Re: support at palace

by T.R.O.L.I. » 28 Oct 2011 15:29

Tony Le Mesmer Quality > Quantity.

^ * 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 28 Oct 2011 15:51

I remember 06 they were charging 30 quid for a Friday night game that was live on Sky. And giving it to us about are crap support. How many would they have bought if it was the other way?

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 28 Oct 2011 17:44

T.R.O.L.I. From a Reading point of view, a smaller away following generally leads to a better atmosphere (ref Southampton away Xmas '08).

So personally I'm not fussed how many tickets we haven't sold.

True but it's got a lot to do with the ground/away end too. Whether you have 500 or 1,500 at Ashton Gate or Selhurst the atmosphere will be way better than with the equivalant numbers at a newer stadium such as Southampton, Coventry or Derby.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Oct 2011 17:58

We don't have the worst away support in the league.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 28 Oct 2011 18:13

URZZZZZZZZ
M-U-R-T-Y Anyway thats rich from the Palace fans, they only took 900 to us for the match at the Madejski last season, and 3pm Saturday KO too.

It was 2,835 actually.

Yeah, I mis-read this site, didn't realise it was averages, thought it was their numbers to games... Massive FAIL when you consider the same stats were posted above me *headdesk* I wondered how you could get .1 of a person. I'm a bit of a spaz.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/archive/inde ... 19400.html

This proves that you haven't been watching Reading very much. I can remember an abundance of teams which sold every seat in the away end over the years, certainly not top five.

Not denying that. 3 years at uni 200 miles away you don't get to see them very often. Before that, skint, but have been to 6 games this season so far, a lot more than some on here...

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Oct 2011 18:27

M-U-R-T-Y Not denying that. 3 years at uni 200 miles away you don't get to see them very often. Before that, skint, but have been to 6 games this season so far, a lot more than some on here...

Yeah..perhaps a bit harsh with my response so apologies...it was more that I felt you were trying to pass that opinion off as a statement, not sure why I took it like that. Just remember seeing plenty bigger followings over the years than saints...even in division two. Wouldn't put southampton anywhere close to the top.

lol at the palace supporter...sums it up well..

"Doncaster above Reading, Watford & Bristols titty - pathetic display by those 3 and well done Donnie."

Considering we've made the play-offs twice and according to some will be there or thereabouts this season, we have a really pathetic away following no matter how you dress it up.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 28 Oct 2011 19:11

Saints was an impressive following, but not only have several other clubs sold out both sides of the stand, but they did so without a stupid TV studio stuck in the corner.

Really interesting seeing the table of average away attendances though. Not so long ago I was chatting with my uncle about what teams we are most comparable to in this league, and I plumped for Watford first, then maybe Coventry. Funny to see we all take similar followings away with us.

Finally I can't make it to Palace tomorrow, but 1,200 is a very good following from the Royals. Hope everyone who goes has fun and that we get the result we need!

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 28 Oct 2011 19:15

Tony Le Mesmer We took about 500 to Palace in 2006. Awesome atmosphere that night. Quality > Quantity.

Anyway, sod Selhurst Park tomorrow. I shall be at Wey Court, Godalming for the F A Cup 4QR tie v Maidenhead United. A proper match day experience at about a 1/3rd of the cost.

We should only play at Palace on a Friday night. That was an epic match.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 28 Oct 2011 19:30

M-U-R-T-Y I wonder what the lowest away attendance at the Mad Stad is.

My money would be on Macclesfield's one and only visit here, can't have been more than fifty.

Agree our away following is pathetic, we struggle to get even close to five hundred these days for trips up north. When you look at what 'boro, a reasonable sized club in comparison to us, brought down the other week and it puts us to shame, even when you take away the exiles based down south.

jazz

by jazz » 28 Oct 2011 19:49

biscuitman Bristol City is a perfect exmaple of rubbish away fans. Massive City/area.. I've heard that they've sold 140 tickets for Oakwell tomorrow..

Bristolians get pretty shaky if they are out of distance from the cider.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 28 Oct 2011 23:12

Compo's Hat

My money would be on Macclesfield's one and only visit here, can't have been more than fifty.

