Do we need to be relegated....?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Do we need to be relegated....?

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 12:16

retro royal I reckon thats what our chairman wants, less wages to pay and know were still hit 16-17k fans every home game. We could probably just put out the kids and stay in league 1

crowds would drop to the 13,000 and 14,000's, hitting 17,000's for the so called bugger games. madejski wants to sell this club; relegation would further devalue the football club and so is not what the chairman wants.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 12:18

Sarah Star You've got to wonder though when you see teams like Norwich and Saints doing so well now.

even brighton. but it doesn't always work out like that. those clubs are run well and have good investment, while our chairman only wants to cut costs. we cannot move forward with sir john madejski in charge, no matter how much we appreciate what he has done for us.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 11 Sep 2011 13:11

Ferris For anyone who thinks we're in danger of going down, you can get a MASSIVE 20/1 with Stan James

Afraid you can't, try about 3/1.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Sep 2011 13:17

Schards#2
If the wage bill falls by more than the lost revenue, the "world class model" fans will be dancing in the streets.

:lol: :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Sep 2011 13:18

Friday's Legacy
retro royal I reckon thats what our chairman wants, less wages to pay and know were still hit 16-17k fans every home game. We could probably just put out the kids and stay in league 1

crowds would drop to the 13,000 and 14,000's, hitting 17,000's for the so called bugger games. madejski wants to sell this club; relegation would further devalue the football club and so is not what the chairman wants.

However its what the club deserves for the way its operated in recent times.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 13:21

FiNeRaIn
Friday's Legacy

However its what the club deserves for the way its operated in recent times.

no, it's what the chairman deserves, not the club. the club has come an awfully long way in the last 8 years, all to be undone because of our world class model that is still losing us money and possibly another relegation. so frustrating.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 11 Sep 2011 13:23

Ferris For anyone who thinks we're in danger of going down, you can get a MASSIVE 20/1 with Stan James

Not bad at all that!

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 11 Sep 2011 13:36

Big Foot ...to get ourselves better setup for a return to the Premiership?

The likes of Kebe who don't want to be here would leave.
The deadwood like Griffin, McAnuff etc would leave.
The youngsters like Church, HRK & Obita etc would flourish

Would also create a bit of momentum if we were able to come back up almost instantly - Norwich, Swansea, Brighton are all examples of bouncing back stronger

I can see why you would think this. As it would give the manager a chance to start again and really sort out the style of the team to become more of a threat. We would have youngsters like D'ath and taylor to become more creative in the middle. Cummings would be our overlapping full back as would Mills plus we would hopefully still have McAnuff, Obita & Hrk on the wings. But it would be a disaster after so much promise last season and I would prefer us to stay in the champ.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Sep 2011 13:38

Plymouth_Royal

Would also create a bit of momentum if we were able to come back up almost instantly - Norwich, Swansea, Brighton are all examples of bouncing back stronger

I can see why you would think this. As it would give the manager a chance to start again and really sort out the style of the team to become more of a threat. We would have youngsters like D'ath and taylor to become more creative in the middle. Cummings would be our overlapping full back as would Mills plus we would hopefully still have McAnuff, Obita & Hrk on the wings. But it would be a disaster after so much promise last season and I would prefer us to stay in the champ.

i remember thinking this when we were relegated to division 1/league 1 the last time and we were a disaster and almost relegated to the basement division. it doesn't always work out like that; in fact very rarely.

zummerset

by zummerset » 11 Sep 2011 13:45

Big Foots suggestion is freakin nuts...we can barely cope at the moment without going down a division and losing money, fans, better players... I really don't think Mr Mads going to throw money at the problem to sort it out....just stay calm and carry on - it will be OK in a month

Muguire

by Muguire » 11 Sep 2011 13:48

NO WE DON'T BUTLER YOU STUPID KUNT. oxf*rd KIDS WHO HAVE ZERO IDEA ABOUT THE GAME :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Cookie

by Cookie » 11 Sep 2011 14:47

Sarah Star You've got to wonder though when you see teams like Norwich and Saints doing so well now.

And York and Luton and Wrexham and Plymouth and Crewe and Rotherham and Gillingham and Southend.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Sep 2011 14:48

FiNeRaIn
Schards#2
If the wage bill falls by more than the lost revenue, the "world class model" fans will be dancing in the streets.

:lol: :lol:

How's that even slightly amusing? :|

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Sep 2011 15:27

Count me in!

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 11 Sep 2011 16:01

zummerset Big Foots suggestion is freakin nuts...we can barely cope at the moment without going down a division and losing money, fans, better players... I really don't think Mr Mads going to throw money at the problem to sort it out....just stay calm and carry on - it will be OK in a month

Sorry - can you show me where I suggested it? I believe I only asked a question you mongdiv

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 11 Sep 2011 16:24

This is now the F*cking stupidest post on here? Relegation would set us back years you knob!!! Our team is good we are just not performing atm. Drop griffin and Jobi shake things up!! CHURCH WOULDN'T EVEN FLOURISH IN MY SUNDAY LEAGUE TEAM, HE IS SOOOOOOO oxf*rd

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 11 Sep 2011 17:05

No

KEBEISTHEGREATEST

Going down a good thing?

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 11 Sep 2011 19:05

I seriously believe we will go down this season...We are haunted by the play off defeats.
Even though we have lost just two players and brought three new..The team collectively is not playing well.

Just look at Southampton,Brighton,Norwich,Swansea, Blackpool.
They have all gone down..Rebuilt their team and taken the Championship by the scruff of the neck.

That is all.
Accept my point....You know its true,

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Going down a good thing?

by Simon's Church » 11 Sep 2011 19:07

double d

Re: Going down a good thing?

by double d » 11 Sep 2011 19:08

its been 5 games. we will not go down. mid table at best but we will not go down.