Reading Player Highlights

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KEBEISTHEGREATEST

Reading Player Highlights

by KEBEISTHEGREATEST » 31 Oct 2011 17:48

Just to make a point...Does ALFIE look anything like Hunt?

Commentator says Hunt hit the bar from Kebe's deep cross.

Really!!! I thought Reading would be able to employ a good commentator...

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading Player Highlights

by tomrfcurz » 31 Oct 2011 18:03

He doesn't look that disimilar from a distance but as the commentator on a specific club's games you should be getting it right. Fair point.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Oct 2011 18:19

Reading Player isn't actually Reading FC, it's an independent company which has an agreement to use our club's name to be the official highlights and commentary package. That's why you can listen to any game with any available commentary with just the Reading FC package.

It's the same guy that does all of the commentary for all the teams I think. And it may well be the same stuff as the Beeb use as I'm pretty sure the exact same mistake was made on the Football League Show.

It's not great really, but it's not some RFC employee who's incompetant. And as mentioned they are similar height, have the same colour hair and I think both wear a sweat band on one wrist, so it's actually a pretty easy mistake to make if they're both on the pitch.

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 31 Oct 2011 19:36

Quite a few games are done with Radio Berkshire commentary so I have no idea who this independent company is? Especially the home games. The palace highlights that were put on today is Palace's own commentary.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 31 Oct 2011 19:59

I often listen to the commentary whilst at games and they frequently get stuff wrong.

A fave of mine was Peter Hood's "Manset has gone past three defenders and burst into their box. No, it's actually Robson Kanu, but they're both um, they're both err, I mean they're both wearing brightly coloured boots".

RFCUK

by RFCUK » 31 Oct 2011 20:03

KEBEISTHEGREATEST Just to make a point...Does ALFIE look anything like Hunt?

Commentator says Hunt hit the bar from Kebe's deep cross.

Really!!! I thought Reading would be able to employ a good commentator...

Hahahaha. I was racking my brain thinking when did Hunt change to number nine..?! Idiocy

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Oct 2011 22:44

biscuitman Quite a few games are done with Radio Berkshire commentary so I have no idea who this independent company is? Especially the home games. The palace highlights that were put on today is Palace's own commentary.

Player is separate to RFC. Match commentary is a feed of BBCRB (previously 107), but I'm sure the video highlights voice over is always the same guy and isn't a Reading FC employee, but works for Player (or someone random).

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 01 Nov 2011 08:07

Apparently a load of people made this mistake as the paper reports credit Hunt with it and I heard the Monday morning sport on BBCRB and even the fount of all knowledge that is Dim said it was Hunt. So we are all wrong and ALF and Hunt changed clothes when none of us were looking and it was Hunt wearing 9 :D

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 Nov 2011 20:57

:|

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1