Agree our away following is pathetic, we struggle to get even close to five hundred these days for trips up north. When you look at what 'boro, a reasonable sized club in comparison to us, brought down the other week and it puts us to shame, even when you take away the exiles based down south.

What about Wimbledon? I seem to recall them only bringing about 50 in their last season. Memory also seems to recall loosing it 1-0 which would be typical!

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 28 Oct 2011 23:30

Our away support is shlt (in numbers) and always has been.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 29 Oct 2011 05:31

It's never been good but TBF going to away games is an expensive time consuming business. So I would never slag off anyone who travels no matter how small or large the following is.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 29 Oct 2011 09:47

Scannell's brother shagged a dwarf about a year a go. Anyone who down the front make sure he is aware that we know. Apparently he can't concentrate on the game after he hears that.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 29 Oct 2011 12:27

Royal Prince Saints was an impressive following, but not only have several other clubs sold out both sides of the stand, but they did so without a stupid TV studio stuck in the corner.

Really interesting seeing the table of average away attendances though. Not so long ago I was chatting with my uncle about what teams we are most comparable to in this league, and I plumped for Watford first, then maybe Coventry. Funny to see we all take similar followings away with us.

Finally I can't make it to Palace tomorrow, but 1,200 is a very good following from the Royals. Hope everyone who goes has fun and that we get the result we need!

Yes but guess point of quality > quantity springs to mind as i felt on the whole for away support they were pretty quiet, we may not have the numbers but we certainly do give it some!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 29 Oct 2011 13:08

We took what 100-120? Too Hull, wonder how many they bring to us, it is embarrassing at times and i wish the fans who travel to close games or big games like City, would just take the time to atleast try once a year to travel longer distances.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 29 Oct 2011 13:09

Royal Prince
Compo's Hat

What about Wimbledon? I seem to recall them only bringing about 50 in their last season. Memory also seems to recall loosing it 1-0 which would be typical!

And guess who scored that day!

Tad Showbiz

by Tad Showbiz » 29 Oct 2011 13:11

Compo's Hat

Not sure about Macclesfield, I'm sure they brought a couple of hundred at least that day.
I reckon it must have been Wimbledon when their fans were prostesting against the move to MK in the last season or two before the franchise. Might have been Walsall as they never take much of an away following.

Dickie Davies

by Dickie Davies » 29 Oct 2011 17:16

Palace 0 Reading 0

Teams:

Crystal Palace: 1. Julian Speroni, 2. Nathaniel Clyne, 3. David Wright, 5. Paddy McCarthy, 6. Anthony Gardner, 11. Sean Scannell (7. Darren Ambrose '77), 15. Mile Jedinak, 16. Wilfried Zaha, 17. Glenn Murray, 20. Jonathan Williams (4. Jonathan Parr '81), 21. Dean Moxey

Subs Not Used: 34. Lewis Price, 8. Kagisho Dikgacoi, 19. Jermaine Easter

Bookings: Zaha

Reading: 1. Adam Federici, 4. Jem Karcan, 5. Alex Pearce, 8. Mikele Leigertwood, 9. Adam Le Fondre, 11. Jobi McAnuff, 16. Joseph Mills, 17. Kaspars Gorkss, 18. Simon Church (10. Noel Hunt '72), 19. Hal Robson-Kanu (14. Jimmy Kebe '72) 24. Shaun Cummings

Subs Not Used: 12. Alex McCarthy, 22. Mathieu Manset, 23. Ian Harte

Bookings: Mills, McAnuff, Robson-Kanu, Karacan

Att: 21,002 (Away: 1,321)

Well played Palace... 3rd and a clean sheet.

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 30 Oct 2011 18:44

Stuka
Royals-lad14 so lets prove them wrong! cant wait for tomorrow, so lets be loud and proud! URZZZZ!

[u]And you can feck off with that Back The Boys embarressing shit.[/[/u]

+1

+1 more but from what I could make out Palace's was even more embarassing