to tell him.

royal-ross

by royal-ross » 18 May 2011 19:10

Some memories from last night. Not the greatest quality but the effect is still the same :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIQ5oKHG22k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9RFfzA9N4

Great performance from the lads, dug in really dead and fully deserved the victory. BRING ON THE SWANSEA!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 May 2011 20:44

It's not often you see someone quite as bias as Brendan Rodgers was on Sky last night. Even more pro Reading than Murty!

As far as he was concerned none of the Cardiff penalty claims were justified, including Griff bear hugging Chopra so he couldn't dive to the floor, whereas ours couldn't have been more clear cut. At one point I am convinced I heard him refer to both 'we' and 'us' when talking about the way Reading played. He was full of praise for everything to do with both Reading FC and Reading as a town.

The guy is clearly going to have very mixed emotions whatever the result on May 30th.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 May 2011 21:16

RoyalBlue It's not often you see someone quite as bias as Brendan Rodgers was on Sky last night. Even more pro Reading than Murty!

As far as he was concerned none of the Cardiff penalty claims were justified, including Griff bear hugging Chopra so he couldn't dive to the floor, whereas ours couldn't have been more clear cut. At one point I am convinced I heard him refer to both 'we' and 'us' when talking about the way Reading played. He was full of praise for everything to do with both Reading FC and Reading as a town.

The guy is clearly going to have very mixed emotions whatever the result on May 30th.

Would be happy to see him win the league next season.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 May 2011 21:31

RoyalBlue At one point I am convinced I heard him refer to both 'we' and 'us' when talking about the way Reading played.

:shock: I thought it was just me! Anyone else catch this or did we both imagine it?

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 18 May 2011 21:44

Platypuss
RoyalBlue At one point I am convinced I heard him refer to both 'we' and 'us' when talking about the way Reading played.

:shock: I thought it was just me! Anyone else catch this or did we both imagine it?

He's still one of us!

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 18 May 2011 22:02

Sarah Star
Platypuss

He's still one of us!

Ssshhh, you'll blow Agent Rodgers cover.
Phase 1 and 2 are complete, Letting Swansea win the league games home and away so they think that they have the upperhand. Phase 3, codenamed OPSCLAW (Operartion Pretty Shitty City Lose At Wembley) is due to commence on May 30. It is vital that Agent Rodgers remains undetected until OPSCLAW has been completed.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 23 May 2011 22:16

Another one not 'appee about Cardeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13484962.stm

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 23 May 2011 22:22

bcubed
bcubed
nailseabiscuitman Can I just put a good word in for some Cardiff fans as they aren`t all complete planks. We parked up next to a car load of CCFC fans and I saw them look as we got out of our car and made a joke to them about if the car would be ok there. No problem they assured us. They caught up with us on the way to the ground and pointed out the best way in and also a better way back to the car. We had a very friendly chat and parted with a friendly handshake with them wishing us luck. Bumped onto them back at the car after the game and they congratulated us, although gutted with the result, shook our hands again and wished us luck in the final . (they reaaallly want us to beat Swansea )
This is how football should be and I am sure in a reverse situation not all of our fans would act the same way.

Probably true but there are still some planks out there

the guy behind me got a cut head from something (a coin?) thrown by Cardiff fans right at the end of the game

And LOL at the Cardiff fan with a group of Royals at Leigh Delamere services who claimed we were lucky to win!

anybody else see this?

I think I saw something. Was it with the Cardiff thugs, sorry, fans, on our left? I saw the guy a few rows in front me getting his head bandaged by a policeman, the police had it all in hand and they were talking to a couple of Cardiff thugs, sorry, fans. I thought I spotted something fly in from the left, but couldn't see what kind of object it was. Thugs.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 May 2011 18:24

SpaceCruiser
bcubed
bcubed
Probably true but there are still some planks out there

the guy behind me got a cut head from something (a coin?) thrown by Cardiff fans right at the end of the game

And LOL at the Cardiff fan with a group of Royals at Leigh Delamere services who claimed we were lucky to win!

anybody else see this?

I think I saw something. Was it with the Cardiff thugs, sorry, fans, on our left? I saw the guy a few rows in front me getting his head bandaged by a policeman, the police had it all in hand and they were talking to a couple of Cardiff thugs, sorry, fans. I thought I spotted something fly in from the left, but couldn't see what kind of object it was. Thugs.

That's exactly what happened but only you me and the guy with the bandage seem to have seen it