Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Madejski Announcement

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 22 Aug 2011 12:45

Anyone who owns and runs a professional football club today is:

a) a lunatic
b) a lunatic
c) looking to strip it's assets and flog it off

Thankfully SJM is just A and B. SJM's are few and far between and long may he continue to steer our little club.

ellpryjon

by ellpryjon » 22 Aug 2011 12:45

Yawn. Same old fans that lack the business acumen required to understand that there is no massive amount of £££ left from players sales, and that SJM would like the club to run in a sustainable way....... :roll:

surrounded by saints

by surrounded by saints » 22 Aug 2011 12:45

madstadblues Has anyone done the maths ?

I agree with Mr. M that no one knows exactly how much we were paid for Mills and Long and over what terms.

does anyone know if leicester or west brom told their fans that mills and long didnt cost anywhere near what has been speculated?

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 22 Aug 2011 12:49

Mr Angry I don't know why SJM bothers with these sort of interviews.

Those that take the view that he has £Millions at his disposal and its only his tight-fisted attitude that prevents Brian buying £5M strikers and £5M defenders will not be convinced regardless of what he says. All they see is other clus buying players left right and centre and thinking "That should be us!!"

Just a point though......didn't Ipswich splash out quite a lot on players pre-season? Chopra etc??

12 goals conceded in 2 games against teams who were in League 1 last season seems to suggest that simply spending cash doesn't equal success..............

On the other hand look at the top of the table and see two South Coast clubs who have spent a bit of money (not ridiculous amounts).
For every Ipswich or Leicester there are Brighton or Southampton who have both risen from the ashes just as we did 20 years ago.
Incidentally doesn't our chairman's comment about incoming fees also relate to outgoings,i.e we sell players for not so much as we plebs think but also presumably within the same football industry the fees that we pay are also not as much as we plebs think?
You can't have it both ways unless you are absolutely stupid.
I have always felt that "undisclosed fees" is always a bit shady and clubs like Bournemouth always come out with that stuff and I see no reason for the club to hold back the info and would welcome hearing why we should not be open about such things.

I do find the tory grandee approach of "we know best and you lot should just accept things and keep paying us your hard-earned" just a tad 1920s and not in keeping with our more open society in the 21st century.
I can feel Southbank,RR and a few others doffing their caps and touching their forelocks as they post.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2011 12:50

Its time for complete panic. Worrying times ahead.

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 22 Aug 2011 12:56

square the rubican

:?:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2011 13:00

http://www.worksmart.org.uk/company/company.php?id=00053703#Salaries

In 2007 there were 354 employees costing £24,815,000 in salaries
2008 - 409 employees - salaries = £27,297,000
2009 - 383 employees - salaries = £22,596,000 (incomplete date - as I presume it hadn't reached their year end or something)

Under shareholders - it says "more than 100 holdings" - when you click on that it has many different companies - including RFC Holdings, Coventry FC, Blackburn FC, John Lewis - can anyone explain to me what this means please? Is this related to RFC or is it something else entirely.

EDIT: Scrap that last bit - I've worked it out now. :oops:
Last edited by Royal Lady on 22 Aug 2011 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

friday fan

by friday fan » 22 Aug 2011 13:03

Nicky, yes Sir John, Nicky tell Brain he ill need to promote within, we have no money and have to cut our cloth

Brian, Sir John said you need to cut the cloth there is no money left

Brian says 'what the "&%$!, Nicky you ask him where am i going to get 24 goals this season and plug the black hole in defence

Sir John, yes Nicky, Sir John Brian doesn't know how he will fix the problem.

Well Nicky, tell Brian to promote the young fellow, that Kanu boy, maybee the fans will think he is the ne Kanu. But Sir John he's a winger. Nicky the fans will never know and we can say he is the next big thing, you know youthful ambition and the brick by brick philosophy. Now be a good boy Nicky and run along, just sort it out with Brian.

Cue to 5000 fans singing spend some f&$%£"* money - Nicky, yes sir John, the fans are not happy, maybee they need a ave from me and I'll ring that Johnny man from the post and he'll print something nice, and by the way Nicky, can you find out who is left and won't cost too much, you know wages will be a problem Nicky.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 22 Aug 2011 13:03

Royal Lady http://www.worksmart.org.uk/company/company.php?id=00053703#Salaries

2009 - 383 employees - salaries = £22,596,000 (incomplete date - as I presume it hadn't reached their year end or something)

Under shareholders - it says "more than 100 holdings" - when you click on that it has many different companies - including RFC Holdings, Coventry FC, Blackburn FC, John Lewis - can anyone explain to me what this means please? Is this related to RFC or is it something else entirely.

That's your clue.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2011 13:04

Maquisard
square the rubican

I thought at the time this was a regularly used phrase I hadn't heard of, however I googled it...and nothing. :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Aug 2011 13:04

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Royal Lady http://www.worksmart.org.uk/company/company.php?id=00053703#Salaries

That's your clue.

So there are >100 share holders in 'dingFC, including other football clubs?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Aug 2011 13:05

Maquisard
square the rubican

Something to do with fatty bones apparently.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 22 Aug 2011 13:05

Maquisard
square the rubican

I don't think that Sir John, Fordham or the Evening Post sub-editors had a classical (or possibly any) education.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Aug 2011 13:06

friday fan Nicky, yes Sir John, Nicky tell Brain he ill need to promote within, we have no money and have to cut our cloth

Brian says 'what the "&%$!, Nicky you ask him where am i going to get 24 goals this season and plug the black hole in defence

Well Nicky, tell Brian to promote the young fellow, that Kanu boy, maybee the fans will think he is the ne Kanu. But Sir John he's a winger. Nicky the fans will never know and we can say he is the next big thing, you know youthful ambition and the brick by brick philosophy. Now be a good boy Nicky and run along, just sort it out with Brian.

Cue to 5000 fans singing spend some f&$%£"* money - Nicky, yes sir John, the fans are not happy, maybee they need a ave from me and I'll ring that Johnny man from the post and he'll print something nice, and by the way Nicky, can you find out who is left and won't cost too much, you know wages will be a problem Nicky.

Please don't bother next time.

friday fan

by friday fan » 22 Aug 2011 13:06

I thought Rubican was going to be our new signing :roll:

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 22 Aug 2011 13:08

Royal Rother
friday fan Nicky, yes Sir John, Nicky tell Brain he ill need to promote within, we have no money and have to cut our cloth

Please don't bother next time.

I don't know whether to :lol: or :|

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 22 Aug 2011 13:09

Nothing to see here. :oops:
Last edited by Royal Lady on 22 Aug 2011 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2011 13:09

friday fan I thought Rubican was going to be our new signing :roll:

Got to square him first....then we'll be making a move.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2011 13:10

This is it. Our new club motto.

friday fan

by friday fan » 22 Aug 2011 13:16

Rubicon - a river in italy apparently :roll:

crossing the Rubicon (an Idiom) is to pass a point of no return (internet definition) in the context that Sir John used it, have we passed the point of no return :lol:

469 posts