"Swansea will love playing on that big wembley pitch"

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

"Swansea will love playing on that big wembley pitch"

by ZacNaloen » 25 May 2011 11:06

Something I saw on Twitter last night, how everyone goes on about how Swansea will love the big Wembley pitch.

Their pitch is the same size as ours, which in turn is the same size as Wembley. All three pitches were built by the same company.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

Re: "Swansea will love playing on that big wembley pitch"

by Gordons Cumming » 25 May 2011 11:24

I love all the positive stuff about Swansea.

It's playing into our hands nicely........ 8)

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 May 2011 11:46

Lets be fair Swansea can't lose, can they?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 25 May 2011 11:52

What?

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 25 May 2011 11:53

On the BBC coverage of the last day of the Premier League season all three pundits were talking about Swansea as if they were already promoted.

"Everyone will really enjoy them in the Premier League and the Liberty Stadium will be a ground everyone will want to visit."

We'll see about that

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 25 May 2011 12:27

Gordons Cumming What?

what, what ?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 May 2011 12:29

ZacNaloen Something I saw on Twitter last night, how everyone goes on about how Swansea will love the big Wembley pitch.

Good to know they'll take something positive from the day at least.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 25 May 2011 12:40

Its a moot point anyway.

Is a bigger pitch more beneficial to a side whose basic philosophy is patient 5-10 yard passes hoping to create space or to a fitter side whose attacking philosophy is to swiftly exploit space on the counter attack?

I remember hearing how Arsenal's style would be far better suited to the Emirates supposed wide open spaces than to Highbury's perceived narrower confines.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 May 2011 13:10

Isn't OUR style suited to the "supposed" wide open spaces of Wembley? Especially if Kebe plays?

I agree that this is all part of the media (and hopefully Swansea) already writing us off.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 25 May 2011 13:13

I certainly believe that would be more the case Mr Angry.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 25 May 2011 13:17

If I was a Swansea player, the LAST person I would want starting against me on Monday is Kebe; our third goal against Leicester - where Kebe ran 91 yds WITH THE BALL in little over 11 seconds - should be imprinted on their collective memories, with the accompanying cold sweat, as they think that something similar could happen to them at Wembley......

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 25 May 2011 13:19

Mr Angry If I was a Swansea player, the LAST person I would want starting against me on Monday is Kebe; our third goal against Leicester - where Kebe ran 91 yds WITH THE BALL in little over 11 seconds - should be imprinted on their collective memories, with the accompanying cold sweat, as they think that something similar could happen to them at Wembley......

Can I amend that slightly ....

If I was a Swansea player, knackered after an hour of defending on a hot Monday afternoon in May, the LAST person I would want to see coming off the bench is a fresh Jimmy Kebe ..............

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 May 2011 15:46

pea On the BBC coverage of the last day of the Premier League season all three pundits were talking about Swansea as if they were already promoted.

"Everyone will really enjoy them in the Premier League and the Liberty Stadium will be a ground everyone will want to visit."

We'll see about that

Funny really, I can't see them doing anything in the PL with their nice passing style... they simply aren't good enough in comparison to the majority of the rest of the teams.

I fully expect QPR and Swansea / Us to come straight back down and Norwich to survive through hard work.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 25 May 2011 16:00

Ian Royal
I fully expect QPR and Swansea / Us to come straight back down and Norwich to survive through hard work.

Ian, why don't you just try enjoying the now?

All of us know that the Premier League is a God Forsaken existence where survival is the be all and end all and that the weekly prayer is "Oh Lord please don't let us be overstuffed" (apologies to Eric Burdon)

Or as Maguire once said (sic).."The Premier League will be the hangover that we will suffer from the party that we are about to have"

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 25 May 2011 16:13

Ian Royal
pea On the BBC coverage of the last day of the Premier League season all three pundits were talking about Swansea as if they were already promoted.

We'll see about that

Funny really, I can't see them doing anything in the PL with their nice passing style... they simply aren't good enough in comparison to the majority of the rest of the teams.

QPR will buy, though.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 25 May 2011 16:16

wolsey
Ian Royal

All of us know that the Premier League is a God Forsaken existence where survival is the be all and end all and that the weekly prayer is "Oh Lord please don't let us be overstuffed" (apologies to Eric Burdon)

Or as Maguire once said (sic).."The Premier League will be the hangover that we will suffer from the party that we are about to have"

I don't buy this. The premier league is a chance to see weekly football at its highest level, with world famous players visiting the Madejski. For me, that's very exciting. Remember the first game last time? Did that feel like a hangover?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 25 May 2011 16:18

I am more than happy to be considered the makeweights that will inevitibly lead to a Swansea victory. I don't give a toss for what this pundit or that journo says or writes. Write us off at your peril!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 May 2011 16:27

wolsey
Ian Royal

:?:

Who says I'm not thoroughly enjoying the now?

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 25 May 2011 16:29

facaldaqui
wolsey
Ian Royal

I don't buy this. The premier league is a chance to see weekly football at its highest level, with world famous players visiting the Madejski. For me, that's very exciting. Remember the first game last time? Did that feel like a hangover?

Well, I for one couldn't care less who we play.

I support Reading. I want us to play well and I want us to beat the opposition.

I want us to play in a competitive league.

I couldn't care less who the other team were, and I don't get any kind of excitement over the other team's players. Yes, Harper's goal against Liverpool was wonderful, and leading 1-0 against Man U was exciting, but for me it was less than totally bossing man c away (and scoring two class goals) or the away win against Bolton in the first season. (Or the reaction when Leroy scored the winner against Boro).

The Premier League is a Murdoch Enterprise and the the sooner it is gone, the better afaiac

Royal & Ancient
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal & Ancient » 25 May 2011 16:38

Having just received my ticket from Wembley I see it is printed Reading/Cardiff so we don't have to worry about Swansea!!!!!!

Further up the line you go the bigger the cock up!