Back from the game - Palace

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game - Palace

by FiNeRaIn » 31 Oct 2011 20:35

Man Friday
FiNeRaIn
Ian Royal That is shocking if true, there is absolutely no way that's gone out.

Le Fondre is blocking off the keeper a bit as it comes over, but it was a tricky one to come and claim and he didn't actually seem to be making much effort to try and get round ALF.

Looks a good goal to me. But then they could easily have got a penalty, even if the right decision was made, and had one great save from Fed and another cleared off the line.

Welcome to the championship...where you can kick the S**T out of everyone else on the pitch yet you even brush a keeper ( who already has an advantage in being able to us his hands) and its a foul. Idiots are in charge of modern day football and we are seeing the repercussions of that. An absolutely baffling law protecting keepers when they already have an advantage in being able to catch the ball in the first place.

You're missing the point big-time. The ref argued that the foul on the keeper was the reason for disallowing the goal and then later (apparently) said it was because the cross had gone out of play. Whatever the supposed "basis" of his decision, he disallowed the goal not because he perceived there to be ANY infringement but simply because he felt on reflection that he'd got the penalty wrong 2 minutes earlier. He didn't cancel the goal for what he really believed to be an infringement. That's the point.

Where is this quote of which you all speak in which the referee contradicted himself? Secondly, my post was a general rant at the silly protection goalkeepers in general receive in the area. If our goal was disallowed because of that, then my earlier post is entirely valid.

Waiting on evidence the referee blew for it going out of play. Nothing to do with " missing the point".. peculiar post.

Stuka
Hob Nob Regular

by Stuka » 31 Oct 2011 21:38

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Oct 2011 22:39

Looks like it was for Le Fondre on the keeper then. He was certainly right on him and standing between him and Speroni coming for the cross. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. Looks like a harsh, but just about understandable call then.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 31 Oct 2011 23:11

Just to say I have read the League Paper and cannot see anything saying the referee gave the ball out of play. McDermott has said the ref told him it was disallowed because of a foul and the restart was taken outside the six yard box.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 01 Nov 2011 02:04

Elmer Park
gazzer, loyal royal ref said in the football league paper this morning that the ball had gone out of play from the corner even though the ino didn't give it

Whoever told you it said that in the Football League Paper was winding you up my friend. It said no such thing. The ref definitely gave a foul on Speroni but I think it could have been for something that he believed happened just after the corner was taken and before the camera turned to show the six yard box. He certainly blew long before the ball was in the net. Maybe whatever the ref saw or thought he saw was not on camera. If anything happened at all though it must have been something that happens as every corner is taken so we were definitely unlucky with that.

Bingo! Bet everyone was watching the ball and not what was happening in the box like i always do, except i wasn't at that game and at Godalming instead.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Nov 2011 07:08

who are ya? I'm sure Watford fans will have alot of sympathy for us over this disallowed goal.

Just how many times do you think we have to pay for that one ? :roll:

Arthur Pint
Location: Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, one step, two step and....

by Arthur Pint » 01 Nov 2011 11:54

Franchise FC
who are ya? I'm sure Watford fans will have alot of sympathy for us over this disallowed goal.

Just how many times do you think we have to pay for that one ? :roll:

We've paid Watford back for that one now anyway by not turning up at all to the game at the Madejski this season and allowing them to score 2 goals! :wink: