Tim Dellor says...

195 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Tim Dellor says...

by Mr Angry » 05 Jan 2012 14:53

Tim Dellor is ok as far as I'm concerned, and, whenever I've met/spoken to him, a pretty good bloke to boot.

He may not be John Arlott or Stuart Hall, but frankly all this Dellorh8 is a bit OTT.

Oh and Alan Green = total wakner (and a fat bugger who makes Woodcote and I look like Kate Moss)

under the tin

by under the tin » 05 Jan 2012 15:02

Woodcote Royal
RoyalBlue
Woodcote Royal Meanwhile, we have the left wing BBC who are quite happy to see us put behind bars if we fail to pay our TV licence...................

TV licence is in essence a tax, so unless people are going to follow the Glorious Leader's example and take a tax holiday, why shouldn't they be prosecuted for not paying?

My point is that whilst for decades they have threatened with imprisonment those who fail to pay their TV licence, they regularly suggest that a similar punishment may not be appropriate for those who riot in the street, loot shops and set fire to buildings.
Who are "they", Woodcote? Are you suggesting the BBC has some kind of influence on sentencing in our courts?
My secondary point is that while all our national newspapers are up front about their own views and we all have the choice to buy them or not, we don't enjoy either luxury with our national broadcaster.
Dale Carnegie one said that we're all open minded bigots, and that description, IMHO, is well founded.
The truth is what we want it to be.

And, funnily enough, the BBC is usually seen as impartial by those who buy The Daily Mirror.

For my two pennorth, Tim's voice grates on me a bit. He does come across as a smarmy public school prefect.
I was a big fan of Joel Hufford.
In fairness, though, I have never switched Tim's show off not knowing what the score was, who scored the goals, etc. etc.
Blimey, I can remember standing in the supporters club bar under the Norfolk Road stand, listening to some bloke trying to commentate on an away game down the phone, which was hooked up to a loudspeaker.
Bless whoever it was who was doing it, but it really was not very good.
He used to get all excited at moments of high tension,and often used to degenerate into oohs and aaahs!
"Stuckey takes the corner, a goalmouth scramble, and ooh... ahh.... um......aahh.....it's cleared by the Swansea defence"

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 05 Jan 2012 15:32

Mr Angry Tim Dellor is ok as far as I'm concerned, and, whenever I've met/spoken to him, a pretty good bloke to boot.

He may not be John Arlott or Stuart Hall, but frankly all this Dellorh8 is a bit OTT.

+1

I wouldn't fancy doing 5 hrs live broadcasting. There is going to have to be some "filling" somewhere along the line.

Joel Hufford (s) was class though, but that's why he got promoted.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Jan 2012 16:27

Joel went to work for the NHS I believe, not sure that's a promotion....

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 06 Jan 2012 12:23

Dellor's ok . Could be worse . I suppose if any of us had to fill as many hours as he does we'd make the occasional annoying comment . His voice though, is not pleasant to listen to, which is a shame for a radio presenter .

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Jan 2012 12:45

under the tin
Woodcote Royal My point is that whilst for decades they have threatened with imprisonment those who fail to pay their TV licence, they regularly suggest that a similar punishment may not be appropriate for those who riot in the street, loot shops and set fire to buildings

Who are "they", Woodcote? Are you suggesting the BBC has some kind of influence on sentencing in our courts?

Have you seriously never seen the BBC's "Public Infomation films" they have broadcasted on a daily basis for decades and on many different subjects including the risks involved of not paying your TV licence?

They have often featured men in "Detector Vans" saying daft things like "They are watching Coronation St but they haven't paid their TV licence :| " and warning that failure to do so could result in a prison sentence.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Jan 2012 12:58

That's because you'd be stealing if you didn't have the licence, slutguts.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 06 Jan 2012 13:15

This TV licence campaign was also run on ITV for many years. Recall Shaw Taylor doing it. There were actually only 4 vans in the whole of the UK - all decommissioned now in favour of database investigation.

The BBC is fab - respected around the world and constantly attacked by both main political parties at home. Can't say fairer than that.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Jan 2012 13:30

I would rather listen to Dellor on the radio than listen to 95% of the delightful people who post on this forum.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 06 Jan 2012 14:10

good job we don't do it then :|

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Jan 2012 16:02

Terminal Boardom I would rather listen to Dellor on the radio than listen to 95% of the delightful people who post on this forum.

95%? that's a bit low.

Personally I like radio Berks with Adiew W in the studio and Mickey Gooding trying to make sense of Dellors comments.

It's a big huzzah for the demise of 107 broadcasting. Shit music at half time and a scottish bint link annoncer who cared as much about fooball as Ian Hislop does.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Jan 2012 16:30

Extended-Phenotype That's because you'd be stealing if you didn't have the licence, slutguts.

As opposed to putting peoples lives at serious risk when setting light to their homes, sh*t for brains.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 06 Jan 2012 16:50

Woodcote Royal
Extended-Phenotype That's because you'd be stealing if you didn't have the licence, slutguts.

As opposed to putting peoples lives at serious risk when setting light to their homes, sh*t for brains.

I missed that public information film.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Jan 2012 16:51

Fox Talbot This TV licence campaign was also run on ITV for many years. Recall Shaw Taylor doing it. There were actually only 4 vans in the whole of the UK - all decommissioned now in favour of database investigation.

Ah, is that why the idiots wasted a fortune in sending me threatening letters and were on the verge of instigating legal proceedings, even though the property was unoccupied and there wasn't anything capable of receiving a tv signal within it!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2012 22:04

Svlad Cjelli [Spot on - and the worst is that he doesn't know how wrong is is on so many things, but he'll be so strident and insistent that he's completely right about things. Until after the next break, when he very quietly intimates that perhaps he wasn't right after all and changes the subject.
yes...and?

you really take him far too seriously Sylv.

BTW and as an aside...should we get to a Wembley play-off this year...can we please have your blessing for the National Anthem to be played this time....instead of the damp squib that we had against Swansea?......I've never forgiven you and your anti anthem rant :wink:

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 07 Jan 2012 14:03

Well I'm sure all the slaggers of Dellor will be delighted to know the BBC are chopping regional radio from midweek evenings so BBC berks sport will be only sat pms. Clearly the cuts will lead to cost savings or would he pointless, so the sports teams will probably shrink. This thread might have to become save tim dellor

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 07 Jan 2012 21:18

Z175 Well I'm sure all the slaggers of Dellor will be delighted to know the BBC are chopping regional radio from midweek evenings so BBC berks sport will be only sat pms. Clearly the cuts will lead to cost savings or would he pointless, so the sports teams will probably shrink. This thread might have to become save tim dellor

He's a muppet.... but he's our muppet!

SAVE TIM DELLOR!

Rush to oblivian

by Rush to oblivian » 07 Jan 2012 21:34

He may not be perfect, but I like Tim Dellor.............and Micky Gooding is the perfect foil to him!

jonboy29red

by jonboy29red » 07 Jan 2012 21:35

people complaining about TD need to think about what could happen to reading games in the future with the bbc cuts we could end up with a program shared with bbc oxford

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 07 Jan 2012 21:38

jonboy29red people complaining about TD need to think about what could happen to reading games in the future with the bbc cuts we could end up with a program shared with bbc oxford

Oh NO! Not again! :twisted:

195 posts